Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Regarding PS3 Oblivion
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Regarding PS3 Oblivion - Oct 12, 2006 15:23
As some may know the PS3 will sport an additional guild, called the Knights of the Nine, i was wondering if that was exclusive, but IGN just gave the answer in this interview

IGN: Will the Knights of the Nine quests eventually become available for X360 and PC players of Oblivion, or are they exclusively PS3' s?

Howard: We always aim to have all our content available across all platforms, so that is our goal.

Hopefully they will add the quests, it should be 20-25 hours of more game time, also would be cool if they added achievements to it, but since the points dont do anything it doesnt quite mnatter, but it would still be cool
< Message edited by Vx Chemical -- 12 Oct 06 7:35:12 >
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Regarding PS3 Oblivion - Oct 13, 2006 00:31
Just PLEASE don' t tell me we have to PAY anything for it though =/

And when can player-made mods be actually available for consoles? I know I know, it' s just about impossible (imagine all the stringent checks for viruses and ' Hot Coffees' and what not before they can be hosted. Not to mention how exactly the whole thing could work [IMO plugins should be easy, provided there' s a harddrive on the other end]), but didn' t Microsoft start the whole marketplace thing cos they felt that trading between players for player-made goods were what they wanted for the future? Oblivion seems perfect for it!
Vx Chemical

RE: Regarding PS3 Oblivion - Oct 13, 2006 00:36

Just PLEASE don' t tell me we have to PAY anything for it though =/

Ofcourse you have to pay for it!

Fair is fair!

People are thinking of it in the wrong way. You buy the game in its completeness, and then the developer spends time expanding the game for you bits by bit. Would you think it was fair to them if they offered it for free? it would be cool, but i do understand that they want payment for it!

What wouldnt be fair is if they took money for something that were missing in order to make the game complete!
Byakko

RE: Regarding PS3 Oblivion - Oct 13, 2006 00:52
Taking into account PS3' s Oblivion is on Blu-Ray, I' m figuring about, what 10 bucks extra for it? Overestimate, underestimate?

Basically, they' re paying extra for the game with better textures, effects etc. Bug fixes, okay. But they essentially get extra content for ' free' don' t they? I' m saying that the amount they' re paying for the game in terms of the game' s content (including bug fixes, textures etc.) doesn' t warrant them getting something essentially free whilst those on other platforms have to pay extra!

I mean, what if they get the HORSE ARMOUR free?

I know, bearing in mind we don' t even know how much it, or any PS3 game, is really going to retail for. And it' s a premiere game so it can be pressed slightly higher.

I' m peeved if the cost they pay is essentially less than what 360 players pay, hence relatively getting freebies.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Regarding PS3 Oblivion - Oct 13, 2006 00:59
Horse Armour for free?

Now I' m pissed!
Vx Chemical

RE: Regarding PS3 Oblivion - Oct 13, 2006 01:02
Im pretty sure they wont include all of it! now i must admit horse armer was prety much bullshit!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Regarding PS3 Oblivion - Oct 13, 2006 01:06
I killed my horse then bought the horse armour pack...

Does that make me an idiot?

Of course Shadowmere can never die...

(Or can he?)
Byakko

RE: Regarding PS3 Oblivion - Oct 13, 2006 01:19
New areas, quests, all the stuff they currently have up for d/l. Yeah, they' re optional content IMO. If you want some more fun, you pay for professional and officially made extras, that' s fine and dandy.

But these Knights are a FACTION, like the Brotherhood. Bethesda said so themselves. IMO, they' re part of the story developement as an equal part as the Dark Brotherhood, which means they are essentially a late addition to the core game itself.

Seriously, PS3 buyers get a (mostly) bug-free game, possibly some of those additional ' extras' that Bethesda ' left out' , AND additional 20-25 hours of gameplay?! They better be paying though the nose for it when it comes out to justify any payment for 360 owners.
Anita

• Total Posts : 71
RE: Regarding PS3 Oblivion - Oct 13, 2006 01:47
Do you think its actually worth buying if you have it on the 360 already?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Regarding PS3 Oblivion - Oct 13, 2006 08:30
really the game needs more real depth instead of length.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Regarding PS3 Oblivion - Oct 13, 2006 09:25
I had enough frustration with load times on my 360, much less with a ps3.

And about horse armour, WHO CARES? its a freakin horse. if it dies o well, take a 5 hour walk to the nearby town, the horse wasnt saving much time if it still takes 3 hours now is it? why not use the fast travel, it makes since

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll