Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Beautiful Katamari Demo!!!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Beautiful Katamari Demo!!! - Aug 14, 2007 22:53
Na-naaaa na-na na-na na-na na-na Katamari Damacy!
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 14 Aug 07 15:32:33 >
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Beautiful Katamari Demo on XBLM! - Aug 14, 2007 23:13
One of your reviews is expected, this is a game I want to buy.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Beautiful Katamari Demo!!! - Aug 15, 2007 00:00
What is a " katamari and what does it do" .
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Beautiful Katamari Demo!!! - Aug 15, 2007 00:22
There' s actually not a whole lot to review Killer, as it' s only a 3 minute demo, but I' ll hammer out a mini-review for all those poor saps at work.

Graphics
It' s Katamary Damacy! Crisper textures and smoother animation than 1 & 2.... buuuut everything else is exactly the same. The only real difference between this and the previous Katamari is the fact that it runs in 60 frames per second. Much nicer experience.

Controls
It' s Katamary Damacy! That means that nothing' s changed!

Sound
The track they used for the demo was the same one from the teaser trailer on Marketplace a while back. I didn' t like it much when I first heard it, but it' s starting to grow on me. Not as memorable as 1, but nowhere near as forgettable as 2.

All the critters & objects have relatively distinct sounds this time, none of them sounding the way they' re supposed to. (when was the last time you heard a deer bleet?)

Gameplay
Uh... It' s Katamari Damacy!

The gameplay hasn' t changed one bit. In fact, if it weren' t for the anti-aliasing, slight graphical touch-ups, and a higher framerate, I wouldn' t have noticed a difference. Which is a-ok with me.

Final Impresison?

Far too early to tell. I only had two 3-minute sessions with the demo, which is nowhere near enough time to draw a final grade, even from a demo. All I' ll say is that it was fun, and definately worth the 20 minutes of download time.

I' m an enormous fan of the Katamari games, so even if it' s the same title as 1 and 2, I' ll be in love. However, I' ll try to give a slightly more nonpartisan review of the full game when it launches.

Cheers guys.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Beautiful Katamari Demo!!! - Aug 15, 2007 00:33
I thought the second game was great, its really nice to play something that isnt so god damn serious.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll