Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GTA IV new preview
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
Asif

• Total Posts : 4
GTA IV new preview - Jan 19, 2008 01:03
Words are flying that new GTA IV online previews are coming soon. Would you please tell me on which date kikizo will be releasing the preview?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 19, 2008 01:47

Words are flying that new GTA IV online previews are coming soon. Would you please tell me on which date kikizo will be releasing the preview?

Would you please find a new forum.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 19, 2008 01:54

Would you please find a new forum.

Why`? He is as welcome as everyoen, he istn spamming, just asking a question, and sometimes Adam do pop in to answer them!
immortaldanmx

RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 19, 2008 02:09
So stupid questions are tolerated? Damnit, we need moar Channers on this board.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 19, 2008 02:46
It' s not a stupid question and of course Asif is welcome.

It could be as early as 23rd January or as late as 30th January, we won' t know until next week. It' s gonna be a big one.
Asif

• Total Posts : 4
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 19, 2008 03:01
Thank you very much for the confirmation, Adam. :D

I am assuming you are preparing it, like the previous two previews (May 25 and July 25). I am hopeful this one will once again top the previews from other sites. :)
< Message edited by Asif -- 18 Jan 08 19:14:21 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 19, 2008 03:22
damn embargos...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 19, 2008 03:39
Welcome to the forums Asif!
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 19, 2008 10:01

So stupid questions are tolerated? Damnit, we need moar Channers on this board.

Maybe you should take a break from these forums, dan. Your posts over the last three months or so have been a bunch of uninformative, unfunny insulting crap.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 19, 2008 12:32

Maybe you should take a break from these forums, dan. Your posts over the last three months or so have been a bunch of uninformative, unfunny insulting crap.

I hear that.
immortaldanmx

RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 20, 2008 01:48

Much like your entire life.

I hear that.

Go back to your fail, AIDs, and chicken, I' ll let you know whenever something you can understand is being discussed.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 20, 2008 01:58
Just dont be a jerk Dan, he was just asksing a question and rather politely at that. we dont need to scare people away before they get settled in!

I cant see how he did anything wrong!
immortaldanmx

RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 20, 2008 04:10
Actually, I misread his question. I thought he was asking about unannounced info on the game.

So, sorry to the new guy. Try not to fail as hard as most of the new people do
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 20, 2008 04:23

Yeah, try not to fail, ...be a winnar like dan!
immortaldanmx

RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 22, 2008 00:25
Silly Sith Lord, its winrar, not winnar.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 22, 2008 01:46

Go back to your fail, AIDs, and chicken, I' ll let you know whenever something you can understand is being discussed.

I know you can do better than that. Peace and Much Love to you.
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 21 Jan 08 19:59:12 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 22, 2008 01:50
yay the embargo is almost done with and soon that GTA preview will be up for all yaaaay
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 22, 2008 04:13
Dan, chill out. There' s no place for petty sh*t like that here, no less from someone who' s usually relatively level-headed.

Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 23, 2008 06:31

Dan, chill out. There' s no place for petty sh*t like that here, no less from someone who' s usually relatively level-headed.

Dan I am going to have to agree with Eddie, you seem like a good guy(I take talking to someone as proof over what they say on a forum), but I mean enough is enough. I highly suggest that you try and cool-off on posting or just on your posts.
< Message edited by Torr -- 22 Jan 08 22:32:30 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: GTA IV new preview - Jan 23, 2008 08:26
The topic is GTA. Can we please keep it that way?

From GAF...

- There will be five buroughs: Dukes (Queens), Bohan (the Bronx), Algonquin (Manhattan), Broker (Brooklyn), and Alderney (New Jersey). It has been confirmed you start the game out in Broker. No, Staten Island because R* feels the area is boring.

- The game will be much harder than past entries. The days where you walk up to any car and jack it are over, as are the days where you simply have to run to a pay and spray to get the heat off of you.

- While the game is not as big as San Andreas, it has more detail and R* is going for less wasted space.

- The police system has been entirely retooled. You will not instantly become wanted whenever you commit a crime now, even in public. If there are no cops around, and someone sees you, they will have to notify the police. It sounds extremely similar to The Warriors. When you commit a crime in public and the police are notified, a circular search area will appear on your radar. The fuzz will go on high alert. If you are outside of this area the cops will not be able to find you unless you commit another crime. If you are spotted in the circular area, the police will head to that location.

- You can trick police to get rid of wanted level. Since there' s no Pay and Sprays you must use other ways to get rid of wanted level: changing your clothes (especially if they are bloody); switching cars to confuse the police; running into someone' s house, out the back, and on to their fire escape etc...

- Many interiors are fully decorated and have been given a much bigger emphasis and importance.

- While the game does not have planes, it does have helicopters.

- Some cars are locked, so you will need to strategize escape routes more thoroughly this time. In order to unlock locked vehicles, breaking the window is necessary, as is hot wiring the car. Obviously, under a chase this will make things more hectic.

- Targeting system has been retooled. It has a Resident Evil 4/Gears of War like targeting system.

- Niko has a cell phone, which is essentially the start screen. With the cell phone, you can call any number that' s in the game, including mission leads, and various characters so you can learn more about them.

- Car trunks are now usable. It seems reasonable to conclude that now, the number of weapons you can carry is limited, and you will need to stuff your weapons in various locations, whether it be car trunks or dufflebags. Supposedly you can put bodies into car trunks as well.

- Missions are far more dynamic now and have a different structure. Many missions start at specific times now, similarly to Shenmue. If a train leaves at 10:00 am and you arrive at 10:01 am, you fail the mission. Missions also happen on specific days. If it' s Monday, sometimes you will have a mission that starts on Wednesday. You can obviously do other missions in between or come up with a plan in advance.

- Missions have been completely retooled. Now, you do not have a giant arrow over someone' s head if they are your target. Let' s say you have to kill a target, but he' s surrounded by a group of people. You do not know who is who. You can handle this in multiple ways. You can find out his phone number, call him up, see if he responds, and kill him; or you can simply go up to the entire group and kill all of them. The choice is up to you. Of course, if you do the latter choice, your boss may be pissed off...

- Depending on how well and what you do during missions, you can form relationships with your bosses and clients. If you do good, kill your targets discreetly, you will have a good relationship. If you do things in plain sight, without using your brains, your boss will most likely hate you and break all contact. It sounds like a great evolution on GTA2' s fun, but not exactly deep, respect system.

- Maintaining character relationships can result in specific rewards. Little Jacob is the guy who sells you weapons. Your relationship is maintained through phone contact and loyalty. If you boost up his relationship, perhaps he gives you better weapons?

- Trip skip feature from Vice City and Vice City Stories is back, thankfully. Now you can even use cabs to drive you pretty much anywhere you want apparently.

- You do not get weapons from Ammunation any more. Ammunation will most likely not be in the new game.

- As the third trailer hinted, before you gain any sort of weapon, you' re going to be using your fists. More emphasis on hand to hand combat will be in GTAIV.

- Beware night time in certain Burroughs, as you may get jumped by random gangsters and the freaks of Liberty. You can get robbed.

- There is now a GPS.

- People will react to your weapons. So if you have an rpg out, they will obviously go batshit, which will cause attention to you.

- You can push people off of buildings.

- As the third trailer showed, there is now an emphasis on cover.

- Girlfriends are returning. No word on whether R* will make them funner than last time they appeared.

- The internet is a feature in the game. How this will affect gameplay is unknown but Rockstar promises it will be crucial to the gameplay.

- The game will NOT, THANK GOD, place emphasis on territory or gaining territory.

- The days where you carry millions of cash on you are over. You can now use atms or go to the bank to deposit or withdraw funds. Sounds pretty similar to Dragon Quest. Maybe when you die or get busted, you lose half of your funds.

- It seems getting busted may have bigger consequences than simply losing your money and a little cash this time. Many people think this means you may end up going to jail every time you get busted, but that' s just mindless speculation at this point. Honestly, that wouldn' t be very fun.

- You can now shoot different body parts and your victim will react realistically depending where he has been hit.

- Rockstar will use the Euphoria Engine, known from " Star Wars: The Force unleashed" . Result: Every Explosion looks different.

- Enemies that have been hit may still try to get up again and attack you.

- Pedestrians have a memory. They remember your face when they saw you doing a criminal act and run away in terror whenever they see you again.

- The multiplayer will be activated via the cell phone. Nothing is known about the multiplayer modes except that there will be up to 16 players possible.

...first previews should be up tomorrow.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message