Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 REALLY painful Big Daddy battle (Bioshock) and 360 Assasin' s Creed
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
REALLY painful Big Daddy battle (Bioshock) and 360 Assasin' s Creed - Oct 06, 2006 11:29
Download/watch this Bioshock trailer here

The introduction has a narrator, but soon, you' ll see one REALLY painful battle between you and the Big Daddy.

Two words: Drill Arm

And a cool looking plasmid power too

Edit:

A ' live' demo of Assasin' s Creed on the 360: here

Looks great (love the climbing and ' Assasin sense' thing), and apparently you WILL be pushing people alot
< Message edited by Byakko -- 6 Oct 06 3:32:31 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: REALLY painful Big Daddy battle (Bioshock) and 360 Assasin' s Creed - Oct 06, 2006 11:55
I didn' t exactly understand that trailer for Bioshock, I understand the choice of morals...but where is it defined the last suit wearing guy is Big Daddy? Awesome trailer however.

Assassin' s Creed looks awesome, the crowd physics and interaction is something I will find to be amazing.
Byakko

RE: REALLY painful Big Daddy battle (Bioshock) and 360 Assasin' s Creed - Oct 06, 2006 12:03
Those guys in the old seafloor exploration suits ARE officially called the ' Big Daddies' . The girl inside the hole is one of the ' Little Sisters'

This earlier in-depth demo with narrator: here

Tells more about Bioshock' s story, including showing the roles of both the Big Daddies and the Little Sisters.
Alecrein

RE: REALLY painful Big Daddy battle (Bioshock) and 360 Assasin' s Creed - Oct 06, 2006 16:30
Thanks for the link, it should clear things up on this whole confusion :)
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: REALLY painful Big Daddy battle (Bioshock) and 360 Assasin' s Creed - Oct 06, 2006 18:18
Great link Byakko (lightning).

I like the underwater fell of Bioshock, I' ll be paddling in that game for ages, I
hope there is a really spectacular level where all the water just caves in on the
underwater city... and you have to inject yourself rabid like an overfed
porcupine to escape.. Would be so cool.
Byakko

RE: REALLY painful Big Daddy battle (Bioshock) and 360 Assasin' s Creed - Oct 06, 2006 18:52
I wonder if you can actually walk around in the ' streets' (all the current trailers only show indoor environments) since there are neon signs around (and a ferris wheel in one screenie), makes no sense if everyone hides indoors w/o seeing ' em...

Hee, Aquaman plasmid, swim around, talk to fish, get a hook arm, grow a beard =p
Alecrein

RE: REALLY painful Big Daddy battle (Bioshock) and 360 Assasin' s Creed - Oct 07, 2006 04:35
Watched the previous provided link, wow I had never seen the game Demo' ed before. This game looks even better than I thought it would, maybe now we will have a FPS that is extremely immersive and realistic while still being fictional (I.E. NOT A WW2 FPS).
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: REALLY painful Big Daddy battle (Bioshock) and 360 Assasin' s Creed - Oct 07, 2006 08:50
Um I saw all those trailers like 2 days ago. Welcome to Wednesday.

Regardless, I was dissapointed in Assasin' s Creed, just looking at that video I see poor design, and bad framerate and animation. Bioshock looked cool but looks like it was just a cutscene.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 7 Oct 06 0:52:32 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: REALLY painful Big Daddy battle (Bioshock) and 360 Assasin' s Creed - Oct 07, 2006 13:43

Um I saw all those trailers like 2 days ago. Welcome to Wednesday.

Regardless, I was dissapointed in Assasin' s Creed, just looking at that video I see poor design, and bad framerate and animation. Bioshock looked cool but looks like it was just a cutscene.

They are from the opening speach at X06 so some of it saw it then!

It' s people like you who are too stupid to notice when a game is work in progress amd jump the gun calling a game bad even before its released!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: REALLY painful Big Daddy battle (Bioshock) and 360 Assasin' s Creed - Oct 07, 2006 16:12
Maybe he didn' t hear Jade Raymond say it' s work in progress, so excuse the
popping and decreasing framerate... But maybe he did, and he' ll
be getting the 30% done version of Assassins Creed... Just maybe..
Byakko

RE: REALLY painful Big Daddy battle (Bioshock) and 360 Assasin' s Creed - Oct 09, 2006 14:18
Just listened to the 1-up podcast. According to them, that Bioshock trailer was processed entirely in-game.

Also, honestly optimization for a game, like the framerate, is the LAST thing done in the development cycle!
< Message edited by Byakko -- 9 Oct 06 6:36:28 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message