Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MotorStorm Gameplay Video!!!!
C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
MotorStorm Gameplay Video!!!! - May 12, 2006 21:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lioM-VdrcCU&search=motor%20storm

not bad in my opinion. Long way to go to match last years e3 but I think it looks good.

not as shitty as some of you are making it sound, I think there is potential for a fun game. I was disappointed not to see mud flying onto the actual screen though. It seems kind of slow too I hope they speed up the gameplay
< Message edited by C*Dub -- 12 May 06 13:34:12 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: MotorStorm Gameplay Video!!!! - May 12, 2006 21:47
I am not really interested in this game, and wouldn' t be buying it if it looked incredible, however just to point out there is still a lot of work to be done... People are so quick to jump to 360 defence - It' s still got time to get better, same goes here... still i think the game looks incredibly boring.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: MotorStorm Gameplay Video!!!! - May 12, 2006 21:51
quick to jump to 360 defense?
You are quick to defenf a crappy looking ps2.5 game

Hello mr sonyfanboy!

bye!
C*Dub

RE: MotorStorm Gameplay Video!!!! - May 12, 2006 21:54
nothing he said made him sound like a sony fan boy he didn' t even say the game looked good. all he was saying was that the game has time to get better which is a true statement for all games on all systems

if anyone is a fanboy it is you for 360 or wii I dunno but with that comment you definatley have it out for sony.

LETS KEEP THIS POST STRICTLY TO OPINIONS ON THE FOOTAGE!!

thanks guys
< Message edited by C*Dub -- 12 May 06 13:56:57 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: MotorStorm Gameplay Video!!!! - May 12, 2006 21:56

nothing he said made him sound like a sony fan boy he didn' t even say the game looked good.

he comment 360 instead of talking abouyt the gameplay footage,which looks horrible,if that make me a xbox fanboy then feel free to call me that,cause it looks like a ps2.5 game in terms of visual and gameplay.

bye!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: MotorStorm Gameplay Video!!!! - May 12, 2006 22:02
No force feedback? A ripped off Xbox Live? A ripped off guid button on the controller? A ripped off tilt funtion?

Fuck Sony!

Their OS looks like a hi-res PSP menu...

...which would kinda make sense if they weren' t pitching the thing as the all singing all dancing answer to the worlds problems. There' s way too much wasted screen space there.

Using a PS2 controller that has awful analog sticks and the worst d-pad ever created, and simply making it wireless and sticking in a tilt function and a guide button is a joke. Then saying that force feedback is old gen is taking the piss out of YOU!

$600 for the " full" machine is outrageous, and it' s not even like you can upgrade the lower spec' d machine at a later date. It' s laughable!
C*Dub

RE: MotorStorm Gameplay Video!!!! - May 12, 2006 22:08
yall are only proving uumai assumption, and you act like I work for sony or somthing I don' t give a shit what you say about them all I was asking was if we could keep on topic if you want to bash sony go ahead make your own post and bash away I was just asking nicely if we could please stay on topic.

i am personally a wii fan out of all of them I just thought the game looked cool.
< Message edited by C*Dub -- 12 May 06 14:09:42 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: MotorStorm Gameplay Video!!!! - May 12, 2006 22:49
I agree it doesn' t look like much fun. Physics needs to be more responsive and overall it needs to be faster like you guys said. Add the mud flying everywhere and some powerslides, and it could be a vaguely fun game!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: MotorStorm Gameplay Video!!!! - May 13, 2006 00:46
If only the Flatout series was going next gen sooner. This reminds me of that game in a way. I loved that in Flatout tho that if yer car took hits the peices that fell off woudl remain thru out the race along with enviromental damage it made for a constantly changing race.

So ya this looks like a nice looking but stripped down Flatout game.
C*Dub

RE: MotorStorm Gameplay Video!!!! - May 13, 2006 00:58
whats the release date for flatout 2? I know its soon; or is it already out?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: MotorStorm Gameplay Video!!!! - May 13, 2006 01:02
I would like to talk about the Konix Multisystem from 1989 but since this thread is about Motorsport on the PS3, I should talk about that (unlike most people here).

It looks like it *might* be fun, but I was hoping for so much more than just another " race 3 laps and move on to the next race" gameplay. I am sick of that. I want races like Road Rash or the like where you just keep going and going and everything is new... no lame-ass laps. The game doesn' t really look next-gen at all, but it' s hard to tell from poor camcorder video compressed for the internet. The game is slow and once again Sony over estimated what the PS3 can do. However the game isn' t out yet so I' ll reserve final judgment for when it is. If it doesn' t come really close to matching last year' s video, then Sony will have lost most of my respect. I hate being lied to.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: MotorStorm Gameplay Video!!!! - May 13, 2006 04:28
this seems quite linear, from the trailer i was expecting a multi track course, go anywhere and try to find the fastest route. That seems like too much fun though, and this slow burnout rip will have to do. They still got time, and it isnt impossible...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll