Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2"
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 42
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 13, 2008 06:41
Now, mind you, this response is in the same bag as "rumor and speculation" blanket statements.

But the industry can't keep the cat in the bag for anything in today's day and age, and if they really were working on something, even something mistaken for the PSP2, we would have heard about it.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 13, 2008 14:14
I might be alone in admitting this, but I haven't bought a handheld since the gamegear - what's the appeal again?

Back in the day the best games were on handhelds and arcades, we didn't start getting Nintendo and Sega consoles until later.  Now that big screen tellies and modern consoles are accessible for most, arcades and handhelds seem to be redundant imo.

Theres still the nostalgia factor, but what's the point of playing on a clunky handheld with a tiny screen?  Unless you're travelling long distances by plane or train, but I hardly do that these days and when I do I mostly just listen to music.

It's like gaming on your phone.  Who does that unless they are truly bored at a bus stop with nothing else to do?

I only brought this up because I was trying to imagine what I would want in a PSP2 if they brought one out.  Would it be marketed as a shrunken PS3? 
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 13, 2008 16:58
Well, the PSP has far from a small screen, and if you travel quite frequently (like some of us here), or if you're rarely home, with a lot of time to devote to gaming (like me), a handheld is a good substitute.

I used to have my PSP on me at all times, but as of late, I've been sticking to my iPod Touch. It doesn't seem like it's worth too much, but I've got a handful of movies, a couple gigs of music, WiFi access and a decent spread of casual games. It's funny too, because for being a multimedia device, it handles games at least as well as a PSP, and about on par with a DS. I picked up Brothers in Arms via the app store the other day, and surprisingly, it's a pretty slick little 3rd person shooter.
choupolo

Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 13, 2008 17:13
The PSP screen is quite slick - I remember when I first saw Riiidge Racer on it, and thought it looked incredibly clear and smooth.

I suppose I don't really appreciate the bonuses of handhelds since I dont travel so much anymore.  I drive a lot, but I guess gaming and driving is illegal as is just about everything else in the UK apart from driving and driving, which is soon to be banned too, relegating everyone to public transport. 

Imagining myself as a traveller, I suppose connectivity would be the biggest allure for a potential PSP2.  The UK is woefully behind the times in WiFi coverage though.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 14, 2008 02:06
Handhelds have reverted back to just being children's toys.  I rather pull out my 13" laptop and do work and shit on the internet than pull out a psp/ds in public and look like a retard.  Or getting on the internet through my iphone, etc.

Iphone/laptops > handhelds

Netbooks are also becoming very popular and are a major strategy for most hardware manufacturers, they are also cheap as hell, it wont be long before everyone has one.
<message edited by emofag on Dec 14, 2008 02:28>
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 14, 2008 04:37

Netbooks are also becoming very popular and are a major strategy for most hardware manufacturers, they are also cheap as hell, it wont be long before everyone has one.

Yes but they will never have dedicated games though, and even if they did, they're still not as portable as a handheld.  They are kinda neat for a gamer if you were to install some emulators on them.  Although I'd rather pay 700$ for a decent laptop than 400$ for a netbook. 
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Dec 14, 2008 04:40>
emofag

Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 14, 2008 06:21
I am not implying the laptops/netbooks are for gaming.  I am saying people (who have a life) would rather do work or get on the internet than play videogames in public and look like retard virgins who can't spend 5 minutes away from home without playing a videogame.  Get a life, you need fucking help if you're so fucking obsessed with videogames you have to take them everywhere you go.  I never really play my handhelds outside of home, I have a life, I have shit to do, etc.  Get a job, etc.
<message edited by emofag on Dec 14, 2008 06:29>
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 14, 2008 12:35
Bu-bu-bu-but I like videogames, and uh... I'm not self conscious about what crack addled passerby on the street think of my hobbies.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 14, 2008 14:42
I have to agree with emo, portable games are for kids now. Why would I want to play watered down versions of console games or games I played 10 years ago while Im out? If Im not at home it most likely means I have something more important to do other than stand around and play games.
choupolo

Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 14, 2008 15:08
I suppose its not just about gaming on the go either - some games on handhelds just weren't on the consoles.

I know Majik goes on about Dark Ressurection (was this on PS3 too?) but what were the other games on the PSP that were must have on top of console titles?  

My impression is that the DS had more developer support and hence more unique games that weren't on consoles, was that true?
Bababoo

• Total Posts : 62
Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 14, 2008 16:25
Yes Edddie there's no PSP 2 coming, thanks for the heads up.
Hmm, i was previously thinking they were gonna anounce it today.
Hey look i gots some info too no Wii 2 coming yet, discuss.

immortaldanmx

Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 14, 2008 21:54
Bababoo

Yes Edddie there's no PSP 2 coming, thanks for the heads up.
Hmm, i was previously thinking they were gonna anounce it today.
Hey look i gots some info too no Wii 2 coming yet, discuss.

Why did you come back, silly faggot? There are no cocks here for you, leave.
<message edited by immortaldanmx on Dec 15, 2008 00:14>
Agent Ghost

Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 14, 2008 23:18

Why did you come back, silly faggot? There are no cocks here, leave.

I have a cock.
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 14, 2008 23:21
Agent Ghost

I have a cock.

XD
immortaldanmx

Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 15, 2008 00:13
Agent Ghost

I have a cock.

But youre not going to let him have YOUR cock, are you? Anyway, I fixed what I was trying to say.

His last brief stay here proved him to be illiterate, brought the homo buttfreak with him, and now he shows up to be a smart ass to Eddie. Not a single person on Kikizo (who matters) has a problem with Eddie, in fact, hes 1 of the most liked members.

I take issue when a new guy shows up and desides he's going to be an ass to a well established member who contributes many hand's-on impressions, tech advice, and many good talking points. All in an articulate and thought out manner.
<message edited by immortaldanmx on Dec 15, 2008 00:14>
Agent Ghost

Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 15, 2008 00:37

But youre not going to let him have YOUR cock, are you?

I don't know.  Maybe if he wears a dress and asks nicely. 

Bababoo, what's your stance on high heels?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 15, 2008 02:53

I don't know.  Maybe if he wears a dress and asks nicely. 

Bababoo, what's your stance on high heels?
...and perhaps some fishnets....
emofag

Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 15, 2008 03:33
Eddie_the_Hated

Bu-bu-bu-but I like videogames, and uh... I'm not self conscious about what crack addled passerby on the street think of my hobbies.

You'll understand when you are older.
emofag

Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 15, 2008 03:41
immortaldanmx

I have something more important to do other than stand around and play games.

Exactly.

They are for kiddies who have to ride 1 hour in a school bus every day and have nothing to do during lunch or after school when they are standing around waiting for their parents to pick them up.

As an adult if you aren't a total fuck up you'll have your own vehicle and not be in busses or trains sitting next to homeless people that make your skin itch while you play your DS.  If you travel in airplanes alot then you are probably a business person and have much more important things on your mind, thus you use a laptop to do your work.

Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Sony Has "No Plans For a PSP2" - Dec 15, 2008 22:38
Who rides a bus for an hour to get to school?

We didn't all grow up in a mansion in rustic Appalachia. How many eunuchs did you hire to pull your sledge in the wintertime?

But I digress. You don't have an iPhone, or a PDA of similar ilk Emo? Surely even if you have a microportable, it's still not pocket sized. I've pretty much replaced my PSP with my iTouch and cell, and they serve the purpose.

As for Bab...um...babawha....whomever the hell you are, feel free to start posting constructive threads of your own. I'm not one to pick on somebody over the internet ...Well, that, and I promised my mum I wouldn't make fun of the handicapped.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 42

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message