Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 iPlay
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
iPlay - Dec 29, 2006 01:43
LOL oh dear...

According to a rumor filtered earlier at the forum of the official Apple community, in a message that quickly has been deleted, the company is going to present/display at the next Macworld fair -that will be held on January 8th in San Francisco- a new and powerful gaming console that will enter competition with Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii. The new machine will be called iPlay and gathers the accumulated experience by Mac in the sale of videogames by means of downloading for its popular MP3 player iPod through the Web on iTunes.

The engineering specs denote the good agreement at which the company arrived recently with Intel, since all the components, even the graphical processor, are made by them. " Technologically there is nothing that is not possible by joining the best components of each company. Thanks to the Moore' s Law, if you want most powerful, you only must hope to send it months after the others" , assured Kevin Pogue in the press note.

Until the celebration of the Macworld fair,images in movement of the first games in hi-res, the most of the short list of launchings being the long-awaited Shenmue 3, that probably will be used also to call the attention on the direct compatibility of iPlay with Dreamcast.

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_noticia.php?pic=360&id=cw4592f46c184d0

Who says BS!?!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: iPlay - Dec 29, 2006 02:13
I don' t know if it' s BS but I' ll LMAO at the idea anyways. LOL!

LOL

If the console is like the rest of their junk you can be sure the hardware will put style over function. The case will be sexier than what Sony has put out with the PS3 and the hardware will be weaker than a Wii, the software will be more bloated than what MS is promoting and the whole fucking thing will cost more than all three decent vivals combined.

The games will all be 99$ and will be bought only by downloading them to the generous HDD (sold separately), the controller would have a scroll wheel and if ever I see anyone buy one I will laugh to death.

Clearly this isn' t a real attempt to make a console but an attempt assasinate the smartest technology critics by making us laugh to death. Much like the Holy Grail of jokes that Monthy Pithon was predicting for decades. The joke that will end us, the joke that can end me. Once the best of us are gone they will have no resistance pushing their overpriced, overprotected, underfunctioned shit on the weak minded masses. There will be no one around to help the soccer moms and lumberjack dads or just plain noobs to choose the right hight tech devices. The masses like a flock of sheep will all have no one to prevent them from bending over for Apple while they service the account as many times they want. AS MANY TIMES THEY WANT!

Consumers will be screwed so many times by Apple they will all be bleeding from the asshole. Apple will have a new slogan. " It' s ok, we have an assortment of lubricants for your comfort" .

Lets keep an eye on this one folks, this could be dangerous.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 28 Dec 06 23:25:34 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: iPlay - Dec 29, 2006 05:40
GPU made by intel LMFAO! If you have an intel GPU you can' t even play most games, and if you can its on the lowest settings with 10 frames per second.

I sort of hope this is true and the same idiotic mainstream masses that bought iPods buy this as well. They can all have fun believing they have something awesome as I laugh in the shadows.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: iPlay - Dec 29, 2006 05:58
Pah, the Phantom is wayyyy better.
Agent Ghost

RE: iPlay - Dec 29, 2006 07:23
LOL the Phantom....
Dead Saint

RE: iPlay - Dec 29, 2006 08:06
This is also on the page...all ill say is thank fuck for that! Apple would get owned

ATTENTION: This news is FALSE and is the joke of the day of the Innocent Saints, 28 of December, that this year we have jointly prepared GameproTV, 3DJuegos, Vidaextra, Mundogamers and Meristation.com with the collaboration of Dante in the design of the console. We hoped that the joke has drawn you a smile to the time that has seeded you the doubt initially, although we have put many tracks so that whatever a little paid attention it detected incongruencias that made it incredible. Let us hope that Apple takes note from the good welcome that would have its console if they sent it and that all we thought that greater competition ends at improvements for the videoadictos.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: iPlay - Dec 29, 2006 08:18
What the fuck is this...

...???

If Apple were to do anything like this they' d base it on the Mac Mini...

...and not some ugly piece of shit like that above.

Apple have a music and movies download service in place already and it' s a proven service, just like Xbox Live so that' s something they wouldn' t have to worry about, ...but partnering with Intel for a games console would be suicide. If Apple were interested in games their ideal partner would be Nintendo, or even SEGA.

Until either Sony or Microsoft quit the business Apple won' t get involved. That said, when one of the companies does pull out of the hardware race, Apple would be a prime contender to take their place.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: iPlay - Dec 29, 2006 09:34
Why is the industry mostly limited to only 3 Consoles?
Agent Ghost

RE: iPlay - Dec 29, 2006 09:42
Because that' s all we can afford. Everytime a fourth guy wants to make a console we immediately tell them to go fuck themselves. That' s my theory anyways...
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: iPlay - Dec 29, 2006 10:31
Well, if you were a developer and you heard about a new console right now from...anyone...would you care?

4 platforms is enough ( never forget pc' s)

And I can see a big problem with that first mock up, too many moving parts. How long until the little motor system that cracks the system open fails and traps your game inside? Adding something like that purely for asthetic appeal is just...stupid.

Plus it' s ugly.
< Message edited by nekkid_monkey -- 29 Dec 06 2:41:05 >
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: iPlay - Dec 29, 2006 11:52
ROFL!!

If only....then i can laugh even harder!!!!

OMFG!!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: iPlay - Dec 30, 2006 14:07
LOL, apple. Thats a good one Saint, lol
Dead Saint

RE: iPlay - Dec 30, 2006 17:48

well they did try once before...and got laughed at, HARD!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll