Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mass Effect 2 Review
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Mass Effect 2 Review - Feb 03, 2010 00:54

Link

"Mass Effect 2 succeeds ultimately on the strength of its world and BioWare have created one of the most beautiful, fantastical, consistent, comprehensive and coherent universes seen in science fiction, let alone video games. There is still some fat to be trimmed for Mass Effect 3 (the resource mining is a real grind and is far too slow and the disc juggling can be a little irritating) but ME2 is a shockingly improved sequel to an already brilliant game and shows that BioWare have no intention of slipping into lazy genre habits in their quest to push the medium forward."

Yeah I know, we're late with this, I'm shit, Rupert's shit, yadda yadda. Better to be BEST than FIRST though. And we're BEST by default. It says so in Kikizo's rulebook, right under the bit about complimentary jukebox machines.
Joking aside, ME2 seems to be everything it's billed to be. I still haven't completed the first.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Mass Effect 2 Review - Feb 03, 2010 10:50
Nice review but someone didn't link the images properly, clicking on the images lead to different ones.  Also Mass Effect came out in 2007, not 1997.  I know, I'm an asshole.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Mass Effect 2 Review - Feb 03, 2010 18:08
Yup, totally agree.  I do have pangs of regret about the lack of depth (only having 4 levels for your powers, some of the powers have been removed) but it's definitely a better game than the original.  Hope to finish this tomorrow with my ME1 imported soldier, then I'll restart on Insane as either a tech or biotic.  I'm probably keener on the Tech option as there are more Biotic characters on the team.
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Mass Effect 2 Review - Feb 03, 2010 21:06
Agent Ghost

Nice review but someone didn't link the images properly, clicking on the images lead to different ones.  Also Mass Effect came out in 2007, not 1997.  I know, I'm an asshole.

There's a word for people like you... and it's "subeditor".

I don't think Rupert meant to suggest ME was released in 1997 - isn't he talking about a genre? Will check, and will fixoorate the images.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Mass Effect 2 Review - Feb 05, 2010 00:54
Finished it tonight.  An absolute classic game.  Going to start again as a renegade tech or biotic.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Mass Effect 2 Review - Feb 16, 2010 21:47
Will get this as soon as I get ma nu TV. :D  Can't wait.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll