Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rampage' s Workouts 101
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
Rampage' s Workouts 101 - Feb 18, 2008 13:51
As I mentioned in the " Post Your Picture" thread I decided to create another thread devoted to working out. I' m glad several of you found interest in how I achieved my current figure and I really am grateful for all the compliments.

I guess I' ll start with a rundown of my workout style even though it was basically described in the other thread. We' ll say it' s a refresher, lol. Basically the workouts I do are quick workouts with balls to the wall intensity. If you aren' t cursing life when you are done the workout wasn' t good enough or you didn' t try hard enough. All the workouts focus on using multiple body parts (though this can be argued when talking about back extensions and sit-ups/crunches) to achieve the greatest amount muscular and metabolic stimulation.

Forget what most people try to tell you about working out. The whole 3 sets of ten for individual body parts is cliche, boring, and not as effective as what I do. Working out only three days a week to keep your body from being over worked... toss that out the window. Over eat to bulk up with heavy weights and then starve yourself later while going to strictly cardio to get the definition... what a joke. Traditional workout methods while effective are slow, boring, take forever to see results, and don' t transfer well into real world situations.

There are only a few things you need to focus on for this regiment as I said in the other thread. 1.) Eat right. Don' t count calories just watch what you are putting into your mouth. There' s a difference between being satisfied and full. Figure it out. 2.) Be consistent. You want to try to workout 4 days a week minimum. 5 to 6 is better. Guys at Gym Jones have gone on stints where they didn' t take a break for over a week and a half. 3.) Learn to accept pain and if possible make it your friend. These workouts are hard, they hurt, grown men have cried doing them, they' ve puked (my friend puked his guts out half way though one of my favorite workouts), but if it wasn' t like this it wouldn' t be worth it.

Saying that I' m not going to throw you guys into the hardest workouts right off the bat. The workouts I post for this week will be beginner level. They' ll still be challenging but I' m not going try and make you guys vomit. This weeks regiment will not require any weights, you won' t need to buy anything, and they shouldn' t take all that long to complete. I' d actually like to see several of you attempt it so you can post and compare results. This is a learning experience for me too because I' ve really only semi-trained two or three people since I started working out.

First, I' d like to provide you guys with some useful links.
Crossfit exercise demos- This site provides great video tutorials for tons of different workouts. You can learn a lot from watching them.

Gym Jones videos- You want some inspiration? Watch the video called " The Captain" . If you want to see what I look like after a workout watch " MSFU" .

Progression- My blog. You can see what I' m doing day to day. I' ll be doing a workout tomorrow but the rest of the week I' ll be in San Fran for GDC. I won' t be posting much until next week.

So here' s the schedule for those of you that want to give it a shot:

Monday:
10x Walking Lunge (10 each leg) +
20x Sit-up
5 rounds (record time)

Tuesday:
5x Pull-up +
10x Push-up +
15x Box Jump (find a something to jump on that' s 18" to 24" tall)
20 minutes, as many rounds as possible (record number and post)

Wednesday:
5k run (3 miles)
Any pace you want

Thursday:
Tabata Push-ups
Then:
Tabata Squats
(Just write how much it hurt. Remember that it' s 20 seconds of as many as you can do followed by 10 seconds of rest, 8 rounds. Do that for the push-ups first and then the squats)

Friday:
" Those Burpees Suck" (easy version)
10x Pull-up +
20x Box Jump +
30x Push-up +
40x Sit-up +
50x Burpee
(Record time. This is going to hurt like a bitch after the tabatas from the day before but like I said, this is the EASY version. Keep a brisk pace but make sure you are getting the full range of motion for each rep. If you aren' t the rep doesn' t count. Slow down when needed just make sure you have proper form every single time. You are looking for quality. Speed will come over time.)

It was actually really tough to come up with a weightless regiment, lol. I' m going to have to do a lot of research to come up with something new for next week. that' s something I should also mention. You don' t want to repeat workouts. The reason you body goes through changes while working out is because it' s trying to accommodate the work you are putting it through. Eventually your body will get used to a repeated workout and plateau. By keeping things varied your body can' t adapt and it will continue to get stronger at a constant pace.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 18 Feb 08 6:02:36 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message