Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Freaking loose hinge (NDS Lite rant, warned)
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
Freaking loose hinge (NDS Lite rant, warned) - Mar 18, 2007 15:12
F**k!

I love my NDS Lite, but the amount of care it needs to stay perfect is ridiculous!

I get mystery scratches on the surface (mine is the onyx one, so it isn' t very obvious) that I don' t recall even making (we' re talking about like a tiny hedgehog being rubbed on the surface).

I can live with it because of the shiny surface, but this new problem that' s prompt up is really pissing me off!

I just found out I had a loose hinge. I think it' s going to turn into that crack that NDS Lite' s tend to get. It wouldn' t be so bad if it was just cosmetic, but the thing is loose. It' s freaking me out!

I hate to send it for repairs. I still have a warranty. But it' ll be sent to Japan or something and it' ll be weeks before I get it back...

So I' m not sure whether I should send it. Hell, they might not even notice the loose hinge! I want a replacement!

Edit: Turns out that the left hinge is where the actual LCD wires are located. Fantastic, I' m going to lose my top screen...and I' ll prolly have to pay for repairs (just checked the warranty booklet).
< Message edited by Byakko -- 18 Mar 07 7:15:22 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Freaking loose hinge (NDS Lite rant, warned) - Mar 18, 2007 22:12
Where did you buy it from? Lik-Sang?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Freaking loose hinge (NDS Lite rant, warned) - Mar 18, 2007 23:54
If it turns into a crack, I' m almost positive Nintendo will repair it for free (minus shipping). Mine' s got one, & I' m just not bothering. I could spend 3 weeks w/o a DS, which, given the amount of lacking titles it' s been getting lately isn' t that big of a deal. But, apparently it just frays the wires enough to be non functional, repair shouldn' t be rocket science.
Byakko

RE: Freaking loose hinge (NDS Lite rant, warned) - Mar 19, 2007 01:40

Where did you buy it from? Lik-Sang?

Local large retailer called Tenchi Comics. It pretty much buys everything in bulk so it had all the NDS Lite colors and was slightly cheaper.

But naturally, since my NDS Lite doesn' t actually have a crack, but a loose hinge that might become a crack, they' re telling me to to head for the local distributor Maxsoft Pte Ltd.

They' re closed today (Sunday), calling them up tomorrow.

Technically, it says that I should have registered my DS within 2 weeks of purchase. I think they' ll waive that as long as I' m within the warranty period.

I' ll prolly send it within this week, hopefully. That way, I get it back just as my University applications are over.
Nitro

RE: Freaking loose hinge (NDS Lite rant, warned) - Mar 19, 2007 03:17

ORIGINAL: Byakko

I' ll prolly send it within this week, hopefully. That way, I get it back just as my University applications are over.

Where are you applying?
Byakko

RE: Freaking loose hinge (NDS Lite rant, warned) - Mar 19, 2007 03:28
Just about everywhere I can, really.

My heart is set on an Arts, Design and Media course at Nanyang Technological University. It' s basically the most funded and highly equipped art school in Singapore, and it' s only about 2 years old. I was at the Open House and the entire thing isn' t even furnished completely yet.

Anyway, I' m currently working like a dog on my 3min video, demo reel, 400 word essay on WHY I should have this course, and oh yeah, I have to do an interview + faculty test =/

BUT IT' LL BE WORTH IT! It' s got courses in Game Design, Animation, Visual Communication, the works! 4 year course, get a Bachelor' s Degree and possibly confirmed jobs with partnered studios.

Of course, if that falls through, I' m either going with Social Sciences and take an external Diploma course instead Or I retake my A' levels. I had...really, really bad grades, nuff said
Nitro

RE: Freaking loose hinge (NDS Lite rant, warned) - Mar 19, 2007 03:30

ORIGINAL: Byakko

It' s got courses in Game Design..

Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Freaking loose hinge (NDS Lite rant, warned) - Mar 19, 2007 04:02

My heart is set on an Arts, Design and Media course at Nanyang Technological University.

Cool, I think I' ve occasionally used some Maya shaders that were developed by someone who I assume is/was a professor there (but might have been a student).
< Message edited by zoy -- 18 Mar 07 20:04:14 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Freaking loose hinge (NDS Lite rant, warned) - Mar 19, 2007 04:06
" why should I go to your Course huh?, let me ask you, Why should You Come to my lectures!?"

that always goes down well.
Byakko

RE: Freaking loose hinge (NDS Lite rant, warned) - Mar 19, 2007 23:43
3rd night of script writing, not past 1st page gawd...

Shit, okay, I have to concentrate on this first...

Anyway, I think I can look past the loose hinge. It' s not really so bad, if I don' t actually pull or poke it it doesn' t move. So, despite the fact my warranty runs out this month, I' ll leave my DS be.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll