Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The New AvP 2 preview...
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
The New AvP 2 preview... - Aug 26, 2007 07:29
is out. Just to warn you that it is an R rated trailer.

Here' s the crappy you tube showing: http://avp2trailer.com/AVP2_trailers

Flash showing: http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=304&item=0

Official Site: http://www.avp-r.com/

This trailer pretty much shows us that this is going to be hardcore. THIS IS HOW THE FIRST MOVIE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE!!! Thank you directors and story writers for getting it right the 2nd time around!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Aug 26, 2007 19:54
Meh...[:' (]
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Aug 27, 2007 00:57
I like the Aliens franchise but they butchered the first Aliens VS. Predator movie. I hope this one doesn' t suck but somehow I doubt it.
bhatchell

• Total Posts : 10
RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Sep 10, 2007 09:23
Hey I' ve watched this trailer already and it looks like it will rock. This trailer looks like it will be a whole lot better than the last AVP.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Sep 10, 2007 11:25
The AVP book was better than the movie. At the end of book, the predators took the woman with them on their ship and train her to be a warrior.
Agent Ghost

RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Sep 10, 2007 11:54
I liked that book too, to me the books are the real mythology.
kombatfighter

RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Sep 11, 2007 11:47
the video games were great too. The first one was ok but the 2nd was just really great! The storyboard and becoming a Marine, Alien and my fav Predator was awesome. The different weapons were somewhat unique too. I remember when AvP2 got voted for best multiplayer.
kombatfighter

RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Sep 15, 2007 10:55
The recent interview from MTV:

SANTA MONICA, California — You might not think " Alien vs. Predator" fans have much in common with Paul McCartney, but these days, both are singing the same tune:

" I' ve got to admit it' s getting better, a little better all the time — it can' t get no worse."

Type the words " Alien" and " Predator" into Google, and three thoughts on the state of the franchise become clear: The fans consider 2004' s " AVP: Alien vs. Predator" to be a mockery of all they hold dear; they maintain hope that some filmmaker, someday, will capture the magic of the comics, novels and video games that established the brand; and finally, that the new red-band trailer for December 25' s " Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem" kicks some serious ass.

" The studio knew that, although the last movie made a lot of money, it didn' t really resonate solidly with the fans," admitted Greg Strause, one-half of the filmmaking duo billed as the Brothers Strause. " To get the same people back into the theater a second time, it was gonna be a bit of an uphill battle."

" We really have to prove to the fans," added his brother Colin, " that this movie' s gonna be very different from the last one."

On August 24, the first-time filmmakers renowned for highly regarded music videos (Red Hot Chili Peppers' " Californication" ) and movie effects (" Titanic," " 300" ) launched their initial attack. " Hence, the red-band trailer comin' out," grinned Greg, leaving the edit bay to grab a quick hamburger with his brother.

The duo recently spent a weekend sneaking into theaters and watching the blood-drenched, adults-only clip play in front of shrieking fans — assuring them that they' re on the right track with their sequel.

" We wanted to [go R-rated] with it," added Colin, who not only wears the same sunglasses as his 1-year-older brother, but even orders his burger the same way. " I mean, we chest-burst a little kid!"

" Yeah, he dies," Greg confirmed of the ill-fated child. " Onscreen, and very painfully. It' s pretty f---ed up, but breaking some of the rules is a good thing here."

Given the go-ahead to make their hard-R flick, the Brothers Strause are steering clear of the PG-13 traps that rendered their predecessor so despised that an " AVP" podcast recently declared, " The only thing [director] Paul [W.S.] Anderson did correctly was bring people closer together in their community hatred of him."

" I don' t think anyone wanted us to talk to him," Colin laughed, confirming that they haven' t met with Anderson. " This movie works even if you didn' t see [Anderson' s]."

With that, the duo gave us an exclusive peek at several minutes of intense footage, as well as a breakdown of their franchise renovations.

Say Hello To The Predalien: After bursting from a Predator' s chest at the end of the first flick, " Requiem" picks up with an Alien/Predator hybrid slaughtering several Predators. " The Predalien wreaks havoc and causes a different Predator ship — it' s actually a Predator scout ship in this case — to crash on Earth," Greg explained. " You see a bunch of Predators get whacked at the beginning."

The Big Bad Wolf: " Basically you' re following this one Predator — the star of this movie," Greg said of the hunter in pursuit. Added Colin, " We call him the Wolf internally because basically he' s Harvey Keitel from ' Pulp Fiction.' He' s the cleaner. He shows up and he' s not there for the trophies. ... If anybody gets in his way, he' ll just cut ' em in half."

Cleaning Supplies: " At [an early] point in the movie, [the Wolf] takes a gun off of a dead Predator, and so he has double shoulder cannons," Colin explained. " There' s also a cleaner case where he stores all his new weapons. It has an implosion bomb that he uses for imploding the crash ship to basically get rid of it. ... That' s a new type of bomb he has."

Death To The Working Class: Avoiding the billionaires and adventurers of the first flick, the soon-to-be battlefield of Gunnison, Colorado, is populated with working-class characters similar to the early " Alien" films. " You' ve got a small-town sheriff [John Ortiz, ' Miami Vice' ] who everyone doubts a little bit," Colin explained. " We' ve got a brother story between Steven Pasquale [' Rescue Me' ] and Johnny Lewis [' The O.C.' ] ... There' s also a mom [Reiko Aylesworth, ' Mr. Brooks' ] returning from the war and trying to get reunited with her family and re-establishing her relationship with her daughter." Added Greg, " She gets very Ripley-esque; she' s a tough chick."

Whip It Good: One of the " Wow!" moments in the trailer comes when the Wolf quite literally whips out his new weapon. " [When weapons were being designed,] there was this one picture of a Predator with a bullwhip," Greg recalled. " We were like, ' Sh--, this has to be in the movie! This is the coolest thing I' ve ever seen!' The concept is that maybe it' s been made out of pieces of an Alien tail, so it has these serrated edges. ... If this whip tightens around you, it functions like a chainsaw blade and cuts you in half."

Predator, Heal Thyself: " The med kit' s also back because he gets kinda f---ed up in one part," Greg said of a for-the-fans déjà vu moment with the Predator. " You get to see him do the whole med-kit scene where he' s healing himself, which we didn' t have in the last movie."

She' s Got The Look: " The Predalien wants to hunt and reproduce," explained Colin, confirming that while there won' t be an Alien queen in the new flick, the Predalien serves essentially the same purpose. " She' s got a big queen head." Added Greg: " The main concept is that a Predalien should still be primarily Alien [with] very strong Alien features but with Predator mandibles and Predator dreadlocks. It walks a little more upright than a normal Alien does, but it also has the tail. It uses that tail quite a bit, and it' s got a much bigger tail than a normal Alien." The brothers confirmed that the Predalien won' t use Predator weaponry.

About Face: " We' ve also completely redesigned the Predator' s face," Greg said of what the Wolf will look like when he takes off his mask. " This Predator has some Alien acid-blood scarring on his face." Added Colin, " One of his mandibles has been melted off, which is a throwback to the one Predator called Broken Tusk in the comics. ... A whole side of his face looks like Freddy Krueger. You can tell this guy' s been through a million battles. ... His mandible design is very much like ' Predator 2' ; he has multiple fangs on each mandible. ... We added a lot of these extra horns on the crown of his head as well."

The Voice Of Aliens Past: " One of the cool things is we got Fox to go back and digitally remaster the original recordings of the Aliens from ' Aliens,' " beamed Greg. " All of [James] Cameron' s sound elements have been digitally remastered — the shrieks, the computer sounds — because we wanna tie it into ' Aliens.' ... The Alien design is also a throwback to Cameron' s version. It' s different, but it' s inspired by the warrior Alien."

Save It For A Rainy Day: " The whole final battle between the Predator and the Predalien is pretty damn cool," Greg said. " [' Requiem' ] is like two different films. The first half of the movie is one tone, and the second half is when the rain' s coming down ... [and] it kicks into higher gear and has more of an action thread."

Leave Your Foam Finger At Home: " We got rid of all the armor on the Predators because those guys [in ' AVP' ] literally looked like football players," explained Greg. " We were like, ' The Predator in the first two movies didn' t need armor!' "

After their meal, the Brothers Strause went back to the edit bay to screen two scenes: one in a morgue that ends with the Predator dissolving an Alien' s face with liquid from a blue-lit container, and another with the civilians stocking up at a gun store and listening on a radio while the National Guard are taken apart by Aliens.

" I' d like to do another one but I' d like to do it in space. The next one either has to be more of the bridge after this and before ' Alien,' or you could do something after ' Aliens,' " Greg said, getting back to work. " We have a pretty finite ending to this, but we have a cliffhanger per se; it' s a setup."

Check out everything we' ve got on " Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem."
kombatfighter

RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Oct 02, 2007 12:05
Here' s the 2nd trailer..

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/109299.aspx

It gives you more of a backstory. However personally I say less backstory, more of the blood, guts and glory!
kombatfighter

RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Dec 12, 2007 11:07
For all you people that may hate on this movie, here' s the first 5 mins of it.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/a/Aliens-Vs-Predator-Requiem/index-3687454.aspx
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Dec 12, 2007 17:45
Y' know what, ...i take it back. This film actually looks like it could be pretty good.

Agent Ghost

RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Dec 13, 2007 05:25
Yeah if they do the source material justice the movie will kickass. I want a new PC AVP shooter too.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Dec 13, 2007 05:58
I' m really excited for it. I hated AVP with a passion but the new trailer has gotten me pumped for the sequel. I might check it out Christmas day if I get bored in the afternoon.
kombatfighter

RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Dec 23, 2007 10:37
Here' s a very informative interview. Somewhat borderline to revealing spoilers.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=4065
< Message edited by kombatfighter -- 23 Dec 07 2:37:35 >
kombatfighter

RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Dec 28, 2007 05:14
So I went and saw this mug on Christmas Day and I was very pleased with the movie. It stayed very true to the series and comics. I' m hoping that they do make a sequel to this one.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Dec 29, 2007 14:35
I saw it the other day. I' m glad I didnt waste my time on Christmas to go see it. To me it was even more unbearable than the first one. I could stand to watch the first one multiple times, but this one I dont think I' ll be watching again. It basically picks up where the last one left off. The only thing I actually like about this movie over the last is that the Predator in the one is much more badass than the ones in the first movie. And the only thing worse than the movie at the theater was the random guy watching the movie by himself eating nachos with his mouth open making disgusting noises and talking to himself make comments such as " Uh Oh! Here he comes!" and " Go get em" and who doesnt love " He' s back!" [:' (]
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Dec 29, 2007 14:45
I thought it was a million times better than the first one. It wasn' t that great of a movie, but wasn' t too bad. If you' re a big fan of the Aliens or Predator series I think it is worth a view.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Dec 30, 2007 00:37
I' m as of yet undecided about this one. I had the chance to go see it this week, but I decided against it last minute & spent the day watching movies at my place. Eastern Promises pwns!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: The New AvP 2 preview... - Dec 30, 2007 09:03

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

I thought it was a million times better than the first one. It wasn' t that great of a movie, but wasn' t too bad. If you' re a big fan of the Aliens or Predator series I think it is worth a view.

Ditto.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message