Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Public service announcement
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Public service announcement - Dec 25, 2006 14:19
I just have to say after 2L of Whisky I' ve come to the inevitable conclusion that I love you guys. Ah yeah I do, in a fucked up twisted way Kikizo is like our second family.

You guys know what games I like but you may not know what sports I like. The truth is the only sport I like, the only sport I' m good at is drinking and the 24th/25th of December is my annual drink fest. It' s a time where I drown my brain with the sweet amour of my favorite drug.

I don' t know where I' m going with this in my drunken stupor but in the likely case that I' m too fucked up to turn on my computer in the next few days I want you guys to understand how I feel about this gaming movement and all of us willing to devote all this personal time to our common passion.

I have more in common with you guys than I do with my real family. So to that end I raise my glass with the hope that next year brings as much excitement and furious arguments as 2006 proved. Cheers!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Public service announcement - Dec 27, 2006 00:49
Uhhhh.... Cheers? Happy Hangover dude.
Agent Ghost

RE: Public service announcement - Dec 27, 2006 07:45
LOL WTF?

I' m pretty articulate when I' m drunk, at least when I type, it' s a different story when I try to speak. You can see the words you want to say, the words you should say but it just seems like too much effort so you just pick a few key syllables and hope the other guy speaks gibberish.

The best part is that I still have some Canadian Club left.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Public service announcement - Dec 27, 2006 21:58
I was going to say Agent, your grammar is like... AMAZING!! When you' re drunk
of course... how..

How does that work???
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Public service announcement - Dec 27, 2006 23:26

I just have to say after 2L of Whisky I' ve come to the inevitable conclusion that I love you guys.
I just find it funny that the ultimate steryotypical drunk sentence still works on the web. Well, just goes to show how little I know about getting toasted & posting on Kikizo. Seriously though, we are kinda' like a long-distance dysfunctional, verbally abusive & drunk sort of family.

Edit:

after 2L of Whisky

Jeezus Christ. You know that' s enough to kill most normal sized people right? Your liver must look like a burnt Tendercrisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Public service announcement - Dec 28, 2006 02:24
Why is this a Public Service announcement? They usually include a long drawn out yawn-athon about why your Water, Electricity and And sanitation facilities are being cut, at the same time and still being billed.

Instead I get a guy telling me he loves me and that We are his second Family.

.. thinking about it, I perfer this
Agent Ghost

RE: Public service announcement - Dec 28, 2006 06:35
To answer some questions, I didn' t actually drink 2L of Whisky. It was actually 2 750ml bottles not including the whine I drank with supper and the Beer I drank all day. It wasn' t the most I ever drank in 24 hours but it was up there. Also to answer the question on how I can be so articulate while drunk. Try it. It' s not as hard to type as it is to speak while piss drunk. I had to keep one eye closed as I was seeing double and it took me about ten minutes to type the message (after reading each sentence over and over) but I knew what I wanted to say.

The title was probably my attempt at a joke.

You should see me play on live in games like COD2 or 3, I pwn my friends when I drink. I' m a decent player in fast paced console FPS' s but when I' m drunk it' s like I' m possessed (sp). That' s what I can never understand, how I can play better in a game that relies on reflexes and spacial analysis when drunk. I mean drunk to the point where I can' t pronounce a single word and I have to fight to avoid passing out. My friends think it' s hilarious.

One thing is for sure, everything is more fun when drunk.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 27 Dec 06 22:36:39 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Public service announcement - Dec 28, 2006 09:26
Hmm, you should try playing as Shun in Virtua Fighter while drunk.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Public service announcement - Jan 03, 2007 03:42
Try playing Katamari Damacy when drunk. Let me know if it reverts to normalicy.
Agent Ghost

RE: Public service announcement - Jan 03, 2007 12:25
I' m only good with console first person shooters. Fast pace FPS' s like COD2 and COD3. Those are my games, anything else it would be very obvious that I' m impaired.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Public service announcement - Jan 03, 2007 16:05
hmm, yeah people say they are better at fps games while drunk I call it BS. My friends said they were better and I remained sober to find out. Nope, worse actually and they just think they are better. Then they go on to say there is this perfect state after a few beers where your aiming is just smoother. No, there isn' t.
Agent Ghost

RE: Public service announcement - Jan 03, 2007 19:51
I think a person can play better at a game they are very good at after one or two beers. This depends greatly on the person though. I' m not saying I play better when drunk but I play better then most when drunk.

Just the other day I had at least 7 beers and I played about 8 rounds of COD3 with random people. Every single round (except for one where I finished third) I was first place on my team. The maps were pretty full, about 20 people. Granted these were just random people, not the regular group I play with.

As I was saying before I believe some people actually can play better after one or two beers. Take myself for example. I' m an anxious person, not the type of anxiety where I need to take pills but I' m usually pretty edgy. If I have a good night sleep and nothing is bothering me I might be able to play my best but most of the time I don' t.

I use the sniper almost exclusively and often the mistake I keep repeating is that I take too long to make my shot. It seems that if I miss it' s always because I wait one second too late and I lose my target or I get shot myself. I have trouble hitting a moving target in COD3 as everyone probably does.

However when I drink one or two beers, I' m in that perfect spot where I don' t feel the controller anymore and I don' t have to think about the buttons. I think of an action and it happens. It' s as if I never miss, and it takes me 1/4th the time to make my shot. Even if the other guy had a scope on me first often I can nail him before he shoots. It doesn' t even feel like I have to aim, it feels like I only zoom to get the acuracy I need and shoot at the same moment. Of course I die more often but even if I die 50% more I kill twice as much. It really depends on the person. Anyone with anxiety can better their game with a drink, I' m sure of it. A drink will calm my mind, so my thoughts don' t wander to things that are stressing me out. Obviously not everyone has this problem to begin with so a drink wouldn' t have the same effect.

Speaking of which if you have a higher tollerence for alcohol not only will it take more drinks to get drunk but the first few drinks will have a different effect on a person who has a lower tollerance.

Once I drink about 3 beers it seems like I hit a wall and the beer turns into a disadvantage. I can still hold my own though.

the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Public service announcement - Jan 16, 2007 00:45
Well at least you all have fun when drunk. My darkness only grows. Playing Burnout after a few drinks feels good.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Public service announcement - Jan 16, 2007 01:13

I have trouble hitting a moving target in COD3 as everyone probably does.
Really? Stationary targets drive me nuts on a thumbstick. I' ve thought it out, and in CoD:3, if your mark is running full speed I lead my target by 1/2 an inch. If they' re sprinting, I give it a whole inch. It' s basic marksman skills, but I guess people don' t realise that their reflexes don' t equal what they' re seeing.

I use the sniper almost exclusively

Same here, I usually end up with the unscoped K98, although if it' s a big map I' ll take a scope. BTW, seriously off topic, have you tried the new map Ghost? I' m busy with work, so I haven' t been able to try it yet.
Agent Ghost

RE: Public service announcement - Jan 16, 2007 06:31
Yeah I tried it, I like it. At first I found it challenging for a sniper as the map actually seems to favor machine guns believe it or not. Or could just have been that I wasn' t playing very well. However once I found the tower I was picking them off like flies. It' s a solid map, I' m more pleased with it than I am with the free maps that came with Gears. I just bought some MS points the other day so I can buy the other maps coming out.

Lately I' ve been playing like shit though,I haven' t been playing as often and I have some things on my mind and it' s fucking up my game. Still we should play team battle sometime. I don' t care if we' re on the same team or not. I always pick random teams anyways.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Public service announcement - Jan 16, 2007 07:15
Yeah, I noticed that scoped wasn' t amazing, but bolt actions in general are pretty solid. Unlike the M1, the K98 un-scoped makes you slow down a little & take a good shot, without having to worry about what you' re going to do come close quarters.

Still we should play team battle sometime. I don' t care if we' re on the same team or not. I always pick random teams anyways.
Nah, much better if you' re on different teams. Bragging rights & all that.

I should be on sometime tonight, depends on how far I' m slacking off with exams. Hopefully we can game then. (Sighs) Back to writing detailed papers on Micronesia.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll