Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 03, 2008 05:24
Oook...

It's a Wii port.

The most characters on screen I count, including Frank, is fifteen... that's fucking abysmal. The zombies are embarrassingly low resolution, the environments are blocky, and the lack of anti-aliasing really kills the overall visual appeal.

Now, with that being said, I will step down off my critical high-horse for a moment. The game will still have merit if the aiming system is impeccable, and they manage to incorporate the Wiimote, a step above-and-beyond the obvious usages, but only then.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Aug 04, 2008 15:59>
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 03, 2008 07:10
Ewwwww.....

...Not really related in the slightest bit, but why didn't then new update fix the "Zomg!! YOU CAN'T POST 2 MESSAGES WITHIN 15 MIN OF EACH OTHER!!!!1!!!"?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 03, 2008 17:10
If it controls well this will easilly be the best game on Wii.
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 03, 2008 19:04
Oh no, Dilemma. I am a big Dead Rising fan but I dont want to see a dumbed down version of it. But on the other hand, if Dumbeddown Rising for Wii sells well would certainly help Capcom make their mind up concerncing Dead Rising 2. Still, I can't understand why they are porting it to Wii. A PS3 or PC Port would make much more sense.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 03, 2008 19:17
I don't wanna see 360/PS3eque / ported games on the wii.

I wana see more dedicated titles that are made from ground up and could not possibly be replicated on any other system IE Pro evo 8..

I'ld much rather capcom upgrade this to the PC with super texture, 120fps and 1080P options ala DMC4 (which i'm currently playing through now and screams true next gen visuals)..

Oh eddie, it seems your critical of either typical 360/ps3 sytle titles like this and original directionson on wii IE your pointless Motion-plus rant (i still didnt get what you was banging on about, it's like you don't want to see wii  reach it's original promises / true potential?), so anything on the system will never impress you, no?
<message edited by Virtua fighter 5 on Aug 03, 2008 19:25>
Agent Ghost

Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 03, 2008 19:39

I'ld much rather capcom upgrade this to the PC with super texture, 120fps and 1080P options ala DMC4 (which i'm currently playing through now and screams true next gen visuals)..

DMC4 looks like shit compared to even an average PC game.

Edit: FUCK!  I meant DMC4
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Aug 04, 2008 00:24>
Virtua fighter 5

Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 03, 2008 21:17
dmc2?

Number 4 on PC  is easily one of the best looking games ive ever seen running on my set-up.

One Gorgeous looking game. especially in 1080p

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/devil_may_cry_4/screenshots.aspx?id=297644
<message edited by Virtua fighter 5 on Aug 03, 2008 21:20>
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 03, 2008 21:29
yeah, the complete lack of realistic lighting is stylistic and helps performance!!!!.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 04, 2008 00:29
Virtua fighter 5

dmc2?

Number 4 on PC  is easily one of the best looking games ive ever seen running on my set-up.

What is it with you and your PC... and 1080p???

I have the PC version too... and i'm playing it in 1920 x 1200. Are you using a 1080p TV as a monitor???
Agent Ghost

Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 04, 2008 00:39

So I take it that you don't play too many PC games then.  I have a 1920x1200 monitor and the textures are shit, especially obvious at a high resolution.  It looks like it was made with shader model 2.0.  The lighting techniques are at least 5 years behind.  Technologically the game is outdatted.  Not saying the game is bad, just not graphically impressive.  Artistically the game is great though.

Crysis
Bioshock
COD4
GRAW 1&2
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Age of Conan
Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Team Fortress 2
UT3

Those are games that have impressive graphics.

<message edited by Agent Ghost on Aug 04, 2008 04:40>
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 04, 2008 00:43
World in Conflict puts most PC games to shame. That and Crysis are just mindblowing.
Virtua fighter 5

Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 04, 2008 01:48
[id=tmppasteie1217809963469]
Nitro

Virtua fighter 5

dmc2?

What is it with you and your PC... and 1080p???

I have the PC version too... and i'm playing it in 1920 x 1200. Are you using a 1080p TV as a monitor???

1080 Projector and 46" HDTV and ocasionally on my 1920 X 1200 monitor which are sll intergrated with a hdmi-switch.

Agent Ghost

So I take it that you don't play too many PC games then.  I have a 1920x1200 monitor and the textures are shit, especially obvious at a high resolution.  It looks like it was made with shader model 2.0.  The lighting techniques are at least 5 years behind.  Technologically the game is outdatted.  Not saying the game is bad, just not graphically impressive.  Artistically the game is great though.

Crysis
Bioshock
COD4
GRAW 1&2
Raimbow 6 Vegas
Age of Conan
Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Team Fortress 2
UT3

Those are games that have impressive graphics.

I dissagree with most of them.

Crysis = The shit
Bioshock =  good
COD4 =  average
GRAW 1&2 = average
Raimbow 6 Vegas = average
Age of Conan = never played
Mass Effect =  great
Assasins Creed = good
Team Fortress 2 = good
UT3 = good

One thing i loved about DMC4 was it's lightening and shadows, smothness textures and artwork.. and in action it's easily one of the most gorgeously-silky looking PC titles out there IMO and has actually impressed some onlookers more than crysis..

My top three in no particular order, are:

FSX (with lastest patches)
Crysis
DMC4 

<message edited by Virtua fighter 5 on Aug 04, 2008 02:15>
Agent Ghost

Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 04, 2008 04:33

Crysis = The shit
Bioshock =  good
COD4 =  average
GRAW 1&2 = average
Raimbow 6 Vegas = average
Age of Conan = never played
Mass Effect =  great
Assasins Creed = good
Team Fortress 2 = good
UT3 = good

You're talking about graphics right?

One thing i loved about DMC4 was it's lightening and shadows

Is the lighting even realtime?

smothness textures

That's what you get when the textures have no depth. 

and has actually impressed some onlookers more than crysis..

Maybe they're blind

World in Conflict puts most PC games to shame.

Fucking eh!
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Aug 04, 2008 04:39>
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 04, 2008 05:16

Oh eddie, it seems your critical of either typical 360/ps3 sytle titleslike this and original directionson on wii IE yourpointless Motion-plus rant[

Wait wait wait... I'm going to stop you there.

Dead Rising is a video game.

Nintendo Motion-Plus is a video game accessory.

Apples and oranges unless you can elaborate, and if you do chose to elaborate, do it in your Motion-Plus thread. I'll continue that debate there.

Returning to Dead Rising. You're absolutely 100% correct. I am damn critical of this game, and for good reason.

Have you ever played Dead Rising VF? The reason I ask is quite simple. If you had, you would very clearly understand the legitimate complaints I'm making about the title.

Dead Rising was released over the summer, two years ago. We can assume that the game, from alpha stages is roughly three years old, and it still looks sick. It has a large amount of enemies on screen, boasts some nice looking zombies, and gorgeous environments, even by today's standards.

Now look at the Wii port, being developed some three years after the original. The lack of anti-aliasing is very evident. The amount of enemies on screen, from the screenshots I saw (and believe me, to the best of my knowledge, I posted the most complex screens in the gallery) is unacceptable, and the zombies themselves look comically bad. There's the slim likelihood they released official screenshots with placeholder textures, but I highly doubt it.

Had the original been released on the Wii, and then ported to the 360, I would be giving it far less shit than I am now, but seriously... re-releasing a game two or three years after the fact, and making it look marginally worse?

If Epic announced tomorrow that they were re-releasing Gears of War on the Playstation 2, I would give them the same shit I'm giving Capcom, because quite frankly, the generational hardware gap is next to the same (shy about 56Mb of RAM).

My next talking point. The entire game revolves around an escape from a shopping mall packed with zombies. Not lightly dusted with zombies. Not slightly infected with the walking dead. Not smattered with non-sentient necrocorporeals... 

packed. with. zombies.

That's what makes the game exciting. That's what makes the game playable.That's what makes the game fun, and when you cut the number of  NPCs flocking towards you by half, or by four, the suspense is simply gone. Imagine if dawn of the dead had been filmed with six zombie extras... not scary.

You're trying to marginalize the legitimate flaws I'm pointing out in the game by trying to redirect my spleen to fit the console-rage stereotype you want me to fit into.

(i still didnt get what you was banging onabout, it's like you don't want to see wii  reach it's originalpromises / true potential?),

I want to see all three consoles do just fine, but what I won't do is act like I need to fully endorse every single one of of a console developer's endeavors. That's thick, quite frankly.

If you can't see a set of legitimate pros and cons to every idea presented by one of the big three, I have no reason to discuss the industry with you, because we don't have common ground to work from.

so anything on the system will never impress you, no?

Twilight Princess was great.
Metroid Corruption is still the shining example of a FPS on the Wii.
Trauma Center is lots of fun.
RE4 Wii was pretty solid.
Okami was awesome.
Raving Rabbids is silly, and pointless, but I still enjoy it.
Mario Galaxy is the best platformer this generation.

Convinced?
mastachefbkw

Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 04, 2008 06:13

Convinced?
Don't bother, Eddie. Every time someone argues with VF, God/Allah/Adam takes away another brain cell.
Agent Ghost

Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 04, 2008 06:47
Just one?  We have like 50 billion brain cells.  I wonder how many die a second just by sleeping. 
mastachefbkw

Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 04, 2008 07:01

Just one?  We have like 50 billion brain cells.
VF starts like 50 billion arguments per day, so it all balances out.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 04, 2008 15:13

Just one?  We have like 50 billion brain cells.  I wonder how many die a second just by sleeping.

You've got to wonder what the shelf-life is on a brain cell, and whatthe hell happens when they die? Do they just get assimilated back intothe body and released as waste, or when they go to implant mysubdermal, are they going to find heaping mounds of brain-dandruff?
Agent Ghost

Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 04, 2008 22:14
I know that in cases of extreme alcoholism when you damage enough of your brain gaps are formed where your brain used to be.  There gaps are filled with fluid.  I was reading a science journal, and the surprising thing is that if the individual quits drinking their brain cells regenerate and actually begin to replace what has been lost.  Which is contrary to previous thought.  We used to think once a brain cell is lost, permanent brain damage.  

I don't know the life span of a single cell but cells are always replacing themselves.  The old age is when our cells do not regenerate as faste as they die.  I think we spend most if not all of our life with a deficit, which increases at a steaper curve with time. 
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Dead Rising: Chop 'Till You Drop - Aug 05, 2008 03:43
From shitty ports to the effects of alcoholism on the brain: Only on Kikizo.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message