Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Cole Train Hints at Exact GOW2 Date
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Cole Train Hints at Exact GOW2 Date - Jun 02, 2008 04:29
Via Joystiq.

We' re usually pretty skeptical about rumored release dates as developers and publishers often keep that card close to their chests -- however, we can' t help but put our complete faith in a man with a name as awesome as Lester " Mighty Rasta" Speight. Yes, Mr. Rasta, who voiced Gears of War' s " Cole Train" , recently made an appearance at the TriForce panel at Wizard World to shoot the breeze about the company' s line of GoW-related replicas. When asked about the sequel' s release date, the TriForce crew remained tight lipped, though Rasta suggested asking him again on November 16.

DS and Wii Fanboy' s David Hinkle was at the panel to witness the football player-turned-actor' s Q+A session, and hopes to further press Mr. Rasta to discover the accuracy of his claims. Given that it falls in the game' s suggested November release window, we wouldn' t be surprised if Speight' s date was legit.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Cole Train Hints at Exact GOW2 Date - Jun 03, 2008 00:36
Sounds about right.

Head to head with Resistance 2 then
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Cole Train Hints at Exact GOW2 Date - Jun 03, 2008 00:49
Shocking, right?

I' m honestly wondering how well their hype-train is going to perform this time around. I mean, from what little they' ve brought to the table, what do they have to go on. Achievements they made back in 2006?

I would say Resistance 2 would level the playing field this time around, but looking at how poorly they' ve done at hyping their title, it' s going to take more than a handful of screenshots, and some subpar multiplayer footage to really pique my interest.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 2 Jun 08 16:49:58 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Cole Train Hints at Exact GOW2 Date - Jun 03, 2008 03:39
Resistance 2 will likely blow.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Cole Train Hints at Exact GOW2 Date - Jun 03, 2008 05:06
You think?

I' m torn. I can definitely see elements of all the complaints you had with the game back when you posted your review, but there are plenty of things that need to be taken into account.

It was their first work with the PS3.
It was a launch title.
It was their first go in the FPS genre since Disruptor, ten years prior.

It' s not exactly like Insomniac are a slapdash codehouse.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Cole Train Hints at Exact GOW2 Date - Jun 03, 2008 10:56
I think Gears 2 will use advertisements like crazy. I think it' ll have half a dozen different commercials(about like Halo 3). When Gears1 came out it only had 2 commercials which didn' t play too often.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll