Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I bet you' re all probably wondering --
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
I bet you' re all probably wondering -- - Mar 08, 2005 11:04
What happened to lotusson!!!!! .....okay, probably not. :D

Well I moved into a new place and figured since I' ll only have my internet service off for a couple days no biggie -- but it' s never that simple. I can' t get Comcast so I call up SBC Yahoo DSL. I sign up for their one year plan at 36 bucks a month. Figured they' ll be able to get me online in a couple days like Comcast -- like hell. They promised me I' ll have my DSL modem in two days.... it took them a week. No biggie I suppose. I finally get my modem, hook everything up, and try to install the software -- keyword being try. Because as the modem is testing for a connection, I realize my activation date (the date they' ll turn my service on) isn' t for another four days. So now it' s going on two weeks and I' m getting pissed. I call up SBC to try and move my activation date. No go. Apparently they have to work on your line before setting up your DSL. At that point I really wanted to cancel my subscription, but SBC is the only broadband company in the area since I can' t get Comcast. So I figured I' d wait. The software installation of course failed so when it asked me to reboot my computer I just turned it off and figured I' ll comeback to it later........ but this..... this is beautiful. Because when I turn my PC back on I realize that SBC' s software F***KING CRASHED MY COMPUTER!!!! -_- I tried everything short of re-installing Windows to get it working again. After reaching my technical limits I decided to take it to Best Buy and have them work on it. So that' s where my PC is now... at Best Buy.... cold and alone. And here I am.... posting from the school' s computer. How sad.

On the plus side, during the downtime I finally beat Halo 2 on Legendary. Wearing it like a badge of honor.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: I bet you' re all probably wondering -- - Mar 08, 2005 12:13
here' s the scoop; in the time you have been away not much has happened. Mass X and chickapoo88 are still as mushy as ever. joe is still the ever knowing wise-cracking person that is his trademark. mxpx182 has become a dad....sort of. adam is still around only some of the time......aw hell, i' m sure you read through the posts as well as posting this.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: I bet you' re all probably wondering -- - Mar 08, 2005 15:29
dont worry, we all still love you! we knew you' d come back and you did, now please please go before i cry.
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: I bet you' re all probably wondering -- - Mar 10, 2005 21:27
First off, your getting scammed paying 36 bucks a month!

I pay 26 smacks a month for 1.5mb down and like 348kb up.

Secondly, the software is absolutely not required in any way shape or form. Your choice to use it is your own fault I guess. You can either use a PPPOE dialup adapter to login, or get a router and have it log you in automatically constantly with no software at all? How? From internet screen goto 192.168.0.1 to access router. You might even be able to talk to newer DSL modems through this port, but I cant vouch for that.

So the moral of the story is: Dont use the crappy SBC software. If you do...use the bare minimum. Otherwise you can just use a router or PPOE compatible dialup adapter. Be happy with DSL, its dedicated bandwidth and you get free dialup internet for whoever wants it no strings attached. You dont get that w/comcast.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll