Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Extraction Point demo...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Extraction Point demo... - Oct 10, 2007 17:07
...up on XBL.

Has anybody tried it yet? If so, is it better than the original game in any way?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Extraction Point demo... - Oct 10, 2007 17:31
Its felt exactly the same to me. But I wasnt much a fan of the original one so I dont think much of it anyhow. I wish theyd put a bit more spook factor into it and I wish theyd do a bit better job of it. So many times I had ideas on where best to scare the fuck outta someone and totally mind fuck a person. What was there was just to obvious. And the effects and visual look just dont look at all appealing anymore...then again I didnt like how the original looked either. Give me my Condemned 2 dammit! I havent had a look at the unofficial sequal to FEAR yet, hows that going?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Extraction Point demo... - Oct 10, 2007 17:33
Havent tried the demo, but some bits of the full expansion had some excellent atmosphere, whilst others felt like a dodgy user mod.

Overall it was more of the same, maybe slightly less polished.

Did you actually like the original on 360 nitro?
Nitro

RE: Extraction Point demo... - Oct 10, 2007 17:58

ORIGINAL: choupolo

Did you actually like the original on 360 nitro?

No. I got it, played the first level and then gave it away. But then i didn' t like the original PC version that much either. I never got around to trying the PC version of Extraction Point though and i wondered whether they improved aything over the original.

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Extraction Point demo... - Oct 10, 2007 18:27
I think Project Origin is what you have to look for if you want more F.E.A.R i hope the fix the bland level design some. I loved the atmosphere though, id rather monolith did something else though, like NOLF 3
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Extraction Point demo... - Oct 10, 2007 18:37

No. I got it, played the first level and then gave it away. But then i didn' t like the original PC version that much either. I never got around to trying the PC version of Extraction Point though and i wondered whether they improved aything over the original.

Nah, you pretty much have to have liked the original FEAR a lot to like Extraction Point.

What didnt you like about it btw? The first level wasn' t a great intro to the game actually...
Nitro

RE: Extraction Point demo... - Oct 10, 2007 19:32

ORIGINAL: choupolo

What didnt you like about it btw? The first level wasn' t a great intro to the game actually...

I guess that after Half Life 2, Doom 3 and Riddick it just looked and felt dated. I couldn' t get into the slow-mo in first person and i didn' t find the AI to be all it was cracked up to be.

I got the 360 version free and it not only looked and ran like shit but it didn' t seem improved over the PC version in any way. I guess it' s just not my kind of game.

Condemned on the otherhand was brilliant.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Extraction Point demo... - Oct 10, 2007 22:11
I felt the other way around,condemned felt outdated to me,but mayby thats because I finished FEAR,and FEAR felt in the midway-end like condmned with its spooky shit.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll