Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GameSpot Loses Another Editor
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
GameSpot Loses Another Editor - Jan 29, 2008 11:16
GameSpot thread re purposed. See the bottom post.

After the much-publicized departure of editorial director Jeff Gerstmann, GameSpot' s parent company, CNet, has named its new editor-in-chief: Ricardo Torres, who has been with the site since 2001. " I' m eager to continue the site' s tradition of excellence" Torres said in response to the promotion, " and I' m confident we can move forward into 2008 and set a new industry standard for how video games are covered."

As editor-in-chief, CNet says that Torres " will oversee GameSpot' s award-winning editorial staff in their coverage of the latest games and breaking news." What it doesn' t mention is that he will also take on the responsibility of repairing GameSpot' s shattered image. GameSpot' s editorial section has been in a state of disarray since the Gerstmann incident, in which rumors suggest that the former editorial director was fired due to advertiser pressure. After his departure, several staff members (including Alex Navarro and Frank Provo) left the publication in protest.

This whole GameSpot fiasco has totally turned me off to the site, and all of their partner sites, and is just one more reason why I refuse to give them another hit.

The last thing I want to see is good people getting screwed because corporate America' s infiltrated the gaming news industry.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 5 Feb 08 0:25:03 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message