Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word.
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 84
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 12, 2009 16:33
E fucking A.

To clarify, Brutal Legend's demo was fun, witty, and overall impressive. Sure it wasn't Unreal Engine graphics and such, but the fun was there. Tim Schafer makes good games, but sadly, not many people knew this, until EA picked him up.

Now you may be pondering, why is Danny on the EA cock today? Well, the reviews for Brutal Legend are starting to trickle in, and it's overwhelmingly positive. IGN gave it a 9, with IGN down under giving it a 9.3. You may also be wondering why I'm surprised, after all this is the guy who made Psychonauts. Well, the quality was almost a guarantee, but the sales is the point I'm getting to in a round-a-bout way.

Gamestop is doing a midnight launch for Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2(together). The significance of that is buzz, which along with the good reviews, should lead to good sales. That's the logic. Now at this point you're thinking, 'Danny, you annoying yet handsome fellow, what does this have to do with EA?'

EA Partners. EA has been quietly going from the House of Madden to one of, if not THE highest quality publisher in the industry. Looking at the studios they publish for, it's clear someone wants quality (Double Fine, Valve, BIOWARE, Harmonix). Along with publishing games from some of the (and in the case of Bioware and Valve, THE) best they've been improving their own games. Madden is actually adding new features, NFS has been improved (finally), Burnout is amazing per usual, Mercenaries was an enjoyable rent, and Battlefield remains the standard for large-scale FPS's.

So who's your favorite publisher and why?

While you guy's ponder that, I need to head back, the Bioware cock must be cold without me. Dragon Age drops Nov. 3 /plug

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 12, 2009 16:48
Why dont you want to discuss somethign in a dead forum, go away, im sleeping
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 12, 2009 16:56
"2 letters and 1 word"

"E fucking A"

That's nine letters and one word, damn it. All that Bioware cock-riding has fucked your arithmetical capabilities.

Brutal Legend is a maybe from me. I'm hot and cold on Jack Black, and the entire game's built round his personality...
immortaldanmx

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 12, 2009 20:55
Vx Chemical

Why dont you want to discuss somethign in a dead forum, go away, im sleeping

It's not dead, you're still here, my love :)

And Edwin, when you're on a cock as large as Bioware's it can addle your mind. From the demo, I saw it more as being built around one of Schafer's fucked up fantasies, not a pudgy unfunny fag.
<message edited by immortaldanmx on Oct 12, 2009 20:58>
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 12, 2009 21:33
The Brutal Legend demo blew me away, I wasn't expecting much from it but it was hilarious.  JB's obvious and genuine love for metal helps in the jokke stakes though (and yeah, I am a fan of his, especially Tenacious D).  Still not convinced I'll be picking it up right away, but only because Borderlands and Dragon's Age are coming out.

My favourite publisher is probably Capcom, but that's down to a lifetime of Street Fighter.  Bionick Commando was rubbish.  And screw you, Edwin, for encouraging me to buy it!
Edwin

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 12, 2009 23:02
Pfff, it's not my fault you're too simple to see through the cunningly worded bullshit of a callow southern nobjockey, Stuart. Did you rent it, or jump straight in?

The weird thing about Schafer is that he looks like an older, fatter, less photogenic Jack Black. Maybe Black's his unacknowledged lovechild, or something.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 13, 2009 07:50
Im picking up Brutal Legend on thursday, and im picking up Uncharted 2 tomorrow. And then ofcourse Ratchet and Clank whenever thats out, and Dragon Age in the next days after that,m and ofcourse Modern Warfare 2, and then the Sabotuer ind December.

This is a busy fall for me
immortaldanmx

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 14, 2009 00:14
Vx Chemical

Im picking up Brutal Legend on thursday, and im picking up Uncharted 2 tomorrow. And then ofcourse Ratchet and Clank whenever thats out, and Dragon Age in the next days after that,m and ofcourse Modern Warfare 2, and then the Sabotuer ind December.

This is a busy fall for me

That's what I'm thinking. Between Dragon Age on Nov 3 and MW2 on Nov 10, I might have to become a hermit. And I was completely sold on Borderlands before, but for some reason I've stopped caring after it was implied that the story is linear. Maybe that won't be the case, here's to hoping.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 14, 2009 06:55
I cannot stand Jack Black so I don't want to infect my system by even playing the demo.  Also, "E fucking A" doesn't really sum up the game.
Edwin

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 14, 2009 13:50
Double postage.
<message edited by Edwin on Oct 14, 2009 19:10>
Edwin

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 14, 2009 13:52
Going to a preview event for MW2 tomorrow. Anything you guys want me to ask about?
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 14, 2009 14:23
Same here, the Brutal Legend demo was fantastic, one of the few demos that have come out in recent memory that I actually went back and played more than once.

I agree with Immortal regarding Borderlands. I was pumped for this game for the longest time, but the vids that have come out lately for this game have just about lost my interest in the game entirely. This is one game that I believe would benefit a great deal if they release a demo.

Edwin, a question I would like you to ask at your event for MW2; what benefits do we have on Prestiging after we hit level 70 besides having to give up all of the weapons and perks we have just worked 70 levels unlocking?
immortaldanmx

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 14, 2009 18:24
Joe Redifer

I cannot stand Jack Black so I don't want to infect my system by even playing the demo.  Also, "E fucking A" doesn't really sum up the game.

I was referring to EA's as of late awesomeness. And I hate Jack Black, but the game isn't Jack Black funny, it's Tim Shafer funny.

Edwin
Going to a preview event for MW2 tomorrow. Anything you guys want me to ask about?

Personally, I would really like more mp details as well. I don't want to know about the story, too much has been ruined already, and the Spec Ops mode, while it sounds fun, isn't really the meat of the game. Specifically, more new weapons, how the perks balance, new modes, new perks, etc.
Edwin

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 14, 2009 19:09
I believe it's a multiplayer-heavy event so you may be in luck :)
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 14, 2009 20:21
immortaldanmx

Joe Redifer

I was referring to EA's as of late awesomeness. And I hate Jack Black, but the game isn't Jack Black funny, it's Tim Shafer funny.

Give JB some credit Dan, his voice talent is amazing in this game.  And funny.  I'd be surprised if he hasn't ad-libbed many of the lines too, he is a metal head.

Joe, it's worth your while to give it a blast.  Not the greatest depth I've ever seen in a game, but it's the funniest I've seen in a very long time.
Edwin

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 14, 2009 23:55
Merde, just checked the MW2 event details and it's a Spec Ops/single player affair. Bloody Infinity Ward. Well I shall do my utmost to get somebody talking about deathmatch.

No idea when the embargo will be, but the article's booked for the new sites like everything else, so it won't be live till at least end of October.
Joe Redifer

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 15, 2009 01:04
Alright I will try it just for shits and giggles.  I will post impressions after I have played the demo.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 15, 2009 05:50
Sounds like you've been playing it for a long time, as if you got it before release, as if you downloaded it.

It's funny every single time a major game is leaked on the internet someone from here pops up to review it, like it's not obvious where you got it from, it's also funny that no one has the balls to admit it, what am I gonna do call the FBI on you? 
Edwin

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 15, 2009 08:31
Who, me? I sure as hell haven't pirated nuffink. They put you in the stocks for that.
Joe Redifer

Re:Brutal Legend summed up in 2 letters and 1 word. - Oct 16, 2009 01:21
Tried the demo.  Wasn't impressed.  Turned off the game before finishing the demo due to boredom.  Characters are extremely lame.
Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 20 of 84

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message