Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 E3 is closing in! What are your predictions?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - Apr 23, 2003 21:20
Well with the biggest gaming event in the world coming up in a couple weeks what are everyone' s predictions? Here ae a few of mine...

-Halo2 will be insane and be MS' s biggest show.
-Sony will be packing some heat with some more Final Fantasy games. I have a feeling a new one will be announced.
-I have a feeling there will be a sequal to Splinter Cell announced.
-Nintendo will have something hidden up there sleave, I' m just no sure what yet.
-Sega will be shoving Sonic down everyone' s throat like there is no tomorrow. I' m guessing Sega will realease Sonic on all platforms or discuss a buy out/merger with a company which will give Sonic one deffinant home.
-Sony will have a huge show stopper that will overpower possibly every other console.
-The so called Phantom will be shown and get laughed at.
-Half Life 2 will be shown on the Xbox and PC and will be a huge DoomIII rival.
-DoomIII will be playable.
-MS will actually get a decent turned based RPG... hopefully, maybe, please... I' m on my knees here Mr. Gates!
-Xbox Live will have even more going for it, and all tnew things will be announced for it. They will also probably release the monthly fee amount.

That' s all I can think of for now. I' ll let you know if I think of anything else.
Eman1080

• Total Posts : 77
RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - Apr 24, 2003 02:41
A couple of my predictions are:

-Sony will announce or say something about the US HD, if it' s coming or if it' s not.
-The Phantom console WILL NOT be shown at e3, not even a thought about it.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - Apr 24, 2003 04:03
To be honest... suck, and lots of it.
Toast

• Total Posts : 134
RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - Apr 24, 2003 11:59
Well I' m expecting Nintendo to have a good show, BH and the Giant Egg amongst others should impress.

Though rivals will also have a lot on display I' m expecting much of it to still be deep in development.
Eman1080

• Total Posts : 77
RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - Apr 24, 2003 15:38
This imo will be a very interesting e3, the console battles are changing alot, beleive it or not Microsoft vs. Sony is very intense the way I see it. If the xbox never came out the PS2 would still be at 299 and the Gamecube at 199. Both the Gamecube' s price and Xbox' s dopped very early in their lifespan, within the first year, i forget about when it dropped, correct me if I' m wrong.
Rampage99

RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - Apr 24, 2003 20:02
Any body think MS will release a mini version of the Xbox? It has been rumored but MS' s official word so far is they have no plans for it.
NegativeFX

• Total Posts : 3
RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - Apr 26, 2003 14:42
Like every electronics expo, this year will surely out-do the previous E-3 without much of a fight. With Xbox' s new line-up, Playstation 2' s new line-up, and Gamecube. Well, let' s just say that I' m very glad to attend this years E-3.

One game that I truly want to try-out is Counter-Strike. Sure, it' s an old ancient made by Mihn Le who manipulated the Half-life game. But just having the ability to talk to friends, or experts on this game will surely be a sight of sore-eyes.

Another game that I really want to see badly is a game called Advent. So far, it' s made by a new development team who promises to develope (Glyphx) a packaged punch-- with the help of Orson Scott Card.

To find out what Advent is, be sure to pick up your newest copy of Game Informer at Gamestop.

Onimusha 3 seems promising.
And Maximo vs The Army of Zin will surely be some of the top games I' ll lust at in the upcoming E3.

Remember, those who want to go to, please go to E3expo.com
Rampage99

RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - Apr 26, 2003 15:20
Isnt advent that game coming out on the PC and Xbox? I think I saw it in one of my friends magazines. It looked pretty freakin sweet!
Rampage99

RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - Apr 26, 2003 15:22
By the way, not everyone is allowed into E3. You can' t just walk in. It is closed off to the public, only people in the industry and people working for websties and magazines, etc. will be allowed in after gaining a pass. So what company/game site are going with to the show?
NegativeFX

RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - Apr 26, 2003 15:27
Yes, Advent is making it' s debut on the personal computer and the Microsoft Xbox.

But gamers won' t really see this game' s potiential until three years from now. The developer team gave some speculation that it' ll be available during 2004 (sometime). However, knowing how difficult it is to make games on a tight deadline is bad news for the company.

I only hope that the makers of Advent will actually consider taking as much time as needed. After-all, they only have one chance to make this game fantastic for the gaming public to enjoy.

< Message edited by NegativeFX -- 4/26/2003 3:29:50 PM >
NegativeFX

RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - Apr 26, 2003 23:58
Of course not everyone is allowed in the Electronic Expo.

I forgot to clarify that only people that edit for magazine sources could enter, or game developers.

But what I forgot to mention is that I work at the Los Angeles convention center as security.

I usually check if people have valid tickets during Laker games.
Luckily, I' ve been accepted to see the wonderful sights and sounds of this year' s E3.

Besides, the Staple center isn' t far from my house here in East Los Angeles.
So with that said, I should thank my lucky stars.

Sleepy Pig

• Total Posts : 12
RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - Apr 27, 2003 03:54
pitty Halo 2 has been delayed till next year, thats what I was looking forward to. But I am hoping for some good stuff from Sega.
Rampage99

RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - Apr 30, 2003 00:17
Halo2 never got delayed! It annoys me when people say that. Christmas 2003 was an estimate set by websites and magazines. Bungie never gave an offical word. First quarter 2004 ifs the only official thing they have stated about the games release.

Anyway, it looks like my prediction is right for Sonic. He is going multiplatform. Yay!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - Apr 30, 2003 17:23
IF Gradius V is shown at E3 then I ALREADY Know what MY game of the show will be! Nothing else will matter much if Gradius V is there in any video form.

I' m also looking to check out the the Sega games there except for sports.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - May 01, 2003 13:10
-Xbox Live will have a big presence
-New Grandia game announced, a true sequel this time.
-Gran Turismo 4 will have a big showing for Sony.
-Halo 2 will astound
-Doom 3...' nuff said...
-Something new from Square
-Advent has a big showing as well...game looks great
-A new DOA game using the same fighting engine...
-A new Resident Evil game that hopefully continues the story, not goes back 20 years when Chris and Jill have to work together to take out zombies who want candy at Halloween...

Those are my surefire picks, I have a lot of wishful thinking ones to but I' ll just keep them to myself.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - May 01, 2003 19:38
*E3 PREDICTION*

Adam Doree gets drunk and beats Ken Kutaragi within an inch of his life!!! YEAH!! WHOOOO!~~
Baldur

• Total Posts : 8
RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - May 03, 2003 23:57
Just the big three in a row:

Nintendo: Will announce some titles wich use the modem, cuz they haven' t done shit about it so far and offcourse the new MARIO

Sony: Makes some statement about GTA4 to look good, they will holdbakc in FF information cuz they don' t want to show off to much with games europian people have to wait for ages. (forgive my grammar, I' m dutch)

MS: flight simulater 2004 (yeehaa (J/K)), more live games and a little rolling demo for PROJECT EGO (F*ck Fable).

The publishers: (this part is less serious, you may find the J/K)

EA: just the usual sequels
Blizzard: warcraft 4 (no release date)
Bungie: HALO for PC and halo 2 for x-box with a new alien
SEGA: will anounce alot snes/megadrive--> GBA ports and another great ARCADE game (dunno what sort of game)

Some games with various developers: (complete B/S don' t read if you don' t want to know the mind of somebody who' s awake at 1.55 A.M.)
Erotica island 2!!!!!
The elder scrolls IV (more fog!!!!)
Splinter cell for GBA (I feel embarecced with my x-box exclusive)
Rampage99

RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - May 04, 2003 03:42
I' m 100% ure Blizzard will not announce WC4.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 5/4/2003 4:05:31 PM >
Baldur

• Total Posts : 8
RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - May 04, 2003 14:57
Maybe they will anounce it for MAC :)
Rampage99

RE: E3 is closing in! What are your predictions? - May 04, 2003 16:10
Uhh... no. My guess is that they will heavily focus on SC: Ghost. This will deffinately be a big thing for them- first console title/first third person shooter title. It is a new direction for Blizzard. They' ll want to make it successful. They will also be showing off WC3: Frozen Thrown. If they do release anything new, my guess would be a new Diablo title. But I even doubt that.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message