Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Current Street Fighter Movie cast...
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Current Street Fighter Movie cast... - Mar 20, 2008 03:33
The cast so far includes:

• Chun-Li: Kristin Kreuk. Plays the role of Lana Lang in the WB television series Smallville .

• Balrog: Michael Clarke Duncan. The Island (2005), Sin City (2005), Daredevil (2003), The Scorpion King (2002), Planet of the Apes (2001), See Spot Run (2001), The Whole Nine Yards (2000), The Green Mile (1999), Breakfast of Champions (1999), Armageddon (1998)

• M. Bison: Neal McDonough. The Hitcher (2007), Flags of Our Fathers (2006), The Guardian (2006), Timeline (2003), MinorityReport (2002), Band of Brothers (2001)

• Vega: Taboo. Member of popular R&B music group Black Eyed Peas and recipient of three Grammy Awards.

• Charlie Nash: Chris Klein. We Were Soldiers (2002), American Pie (1999)

...hmmm...
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Current Street Fighter Movie cast... - Mar 20, 2008 06:22
Chris Klein looks to much of a pussy to play Nash. The again, I really don' t care about the SF movie. I still have nightmares with VanDamn
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Current Street Fighter Movie cast... - Mar 20, 2008 08:12
Didn' t they learn their lesson with the first live action movie?

Their main cast should consist of artists and animators
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Current Street Fighter Movie cast... - Mar 20, 2008 08:28
At least it looks better than the T4 movie in the works.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Current Street Fighter Movie cast... - Mar 20, 2008 08:35
whah? There' s a T4 movie in the works? Why was I not informed?
Chimura

RE: Current Street Fighter Movie cast... - Mar 20, 2008 09:56
Supposedly T4 has Christian Bale in it.

Btw, looking at the guys, I don' t wanna sound gay or anything, but isn' t Vega supposed to be extremely handsome, and that taboo guy certainly doesn' t quite fit that description
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Current Street Fighter Movie cast... - Mar 20, 2008 10:32

Didn' t they learn their lesson with the first live action movie?

Their main cast should consist of artists and animators

How f.ucking true. Same thing can be said for Mortal Combat as well. A well done CG, SF or Mortal Combat movie IMO would be great.

I still have nightmares with VanDamn

Yeah, great job casting VanDamn as Colonel Guile retards!!!! Whoever had the bright idea of getting him to play a hard ass American Colonel should be killed.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Current Street Fighter Movie cast... - Mar 20, 2008 11:41
Heh, Kylie Minogue should also make a come back.

< Message edited by choupolo -- 20 Mar 08 3:46:06 >
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Current Street Fighter Movie cast... - Mar 20, 2008 22:14
As much as I like the minogue, she isn' t aging well....Which is a shame but it happens to us all.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Current Street Fighter Movie cast... - Apr 12, 2008 01:02
Holywood making another SF movie. I read this a while back but the cast members they chose i don' t agree with. only Balrog i agree. Previous SF movie with Van Dam Sucked. Let' s hoe thet dont Fuc* with this one.
The only recent SF trail that wow me recently is SF4 totally kick ass.
The only good street fighter movie was SF the animated movie. Alpha the movie sucked as well.
Agent Ghost

RE: Current Street Fighter Movie cast... - Apr 12, 2008 13:02
Am I the only one who liked the first movie? I thought it was entertaining and it portrayed the characters well enough. I mean it' s a ridiculous concept for a movie to begin with. It' s hard to imagine how they could have done any better. The Mario movie was also genius, so *** you guys I know I' m right.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 12 Apr 08 5:02:58 >
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Current Street Fighter Movie cast... - Apr 12, 2008 13:49

Am I the only one who liked the first movie? I thought it was entertaining and it portrayed the characters well enough. I mean it' s a ridiculous concept for a movie to begin with. It' s hard to imagine how they could have done any better. The Mario movie was also genius, so *** you guys I know I' m right.

WOW!!!!!!

Agent, I believe it is time to take the needle out of your arm. The first Street Fighter movie was f.ucking joke from the beginning of the movie, and the Mario Brother' s Movie with their " Magic Mushrooms" as well is undeniably horrible.

Let' s face it, video games just don' t convert into very good live action movies.
Agent Ghost

RE: Current Street Fighter Movie cast... - Apr 12, 2008 15:11
When you enjoy movies and the process of decision making in the production. Look at it this way. They have millions to invest in a show that will last under two hours. Any move they make could make or break them. Then they get handed this ridiculous story that they have to use. How is that not entertaining?

Your problem is that you' re expecting a story that rivals a good novel. Forget it. I can be entertained by a videogame movie by the sheer amusement of watching the directors, writters and actors try this impossible feat. Take at the Mario movie for example:

You have a plumber who fights giant lizards typically with the goal of saving a princess. The makers of the movie decided to instead of making a live acton version of the game (impossible), they gave a serious interpretation without being serious.

Strong points of the movie:
-It' s revealed that Luigi was adopted (I knew it!)
-Yoshi doesn' t have a head like a green Beach ball
-They managed to nabbed two world class actors Bob Hoskins and Dennis Hopper. Hoskins didn' t know Mario was a videogame character and Hopper probably need Coke money. So you have this shakesperian actor playing Mario and a coke head playing Koopa duke it out. It' s ***ing hilarious.
-Koopa is a dictator in a post apocalyptic setting
-real sets, not that CG shit we get today
-tons of references from the games
-World trade centers in ruin (pre 911)
-The badass old lady had me pissing my pants of laughter
-The Goombas....***ed up. Tiny heads on huge bodies. They look really convincing too.
-Daisy is sexy

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=9v51a3CnhSs&feature=related
Watch it again

Street fight:
Ok you have a bunch of characters with nothing in common (except for the two gay guys), and somhow they' re all related. Throw in a shit load of senseless violence and you get good times. At first I wondered why the main character focusted on Guile. Then I realise it was the excuse they needed to cast Van Damme. Say what you want about the man' s acting ability but there' s something great about watching a kickboxer dance.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=o4uq06fYl8U

Then he plays an obscure character from a videogame. Well I was amused.

< Message edited by agent ghost -- 12 Apr 08 7:14:56 >
Chimura

RE: Current Street Fighter Movie cast... - Apr 12, 2008 15:21

In all honesty, I enjoyed them too. Granted, I was 7 when they came out and I didn' t know any better, but the fact remains... I f.ucking loved those movies as a kid!

Now that I am older, I don' t like the SF movie, at all. But they had Raul Julia and he was awesome. And VanDamme kicks ass, it doesn' t matter how much of a crappy actor and crappy his movies are, he always offers some enjoyment. I have a soft spot for the Mario one though. Bob Hoskins was awesome as the movie Mario, and his sliding down the pipe with a mattress, surrounded by a bunch of babes is still one of my favorite comical parts.

And in all honesty, as much as they suck, who doesn' t enjoy making fun of Uwe' s films (or any videogame film for that matter)? I' ve only seen House of the Dead, but compared to that, SF and Mario are Oscar contenders

There are some good times to be had with these films, even if for all the wrong reasons
< Message edited by chimura -- 12 Apr 08 7:24:08 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message