Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox 360 performance loss.
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 05:12
Hey guys! I was just wondering if it is possible to lose any performance from an Xbox 360? It doesn' t experience any slowdown or anything of the sort, but I am just worried that it might be having problems loading textures correctly. Is that even possible? Please someone let me know becuase I am going fucking paranoid over here. You know how it is with these things: If you think something' s wrong, you won' t stop seeing it even if there' s nothing there.

Thanks.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 05:33
What Game(s) are you having problems with?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 05:40
Sometimes for games like Oblivion and such you can clear the memory that' s allocated to it that causes slow down in loading times and such. To do so just hold the A button when a game is booting up and it will clear your cache. No game data will be lost.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 07:30
I had the same problem in Gears. I thought it was so odd, so illogical that I thought I was immagining things, perhaps going a little crasy.

Rampage, you wouldn' t happen to know if that little trick of yours work for Gears as well?

Also, this adds another line, to my list of things I do not like about the 360... GRRRR!

Seriously, I am starting to hate my machine, I think of it as perhaps the worst console in history... That I' ve owned. Microsoft best start releasing games I like, so I think it is worth keeping even though its shortcommings... Or... OR! Or I' m never buying a XBoX again! [:' (]
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 07:37
Gears suffers a texture load problem just as levels start. It' s a known " issue" but nothing can be done to avoid it. It' s not a problem with the game or the console though so don' t worry about it, ...it' s just that the game uses texture streaming and they wanted the load times to be as short as possible so you actually get into the game as the textures are loading. It' s always minor and never any longer than 2 or 3 seconds.

As for Oblivion, do as Rampage said. If it' s any other game it might be a problem, ...we' d have to know what the game was.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 07:39
With 360 any problem is possible, stick to PS3 IMO.
Dionysius

RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 07:43

It' s always minor and never any longer than 2 or 3 seconds.

Nah, mine can last up to 30 secs, I noted it getting longer after having played through it once and started replaying. That is why I worried.
Nitro

RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 08:13

ORIGINAL: Dionysius

It' s always minor and never any longer than 2 or 3 seconds.

Nah, mine can last up to 30 secs, I noted it getting longer after having played through it once and started replaying. That is why I worried.

What' s the manufacture date of your console? My last machine had problems with Gears after playing through and starting again on Hardcore...
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 08:16

What' s the manufacture date of your console? My last machine had problems with Gears after playing through and starting again on Hardcore...

pussy
Dionysius

RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 09:21

It' s one of the dreaded launch units.

Is it dying?! I fear it' s dying.

Well if it does come to an end, I hope it will be soon, before my guarentte expires. But there aren' t really any games I' m playing on it right now, so the chances of it breaking down are slim.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 10:28
the doctor prescribes some 360 play time!, Dr.silentbomber that is.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 31 Mar 07 2:29:34 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 10:36
Anyone else get major slowdown in cutscenes in Gears? That got me paranoid about my 360 dying, but it' s not dead...yet...
Nitro

RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 11:42
That' s just how the cutscenes are unfortunately.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 12:12

It' s one of the dreaded launch units.

Is it dying?! I fear it' s dying.

What you should do is buy a pelican fan for it, because they have a 5 year warranty and if your console overheats, they replace it for free, ... anyway, then rap it in plastic and turn it on and let it overheat... or you could put it in an oven
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 12:57

ORIGINAL: Evil Man
With 360 any problem is possible, stick to PS3 IMO.

I can' t wait until there are some games I want so I can get the $500 PS3 (I don' t give a fuck about wireless internet and lame-ass chrome trim. Well I might like the chrome trim if I were gay). I do want a PS3, but I have no use for it yet. I don' t care about FPS games so Resistance is out. I' d probably enjoy Motor Storm, but I' m not buying any console for one game.

Fortunately I don' t play my 360 enough for it to have any problems.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 31 Mar 07 4:58:06 >
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 13:03

I can' t wait until there are some games I want so I can get the $500 PS3 (I don' t give a fuck about wireless internet and lame-ass chrome trim. Well I might like the chrome trim if I were gay).

Americans love the chrome though. Just look at American motorcycles and cars. They are covered in it. Hell, even the butterfly knife I got down there was chrome(can' t buy em in Canada, but I got one on the side of the road in Montana, along with a crossbow, a sword and some fireworks).

Wireless internet is ideal for me because I live in an older home with very little cable connections and I don' t want to run ethernet cords everywhere(5 computers, and two ps3' s would mean way too much cord).
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 16:51
Well if I were a Harley motorcycle guy or an old muscle car guy then I' d probably love chrome trim. But I' m not one of those kinds of guys. Instead, I am awesome.
Nitro

RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Mar 31, 2007 22:48

ORIGINAL: Dagashi

hell, even the butterfly knife I got down there was chrome(can' t buy em in Canada, but I got one on the side of the road in Montana, along with a crossbow, a sword and some fireworks).

Ninja much?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Xbox 360 performance loss. - Apr 01, 2007 03:48
Montana rocks much, their legislation is too awesome. I' ve got to make a jaunt down to Ohio, to " watch fireworks that I' d never ever ever cart across state lines" . Iffin ya know what I' m sayin!

I' ve heard of slowdowns when the RAM gets ridiculously hot (which happens to be quite often).

I' ve got pictures of the 360' s ram clocking 117*F . The guy I saw put heatsinks on his RAM, problem solved, but I' m not sure that' s your route.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll