Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTA4 What version will you get?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 29, 2008 14:09
To all you multiplatform owners such as myself, which GTA version will you be getting?

I was pretty split untill a sony rep reminded me that only the Xbox would get exclusive downloadable content.

In an exclusive interview to be published in the next few days on GameDaily BIZ, Scott Steinberg, VP of Product Marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment America, has commented on Microsoft' s exclusive episodic content for Rockstar' s much anticipated Grand Theft Auto IV.

The GTA franchise historically has always been associated with Sony' s PlayStation, but this time not only is the latest GTA not exclusive, but Sony failed to secure a deal for any exclusive episodic content on PS3. If you ask Steinberg, however, none of that ultimately matters to the average consumer.

" [Microsoft] spent the GNP of several small Latin American countries to get that [content], and if you' ve ever played San Andreas...there' s a lot of game to Grand Theft Auto and there' s going to be a lot of game to Grand Theft Auto IV to the point where I think most people will have that Grand Theft Auto experience on the PS3, day and date, same core game shipping on the 360. Perhaps they' ll be shipping some episodic content in the fall, but there is a whole lot of product shipping on the PS3 in April and I personally don' t think there' s going to be a huge percentage of folks who jump into downloadable content for another price when they' re still playing through the core product," he told us.

" So while I do think having that brand on their system was a move for them which they felt they needed to make because they cut a big check for it, I think PlayStation fans know the Grand Theft Auto experience on the PS2 is how they grew up playing Grand Theft Auto," he continued, " and when you combine GTA IV with MGS 4 and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, all the exclusive content that we' ve got going forward, I think that goes from tipping point to shoving point for consumers who are on the fence, wondering what platform should I buy. I think the clear exclusive message that we have is that the PS3 is where, not only do you get Grand Theft Auto, but you' ll get MGS, you' ll get Gran Turismo and these are also brands that have moved hardware units. It' s the elite of the elite products that actually enable hardware to be sold with software and we' ll have three of them."

Stay tuned for the full interview in which Steinberg talks about the impact of Blu-ray, the SKU strategy for the PS3, the Wii, controller complexity and more.

Link
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 29, 2008 14:20
I' m getting the Xbucket 360 version because I have the VGA cable. For whatever reason I just seem to trust it more than the HDMI cable of the " PStriple" .
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 29, 2008 18:10
Expansion+achivement.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 29, 2008 20:47
Couldn' t care less for the expansion pack or the pseudo-achievements. But I' ve only got an ex-box so it' ll have to be that one.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 29, 2008 21:57

ORIGINAL: choupolo

Couldn' t care less for the expansion pack or the pseudo-achievements. But I' ve only got an ex-box so it' ll have to be that one.

So more content means nothing to you .... good ...
< Message edited by 2pac -- 29 Mar 08 14:02:12 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 00:07
PS3 (as long as there are no stark technical differences). The DLC for the 360 version doesn' t bother me because i' ll be getting the PC version once it' s released.
Vx Chemical

RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 00:49

The DLC for the 360 version doesn' t bother me because i' ll be getting the PC version once it' s released.

MS payed shitloads, you cant be sure the pc well get it?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 01:06

MS payed shitloads, you cant be sure the pc well get it?

pssst microsoft pretty much owns the PC platform.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 03:05
Being exclusive doesnt count the PC. MS released Halo on the PC, so i dont think they will mind the extra content. It may even come preloaded on the disk if the release is far from consoles release (like always).

Edit to stay on topic:

I will get the PS3 version since i dont have a 360 and if the game rox and the extra content seem to be worth it ill get the PC one. But if it was a simultaneous release then that would be a hard choice lol.
< Message edited by GrayFox -- 29 Mar 08 19:07:28 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 03:18
My only option is 360.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 04:00
360 and PC.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 04:33

ORIGINAL: Nitro

PS3 (as long as there are no stark technical differences). The DLC for the 360 version doesn' t bother me because i' ll be getting the PC version once it' s released.

So why are you getting it for PS3? Is it because you don' t play any games on PS3 and want some kind of justification for having one? Are you some sort of freak that likes the PS3 controller better than the 360 controller? Please tell. I have a feeling it is going to play at a much smoother, more consistent frame rate on the 360.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 04:58
Sadly I don' t even know why I' m buying Grand Theft Auto 4 when I never even came close to completing part 3, Vice City, Liberty City Stories, and Vice City Stories. I played all of those games for about 45 minutes and then never touched them again. I mean I enjoyed what little of the games I got to experience but once I put them aside, I just completely forget about them and moved on to other games. I see the same exact thing happening with part 4 unfortunately.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 05:05

quote:

ORIGINAL: choupolo

So more content means nothing to you .... good ...

Its the Rockstar' s main game I' m after, I' m not interested in MS and Sony' s squabble over breadcrumbs.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 07:01
while pc version is theoretically an option I' ll be picking up the 360 one.
Vx Chemical

RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 07:18

. I mean I enjoyed what little of the games I got to experience but once I put them aside, I just completely forget about them and moved on to other games. I see the same exact thing happening with part 4 unfortunately.

Part 4 is story based, where the others are mostly mission based!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 08:07
I haven' t boughten any since GTA2. I might pick this one up though.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 10:17
PS3 or PC version depends on how they run
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 10:18

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

So why are you getting it for PS3? Is it because you don' t play any games on PS3 and want some kind of justification for having one? Are you some sort of freak that likes the PS3 controller better than the 360 controller? Please tell. I have a feeling it is going to play at a much smoother, more consistent frame rate on the 360.

I' m on my 5th 360. I' m avoiding buying games for the piece of shit hardware as much as possible. And it' s GTA... it' s not going to have a consistent framerate on either console.
Vx Chemical

RE: GTA4 What version will you get? - Mar 30, 2008 15:29

I' m on my 5th 360.

Wow lol!

I want to buy games for the PS3, but all multiplatform games are always inferior.

Lately

Condemned

and

Rainbow Six
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages