Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I've never been too sure what qualifies as irony, but check this out
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
I've never been too sure what qualifies as irony, but check this out - May 23, 2009 03:33
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:I've never been too sure what qualifies as irony, but check this out - May 24, 2009 17:20
I don't have to agree with it, but they're a private college funded with private cash, that adheres to a strict set of moral principals.

If you're a college, primarily founded on Christian values, a party that doesn't represent traditional Christian values isn't going to be favored.

Now, granted, the whole ordeal seems kind of silly, like you're sheltering college-age men & women (and I say that, because they're not kids), but if they don't like it, they're welcome to transfer to another private school that supports their political affiliation, or a publicly funded school.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:I've never been too sure what qualifies as irony, but check this out - May 24, 2009 19:51
Im with Eddie on this one. I dont agree, but it's their right as a privately owned college.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
Re:I've never been too sure what qualifies as irony, but check this out - May 25, 2009 09:58
Oh yeah, they're absolutely within their rights. Still, what kind of education can a person get if different views are outright banned?  These people aren't being educated, they're being programmed.

Then again the type of person who would actually want to attend this school probably isn't too open to hearing opposing voices anyway.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:I've never been too sure what qualifies as irony, but check this out - May 25, 2009 18:39

Oh yeah, they're absolutely within their rights. Still, what kind of education can a person get if different views are outright banned?  These people aren't being educated, they're being programmed.
How exactly does this affect their education in any manor? This affects their political beliefs, so unless they're taking politics for a class I fail to see how this affects their education.

Also, to those thinking this college is some sort of hardcore, beat-your-face-in-the-name-of-Jesus-for-not-being-Christian type of school, you're pretty far off. I've been to the school a few times to visit my aunt when she was still attending. You walk in the dorms and see people wasted out of their mind and puking all over some random chick they just hooked up with, Crushed pills on the tables, etc. If anything, liberty is a party school.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:I've never been too sure what qualifies as irony, but check this out - May 25, 2009 18:47
Its where the kids with over-bearing christian parents go to party.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll