Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Unexpected XBLA game joins Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Unexpected XBLA game joins Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix... - Aug 29, 2007 17:19
Up today, ...Street of Rage 2...

400 points.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Unexpected XBLA game joins Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix... - Aug 29, 2007 17:42
That' s a great game, but I want more arcade games and less Genesis games! And hasn' t that Puzzle HD thing been up there for quite a while? I swear I saw it a long time ago.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Unexpected XBLA game joins Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix... - Aug 29, 2007 17:58
Y' know, i thought that was just me. I saw it last week, or maybe the week before but didn' t take much notice because it' s obviously shit. But apparently it' s up gone up today.

I might get Street of Rage 2 though as i don' t think my Mega Drive works anymore, although maybe it' s the fuse in the plug...
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Unexpected XBLA game joins Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix... - Aug 30, 2007 00:07
It was just a theme and come pics before. Now the actual game is up. Along with Streets of Rage and Bomberman Live add-on.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Unexpected XBLA game joins Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix... - Aug 30, 2007 05:55
SOR2?! Jesus yes! Is the music faithful or has it been butchered? Best MD music ever - not the genre of music, but the production squeezes everything out of the Yamaha box!

*edit* Downloaded it even though I' ve got a couple good ones of it allready, just for the online and to have it on my profile.

The music is close, but a little tinny compared to the original. The sound effects have gone wrong somewhere, with almost comedy squeaks if you hammer punch a little more than you shuold - this also happens with certain other effects. Still, its fantastic to have it crisp on a big display and looks as good now as it did when I was 12! The emulation of the 68000 core is bang on on this, compared to golden axe which didnt seem quite right somehow - don' t know if they have tweaked the emu since then.

Ah Yuzo - they even credited you on the start screen again too.

As for bomberman they should just port saturn bomberman - blatently the best ever version and be done. :Leave the franchise there hudson, you are worse than Sega for whoring yourselves out!! Every iso 3d version is/has been crap. The saturn one was probably the better of the pal available releases. 10 Player simultaneous in widescreen, loads of arenas, great artwork, crisp controls, 3 modes of play. No-one can pick it up and play for match and not want another after!

The atrocity on live is horrific in comparison!!

just port it allready!
< Message edited by ikashiru -- 30 Aug 07 1:32:42 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Unexpected XBLA game joins Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix... - Aug 30, 2007 10:15
Ive Constantly been on Virtual console Bomberman 96... (PC engine).

First time ive actually owned a Bomberman game... i really have missed out.. such a great game, especially in multi-player.. 4-players round one Wii = Awesome!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Unexpected XBLA game joins Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix... - Aug 30, 2007 13:44

The emulation of the 68000 core is bang on on this, compared to golden axe which didnt seem quite right somehow -

Golden Axe wasn' t the Genesis version. It was the arcade.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Unexpected XBLA game joins Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix... - Aug 30, 2007 14:51
Nitro, so you don' t like Puzzle fighter?? I plan to get it on ps3 when it comes if the price is fair. Loved it on the Saturn.
Ikashiru

RE: Unexpected XBLA game joins Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix... - Aug 30, 2007 19:23
Aah that makes perfect sense Joe - only played the demo for a few minutes before some meeting so didn' t have that much time to have a proper look.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Unexpected XBLA game joins Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix... - Aug 31, 2007 01:34
Hey, i notice the Ikaruga Sig...

I hope you know how to play the game properly, now that' s your sig
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 30 Aug 07 17:34:48 >
Ikashiru

RE: Unexpected XBLA game joins Super Puzzle Fighter II HD Remix... - Aug 31, 2007 03:32
Thats where the nick comes from - radiant silvergun and Ikagura - and I love em both. But still slightly prefer RS and more recently Border Down as much for the art direction as anything. Some of the nuances in the game play are brilling. Aaah Treasure...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll