Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Just bought a PS3
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Just bought a PS3 - Feb 16, 2007 22:26
I just got a PS3, and picked up Resistance for my first game. I have to ask, is all of the blurriness in the background part of how this game is supposed to look? Cause if not, they need to fix it badly!!!

I will have to say that the gameplay in Resistance is solid, and the storyline I liked a lot.

Anyway, as any gamer would do, if they own both the 360 and PS3, I wanted to compare the 2 of course. To do this I didn' t try to compare Resistance with a 2nd gen title for 360 such as GOW, but instead I chose a 1st gen game for 360 in GRAW. I have to tell you that the one thing the 360 has over the PS3 when it comes to comparing these 2 games, is the fact that everything in the background looks solid all of the time, at least in my opinion, and like I mentioned above, Resistance looks just as good if not a little better with the up close animation, but the buildings, terrain, characters in the background just don' t shine through at all, and I for one am very diappointed.

Anyway, I am sure that future games PS3 gets will look much better. Killzone and MGS4 I am pretty confident will show off the capabililty of the PS3.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Just bought a PS3 - Feb 16, 2007 23:00
PS3 was delayed for a year and it' s ;launch titles had more development time as a result, so it is actually fair to compare 1st generation PS3 and 2nd generation 360 games, but Gears and Resistance can only be compared as far as art direction and technical achievement goes. The best game to compare against Resistance would be CoD3, as 360 was the lead development platform for the title.

Saying that, even comparing multi-platform games won' t get you anywhere as a game created specifically for PS3 hardware will undoubtedly look better than a multiplatform game on the opposing console, and vice versa.

Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Just bought a PS3 - Feb 16, 2007 23:23
I' m getting a PS3 when it comes out in March, but going halves on it with my good
friend.

The question is, we were stumped as to what launch games to get...

Anyone confirm great launch titles for the PS3 in the UK please?
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Just bought a PS3 - Feb 17, 2007 00:01
well according to magicbox website, gtHD will be available on launch for free. :)
Nitro

RE: Just bought a PS3 - Feb 17, 2007 01:35
Resistance: Fall of Man
MotorStorm
Genji: Days of the Blade*
Virtua Fighter 5

Fixed

* I' ll be buying it because it looks impressive.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 16 Feb 07 22:36:26 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Just bought a PS3 - Feb 17, 2007 05:47
But only the great ones were asked for... So the list if a whole lot smaller, especially you already have a 360
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Just bought a PS3 - Feb 17, 2007 09:14

ORIGINAL: Tiz

I' m getting a PS3 when it comes out in March, but going halves on it with my good
friend.

Like when Bart, Millhouse and Martin chip in for the comic book?

I can see it now...

" She stays with me tonight"
" OVER MY DEAD BODY!"
Nitro

RE: Just bought a PS3 - Feb 17, 2007 10:01
The next 12 weeks looks pretty interesting. I may just pass on a launch unit afterall.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Just bought a PS3 - Feb 17, 2007 11:13
From what I' ve read Motorstorm and VF5 will be a must have. Also F1CE will be pretty, but ultimately pretty disappointing for arcaders + simmers alike..
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Just bought a PS3 - Feb 17, 2007 11:55
I dunno, according to the latest GI, VF5 got an 8.5. According to them, the lack of online really hampered what is a great game. Or something along those lines. I know for one, that it won' t be MY first game of choice.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll