Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 BIOHAZARD: Degeneration
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
BIOHAZARD: Degeneration - Oct 30, 2007 04:53

CAPCOM AND SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT JAPAN ANNOUNCE COPRODUCTION OF BIOHAZARD: DEGENERATION
Full-length CG Movie Based on the Hit Biohazard/Resident Evil Franchise To Be Released in 2008

CAPCOM Co., Ltd. (Osaka, Japan -- representative director and president: Haruhiro Tsujimoto; hereinafter " CAPCOM" ) and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan Co., Ltd. (Tokyo Japan -- representative director and president: Ken Munekata; hereinafter " SPEJ" ) have announced coproduction of " BIOHAZARD: Degeneration," the first full-length CG animation feature based upon the BIOHAZARD series of games and movies.

BIOHAZARD, began as a hit international video game franchise created by CAPCOM, then made its debut on the silver screen as the live-action film RESIDENT EVIL (the international film title for BIOHAZARD), distributed worldwide by Sony Pictures Entertainment. RESIDENT EVIL is the first trilogy of live-action movies to have come from a video game franchise. CAPCOM and Sony Picture' s Japanese subsidiary SPEJ have teamed up to give birth to a CG-animated BIOHAZARD with groundbreaking visual effects and a brand-new story line.

Since its initial release in 1996, the BIOHAZARD series of games has established the " survival horror" genre and has shipped over a 33 million units worldwide, continuing to captivate its fans as a powerful property. CAPCOM will continue to release new games within the franchise, such as " BIOHAZARD: Umbrella Chronicles" and " BIOHAZARD 5"

The films " RESIDENT EVIL" and " RESIDENT EVIL 2: APOCALYPSE" have each grossed more than US$ 100 million at the Box Office internationally. " RESIDENT EVIL 3" aka " BIOHAZARD 3" (debuting throughout Japan on November 3) has been the biggest hit of the series in the US to date, adding to the high performance and public support for this franchise.

The full CG animation feature " BIOHAZARD: Degeneration" is currently in production, with plans for a terrifying release in 2008.

LINK

Ok, at first glance this seems to be pretty cool - a RE CG movie which should make up for the terrible live action films. Right?

Can somebody tell me why this is more interesting than it may first appear to be?
Teardrop

• Total Posts : 47
RE: BIOHAZARD: Degeneration - Oct 30, 2007 17:54
because capcom now have their own cgi movie studio like square?
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: BIOHAZARD: Degeneration - Oct 31, 2007 01:08
And we all know how successful that was!

I really don' t know what the appeal is of video game-based movies. The cool thing about video games is you control them. You don' t control movies. If you' re lucky you control your bladder long enough to sit there and watch the movie.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: BIOHAZARD: Degeneration - Oct 31, 2007 05:24
No Teardrop, that' s not why if i find the announcement f this CG movie so interesting. It it was just about the movie i' d have posted it in the Everything Else forum. Plus, it' s Sony who' s actually making the film, not Capcom.

I guess i' ll have to explain...

Since this film will be released in 2008, post production would have started at least 12 months ago and the deal would have been on the table longer than that. CG movies take longer to put together than live action movies and they cost a shitload to produce. Since it' s Sony who' s essentially licensed the IP for a movie, and it' ll be distributed by Sony, it makes sense that Sony get something out of Capcom given that this itself is a risky venture. Afterall, both Spirits Within and Advent Children pretty much flopped, and RE isn' t exactly for children - which is Pixars target audience.

The logical thing for Sony would be to tie this in with some sort of RE5 exclusivity. It was afterall being talked about 18 months or so ago, right when this CG movie deal will have been put together. It would also explain why Sony haven' t protested too much about the loss of Dragon Quest to Nintendo - although saying that, i still 100% expect a Dragon Quest game to be released on PS3 at some point.

If Sony have maneged to somehow secure RE5 exclusive to PS3 then it' d be a major hit to 360 and a major bonus to PS3.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: BIOHAZARD: Degeneration - Oct 31, 2007 05:53
To throw a RE5 trailer up on XBL, get everyone excited, and then have to say that they' ve lost the title? I doubt it. I' m thinking as far as Microsoft currently knows, they' ve got the title. I don' t think there' s any secret letdown in the wings.

On the other hand, Sony has been catching up, and we' ve seen some interesting rumors from their camp as of late.

By the by, if " You were almost a Jigllgl sandwich" isn' t in the final movie, I' m picketing outside the theaters. Who' s with me?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll