Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 49
Max_chelsea

• Total Posts : 30
Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 04:52
It looks SWEET

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8622539507893074151&q=ghost+recon

(just copy and paste into your address bar)

Enjoy
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 05:02
Can' t say I was impressed to be honest.

For one i never really liked Ghost Recon. However the video... the player wasn' t very good (unless your always getting shot when you play). The character moving animation to me didn' t seem very good... Made me think of an army man figure. Also when the player moves into very dark shadowed areas there is no lighting difference to the character model...

Sorry,
Not impressed
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 05:13
there' s a video preview on IGN - it looks very nice
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 05:29
sux to know it comes next month,had bought my 360 next week if it had came then...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 05:39
first off, that game looked like it was on the steadiest shaky-cam i' ve ever seen which means that you can get the demo somewhere. garr. i don' t have it. the character models look good but there wasn' t any lighting variations on the character models. maybe that' s just a demo issue. they got rid of that annoying crosshair from gr1, i' m not sure if it' s in 2 or not, never played myself. but the one thing that really got me was the lack of teamyness in the demo. it seemed more along the lines of battlefield: Modern Combat, yeah, technically there' s two teams, but the only differenciating factor is that a certain group isn' t shooting eachother
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 05:43
Google Video is horrible and absolutely useless.

The best two places to get video for games (in HD), are here (Kikizo) and www.gametrailers.com

Advanced Warfighter is going to be brilliant! There are a lot of old and half finished gameplay videos lurking about so it' s best to try and find more recent stuff because big leads in framerate, detail and overall visual quality have been made since E3 and TGS.

Advanced Warfighter is gonna sell 360' s. That and Oblivion, are going to sell the next batch of 360' s (which will arrive just in time for these games). OMG, ...360 sells out AGAIN, Microsoft can' t supply the damand, 360 is sooooooo popular!!!!!

Bear in mind that IF they do managed to shift 4.5 million consoles by June then 360 becomes the fastest selling console yet.

It' s poker.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 07:07
I don' t think it' s possible - they can' t even produce enough to satisfy all those dissapointed " launch people" .

It won' t sell so good - even in the US I think - not in 2006.Still it' s something that can change in a month so It' s hard to foresee anything now.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 07:15
The newest preview video on IGN certainly shows off the game a little better then other trailers and stuff out there.

They announced a demo will come shortly before release. But, hell I dont need a demo to make me want this game. This will be an amazing game, maybe not for everyone. It will be hard to call this game average tho no matter who you are or what you like.
OptaviusX

• Total Posts : 26
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 07:52
Not impressed? Animations not good? You' ve got to be kidding this game is absolutely impressive in every sense of the word. I take it you must be waiting for the ps3 as I notice people that prefer another console dismiss everything regardless of how impresisve it is if it isn' t on their console of choice. Similar to how everyone says halo and halo 2 were both terrible games.

Even if you don' t like a console you gotta give credit where credit is due and this game is gorgeous

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/736/736206/vid_1406886.aspx

Check out that video and these are videos they can' t properly show how great this game will look on a 360, but come on that is impressive.

Look at this screenshot...

http://www.xboxfront.de/show_picture.php?rub=bilder&id=19707&name=Tom+Clancy%27s+Ghost+Recon+3%3A+Advanced+Warfighter

http://www.xboxfront.de/show_picture.php?rub=bilder&id=19699&name=Tom+Clancy%27s+Ghost+Recon+3%3A+Advanced+Warfighter

This game is truly next gen.

http://www.xboxfront.de/news-728-3061-Tom_Clancy_s_Ghost_Recon_3__Advanced_Warfighter.aspx

120 720p images for you to look at there this game is beautiful.
< Message edited by OptaviusX -- 15 Feb 06 23:55:59 >
Nitro

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 10:16
Easily your best post yet!

Excellent work with both the video and the HD screens!
uumai

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 16:16
Yeah I' , waiting for the ps3... i' ll probably get a 360 later on too... but really there are few games that interest me both on ps3 or 360 at this point. And im not impressed by GR:AW... honestly the only thing on next gen that has impressed me so far, was the far cry video with the waves on 360.

It obviously takes more for me to be impressed... MGS4 looked impressive, but i reserve judgement for that until it' s released or near to it. I find that due to HD games didn' t advance as much as I' d hoped, If games advanced like the videos sony showed off, I would be impressed with next gen... But gears of war looked nice too, hope they sorted the probs out with it... but i' ve not been following it.

Like i said the only game i' m looking forward to is alan wake. And besides, GR is not a game i enjoy, and that initial video was crap. I don' t know but what i said there was based mainly on that video, we are each entitled to our opinion, however, and i' m glad you like it.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 17:35
Well your not entitled to an opinion if its biased and wrong, which it seems like yours are. Yeah maybe you dont like GR games, but that doesnt make it look like crap. Maybe you should slowly wake up and see that next gen isnt leaps beyond what we saw last gen. It will be, just not yet.

GRAW is easily the best looking game scheduled for release in the nearest future!
uumai

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 18:26
Vx: idiot... sorry it' s about the best word to sum you up. Entitled to an opinion unless it' s bioased or wrong... To me your opinion is " wrong" so should you be allowed one? Do you see the idiocy of your post. My opinion is not the game is crap or looks crap, just that it doesn' t impress me you simple fool I said the video was crap, crap quality and from an early build no doubt, but FFS read the post, stop sniffing chemicals and accept my opinion for what it is, not everyone has to agree with you or others on this forum to be " right" .

Biased? I believe the games i mentioned as impressing me were accross platforms, MGS = ps3, Farcry = 360, add to that if you will project offset = pc/ possibly unknown next gen infact even VF5 for Akira' s Gi in itself.

Alan wake the only next gen game i am looking forward to is Multi- pc/360/ps3. So please, stfu

Opta: The screen shots were decent it doesn' t blow me away so im not impressed, The characters are pretty detailed though but especially in the first screen you gave the environment was pretty plain, the characters seem too good for the level area. Can' t be bothered with the newer vids, it' s not a game i am interested in so it' d be a waste of time, i just didnt think the animations were that great in that first vid.

< Message edited by uumai -- 16 Feb 06 10:32:31 >
Nitro

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 18:47
My guess is that you think alot about yourself uumai!

Alan Wake? Pah, how can you be looking forward to a game that so little is known about?

Now, ofcourse everyone' s entitled to an opinion, and ofcourse not everyone will be into Ghost Recon, but if you' re not prepared to watch the newer vids (WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT, ...you IDIOT!) then why even bother posting?

Ok, so you watched a video last year of a really early build of te game. Well that doesn' t give you an awful lot to talk about now does it? The game looks absolutely gorgeous, the animations are excellent and the environments are detailed.

Obviously you don' t base your opinions on fact.
uumai

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 19:11
How can i look forward to a game that so little is known about? not a valid comment, I know enough about it to look forward to it, it sounds like the type of game i want to play, something a little more than the same old angry people running around killing people

I was giving my opinion on the video this post was created about actually... majik

What fact is there when it comes to if " you" think this looks good. Because obviously people have different standards. Obviously i should come to a thread and give a negative statement about a post that is obviously going to be flooded by fanboys of this game.

So this is my last post for this thread..
I hope you all enjoy this game when it comes out and just not to be seen as wrong and make you all happy i' ll conform like a nice little sheep and say

" wow this game looks so awesome!!! It' s great!!! I can' t wait for the best next game on the best console ever.. this is truely amazing everyone play it and love it!!!!!!"

heh..
Nitro

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 19:25
Pah!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 20:32
I think that as far as Graphics are considered people have the right to expect more than GR from Next Gen systems.Seriously if I see a game that looks like a high end PC game (and it will be released on PC' s as well) with some really nice improvements - I' m a bit dissapointed.

I think the explosions look great, Character Animation is great but random civilians move just silly (PC-crap-style that I' ve been talking about lately).

The game is far ahead of anything on Xbox - sure but that' s what I take for granted.

Now I' m just talking about the graphics , because as much as I think all GR games were mediocre untill GR2 , this one seems to be the killer app 360 needs badly.

I' m really exited abut it , but it' s true - HD resolutions take a lot of power ,for many however it was a very important step.

Anyway you shouldn' t expect too much from this generation man - it' s not the last one , that' s for sure - there' s a lot to improve before we play games like killzone CG , but we' ll definitely play some gorgeous games soon - just you wait.

And I think you' ll change your mind when you play GR3 :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 16 Feb 06 12:39:34 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 21:30
Come on Umai. Stop being such a pissy little ant, if you cant take a little bashing you wont last long here.

Exageration to amplify meaning. Maybe you should clarify what you mean, by saying a video is crap, say the quality wasnt as good as you hoped for. Ofcourse your allowed to say you dont think the graphics looks good, but its still the best graphics out there right now. If i said i thought MGS4 looked like shit, and it was the poorest graphics out there, wouldnt you say i was out of my mind?

Now that you and Gangsta are so dissapointed with Next Gen, you should have set yourself realistic views, instead of having been caught up in the hype of the NEXT GEN. So now you should start expecting whats coming up, instead of already looking at the next next gen, as thats what it sounds like your looking for!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 22:18
you don' t read posts carefully.Just looking at them won' t do it.

I don' t know if anyone said it looks bad - but that would be bullshit no matter how you look at it.
Vx Chemical

RE: Has anyone seen the gameplay vids on GR:AW? - Feb 16, 2006 22:52
He said the video looked like crap, which i read wrong, but it wasnt clearly enough pointed out what he meant!
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message