Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Activision drops several Vivendi games
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Activision drops several Vivendi games - Oct 18, 2008 00:25

Australia, July 29, 2008 - Activision today announced that it will be retaining a handful of Vivendi Games' franchises that are a "strong fit with its long-term strategy". The games that have been confirmed as being added to Activision's stable include the Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon and Ice Age franchises, as well as Prototype and "a second new IP that has not been announced as of yet."

The downside of this announcement is that other Vivendi Games (namely Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Brütal Legend, WET, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena and World in Conflict: Soviet Assault) are not being kept by Activision. "Activision will not publish other titles that were part of Vivendi Games' portfolio, and it is currently reviewing its options regarding these games" is all Activision would say on the matter when we talked to their Australian PR representative. However, a US spokesperson for Ghostbusters has gone on the record for the title, saying that "the game is not cancelled."

The news was even more grim for Vivendi Games Mobile and Sierra Online, which were described as "non-strategic business units".

Whether Ghostbusters, Brütal Legend and the rest of the discarded Vivendi games are sold off to new publishers or cancelled outright remains to be seen but it's likely to be a rocky future for these titles.

Linky

How rude!

The main game that I'm upset about is Chronicles of Riddick.  If that doesn't come out, somebody's gonna pay!  I would have also liked to take a look at the Ghostbusters game and Wet.  Hopefully someone will pick them up.

-edit-
Wow, I just noticed this is really old news!  Someone probably already mentioned this in a thread.  Either that, or nobody gives a shit.  Either way, sorry guys.

Still pissed about Riddick, though!
<message edited by Chee Saw on Oct 18, 2008 00:30>
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:Activision drops several Vivendi games - Oct 18, 2008 01:37
Yeah, we discussed the hell out of this earlier.  It was incredible.  Now, let us slumber in peace... 

Actually the most recent rumor that I've heard is that Atari is picking up Ghostbusters, and EA is considering Brutal Legend.  That pedophile-looking guy with EA, Ricitiello, described Brutal Legend as "creatively risky" and seemed dubious about it.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Activision drops several Vivendi games - Oct 18, 2008 02:56
Why would they drop Riddick? That seems like something that would sell like hotcakes if you ask me.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Activision drops several Vivendi games - Oct 18, 2008 19:28
Riddick would sell, but fuck that.

Brütal Legend better see the light of day.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Activision drops several Vivendi games - Oct 19, 2008 10:13
Eddie_the_Hated

Riddick would sell, but fuck that.

Brütal Legend better see the light of day.

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Activision drops several Vivendi games - Oct 19, 2008 17:53
Damn. 50 Cent was my most wanted game too.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll