Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Red Steel
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Red Steel - Aug 04, 2006 07:30
New (August) screenshots...

...screens from last month...

The game got a huge buzz when it was announced but recieved quite a bit of skepticism and many didn' t believe that the game would look anywhere near as good as the released screens.

E3 came and the game DID look good but needed improvements to the control mechanism.

Ubisoft have released 2 new screens (see top) and the game is looking awesome both in terms of art direction and actual visuals. Since it' s being developed in conjunction with Nintendo, the control is the last thing i' m worried about. If all else fails they' ll simply make it just like Metroid Prime 3.

What are your thoughts about the game now that E3 has passed and both GC 06 and TGS 06 draw nearer?!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Red Steel - Aug 04, 2006 07:35
It all depends on the controlls. If the controlls work then it' ll be one hell of a game.
I hope they make it so that the sword mimicks your exact movements and attacks instead of translating your movements into predetermined attacks.
Red Steel looks great and Ati said that what we saw at E3 (refering to the Wii games in general) was just the tip of the iceberg so I think the Wii will have some really fantastic looking visuals. I don' t think it will disappoint anyone.
Nitro

RE: Red Steel - Aug 04, 2006 07:41

I hope they make it so that the sword mimicks your exact movements and attacks instead of translating your movements into predetermined attacks

Both the guns and the swords tilt as you tilt the remote. I don' t know about the swords being freeform but i bloody hope so. I' ll dig out the video' s from E3 and see if i can tell.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Red Steel - Aug 04, 2006 07:44
I didn' t get hands on with it at E3 but I stood in line for over an hour waiting for it. It looked decent. Most people walked away rather unimpressed. I really wanted to play it for myself but lines just weren' t my thing. I probably wouldn' t have been too blown away anyway, I' m still not a fan of the Wii remote.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Red Steel - Aug 04, 2006 07:46

ORIGINAL: Rampage99
I probably wouldn' t have been too blown away anyway, I' m still not a fan of the Wii remote.

Me either but I plan on giving it a chance at least.
Rampage99

RE: Red Steel - Aug 04, 2006 07:58
I gave it a chance. I played the Wii Sports games. It just felt dumb using it. I' ll try it out again when it' s launched. I' m still undecided if I want one.
Nitro

RE: Red Steel - Aug 04, 2006 07:59

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I gave it a chance. I played the Wii Sports games. It just felt dumb using it. I' ll try it out again when it' s launched. I' m still undecided if I want one.

Did you play the Wii Twilight Princess demo?!

Oh, and good to see you' ve returned safely from your trip to the Congo!
Rampage99

RE: Red Steel - Aug 04, 2006 08:02
Lol, yeah... Congo, that' s what happened, lol. If you really want to know what happened go to the Everything Else section and read the topic about how you found Kikizo.

No I did not get to play Twilight Princess... the line for that was longer than anything. I went and looked at the PS3 instead... I probably should have waited for Zelda, lol.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Red Steel - Aug 04, 2006 08:05
Lol The looking an idiot thing whilst playing it was what I was worried about...
no jokes..
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 4 Aug 06 0:05:37 >
Nitro

RE: Red Steel - Aug 04, 2006 08:06

Lol, yeah... Congo, that' s what happened, lol. If you really want to know what happened go to the Everything Else section and read the topic about how you found Kikizo.

Dude, you know i ain' t gonna fall for no cover story! Anyhoo, it' s good to see you back...
Rampage99

RE: Red Steel - Aug 04, 2006 08:08
Thanks dude, I appreciate it.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Red Steel - Aug 04, 2006 08:23

I didn' t get hands on with it at E3 but I stood in line for over an hour waiting for it. It looked decent. Most people walked away rather unimpressed. I really wanted to play it for myself but lines just weren' t my thing. I probably wouldn' t have been too blown away anyway, I' m still not a fan of the Wii remote.

The E3 build was disappointing - There' s a nice developers blog on IGN where they talk about making this game (that' s where those screens came from).

The sword fights weren' t like we imagine - it was " this move does this on screen" - not 1:1 representation of your movements - they are wroking on it right now , but it' s hard to tell how this will end.

There are some serioud visual changes this time - sharper textures and " the hand" looks much better now.They say that light effects have been upgraded as well.It' s at least a month more before launch and this game is still getting better.

I was very disappointed in the E3 version (the potential was there though) , but it seems a lot could change before the retail version
Jessica Spencer

• Total Posts : 62
RE: Red Steel - Aug 07, 2006 23:30
Red Steel screens looking brill ]GaNgStA[ my man/woman.
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Red Steel - Aug 07, 2006 23:34
Too much colours 4 a FPS. But the idea will bring much better games.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Red Steel - Aug 07, 2006 23:50

Red Steel screens looking brill ]GaNgStA[ my man/woman

WTF? :)

NAked - you wouldn' t buy this game cause it has many colours? :)

It reminds me of Perfect Dark N64 visual style (and yes I loved it as much as Shenmue)

Please Ubi don' t fuck this up ....
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Red Steel - Aug 08, 2006 00:00
You don´t understand me, dude.

I mean, if a game doesn´t have an own shape of colours, it wouldn´t become atmospheric and special.

That´s one of the reasons why I hate GTA:SA...
]GaNgStA[

RE: Red Steel - Aug 08, 2006 01:44
I understood - I was just kidding :)

But to be honest Perfect Dark was pretty colorful (I' m talking about the N64 one) and I loved it' s visuals - it' s all about HOW you use those colors.

Some games like FEAR or MGS make a great impression by keeping the color palette grey or green (even movies make great use of it) , but it' s not always necessary for amazing and immersive experience.Half life2 was full of colors,Halo 2 - and many more.

I just want this game to control well with the wiimote - I don' t want it to work like in Metroid 3 corruption.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Red Steel - Aug 08, 2006 02:07

]GaNgStA[ my man/woman.

What are you talking about? Gangsta' s my man/woman!!!
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Red Steel - Aug 08, 2006 02:44
I am put off by this game, at first I was thinking it' d be cool. The visuals never impressed me from the first video I saw to the latest screens.
As for the wiimote, I' d hope its 1:1 what the user does, but i' m skeptical
]GaNgStA[

RE: Red Steel - Aug 08, 2006 05:31

What are you talking about? Gangsta' s my man/woman!!!

Don' t fuckin encourage him/her!! :)

UUMAI - after E3 I' m also sceptical , but I know they are trying hard to make it 1:1 (developers blog on IGN)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll