Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 NHL 07 vs 08?
fish_wacker

• Total Posts : 142
NHL 07 vs 08? - Oct 19, 2007 04:27
First things first, i am not a hockey fan, i may watch the odd game but i dont not closely follow it, so i am NOT interested in the latest player transfers etc...
But IGN gave 07 -8.7 and 08 - 8.9 so i was wondering, is it worth paying more for 08 when its only 0.2 better??

*PS is their any fighting on these games?*
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: NHL 07 vs 08? - Oct 19, 2007 05:18
NHL 07 is a solid game, but EA made so many really nice changes to NHL 08, the biggest to me being the fact that the game runs at a solid 60fps. Now this is very noticeable as when I got NHL 08 played it for a bit, and then went back to finish a season on NHL 07 it just seemed way too slow.

AI in NHL 08 is also a big improvement from NHL 07. The computer opponent no longer waits back for you to beat the snot out of them, they change their stragety througout the game if you keep doing the same plays. They adapt, and will stifle you. NHL 08 also brings in some minor tweaks to the stick control that was brought in NHL 07. You now have the ability to separate yourself from the puck, go around your opponent, and still meet up with the puck if all is timed properly. Makes for some fantastic dekeing!!!!!

Some other obvious improvements would be the grpahics, NHL 08 pretty much makes NHL 07 look like an original XBOX game in some spots. The new skating control will take some time to get used to, but when you do get used to it you will end up making a lot of opponents online look rather foolish.

All in all, I think that it is well worth the money to go out and get NHL 08. Oh, I forgot to mention that with NHL 08, EA finally put in online leagues as well which is a big bonus that the 2K series of hockey games had over EA. Anyway, I hope that this helped out a bit.
fish_wacker

• Total Posts : 142
RE: NHL 07 vs 08? - Oct 20, 2007 01:06
ok thanks, is there any fighting in either game though?
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: NHL 07 vs 08? - Oct 20, 2007 01:28
Of course there is, its hockey.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages