Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 360 dying a yellow death
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
360 dying a yellow death - Mar 14, 2008 06:41
I thought I’d escaped the curse of the fallen 1st wave of 360’s but alas even mine has succumbed to a fatal flaw. Quite randomly at first but then with more frequency certain light colours of the screen started going yellow. The dashboard was yellow, games were yellow and it’d come and go as it pleased. Then it was fine for a week. Now it’s flickering yellow.

I tried the wires connecting it to my HDTV, I even bought a second wire but it’s still yellow. My Wii on the same TV is fine so it’s defiantly the 360 that’s broken.

All this comes at the very start of a two week holiday from work. It’s my birthday Saturday too and I’m getting COD 4 (finally!). So I’m probably going to buy a new console and sell bits of my old one as spares. Mine, being bought on launch day is way past warranty and I still want a 360 to play while I’m off work for 2 weeks.

It’s annoyed me because none of my other consoles have died; from Master System to Dreamcast, PS2 and beyond. My PS2 has had the worst beat down ever and still functions like it should. £200 for a new premium console is *very* annoying.

Here’s hoping my new generation 360 (now with HDMI slot!) lasts the test of time.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll