Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan)
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 09, 2007 16:52

NEW PLAYSTATION®3 (CECHH00 SERIES) COMES IN TWO COLOR
VARIATIONS AT A NEW PRICE

New PS3 with 40GB HDD to become available at 39,980 Yen on November 11th, 2007 Along With DUALSHOCK®3 at 5,500 Yen

Tokyo, October 9, 2007– Sony Computer Entertainment Japan (SCEJ), a division of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) responsible for business operations in Japan, today announced that it would launch a new PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) model in Japan on November 11th at a recommended retail price of 39,980 yen (including tax). The new PS3 is equipped with a 40GB hard disk drive (HDD) and comes in two color variations of “Clear Black” and newly introduced “Ceramic White” to meet a variety of users’ lifestyle and preferences. Along with the introduction of the new model, the company also announced that effective October 17th, 20GB HDD and 60GB HDD models currently available in the market will have a recommended retail price of 44,980 yen and 54,980 yen (including tax) respectively.

Moreover, DUALSHOCK®3 Wireless Controller which was revealed at Tokyo Game Show, will become available in the Japanese market on November 11th in two colors of “Black” and “Ceramic White” at a recommended retail price of 5,500 yen including tax.

While holding the state-of-the-art technologies which define PS3 as an advanced platform to enjoy next generation interactive entertainment contents on Blu-ray Disc as well as via broadband network at home, new PS3 comes in the market at a highly attractive price. Reflecting both the increased efforts to improve software development environment and the availability of a more extensive line-up of PS3 specific titles, the new PS3 will no longer play PlayStation®2 titles.

On the software front, more than 40 disc based software titles for PS3 as well as more than 30 of downloadable new PS3 games and demos via PLAYSTATION®Store in Japan have been released to date in the Japanese market since the system’s launch in November 2006 and more innovative and exciting new titles are expected to be released toward the holiday season, which include “Dynasty Warriors 6” (KOEI Co., Ltd.), “WORLD SOCCER Winning Eleven 2008” (Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.), and “TIME CRISIS 4 with GUNCON3” (NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc.) as well as key upcoming first-party titles such as “GRAN TURISMO 5 Prologue”, “Ratchet and Clank FUTURE:Tools of Destruction” and “Heavenly Sword”.

Additionally, in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment(Japan)Inc., SCEJ will give a complimentary copy of the original Blu-ray Disc movie, “Spider-Man™ 3”, to 200,000 purchasers of the 20GB HDD and 60GB HDD models that are currently available in the market from October 17th as well as new PS3 from November 11th as part of its marketing campaign.

SCEJ will continue to further expand the PS3 platform and create a new world of computer entertainment with innovative and exciting new titles and an enhanced line-up of PS3 systems.

LINK

These are from 05 i think:

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 09, 2007 17:06
that white playstation is delicious!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 09, 2007 17:22
Fugly.

Why even make a console in any colour besides black? Black beats everything everytime. If you disagree, you' re wrong.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 10, 2007 03:20
I have to agree... I even considered buying the " Sega Sports" edition of the Dreamcast just because it was black, like all other Sega consoles.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 10, 2007 04:13
Pure.... sex....

Oh, and here' s some direct-converted numbers too, for those who care.

PLAYSTATION 3 20GB - $384 USD
PLAYSTATION 3 40GB - $341 USD
PLAYSTATION 3 60GB - $469 USD
DUALSHOCK 3 CONT. - $47 USD
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 10, 2007 06:53
I prefer black.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 10, 2007 08:06
What about a pink one for the pimps. I just looking out for the pimps. It’s always hard for a pimp.

I not a pimp but if I was I would feel disrespected.
< Message edited by Mikayd2 -- 10 Oct 07 0:08:37 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 10, 2007 08:30
Damn! If I didn' t already own an import unit I would SOO get the ceramic white " PStriple"
Vx Chemical

RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 10, 2007 15:17
If i was a girl id go for a pink PS3, but im not. White is cooler! black is so standard!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 10, 2007 17:37
Hmm when I get the PSizzle Trizzle, I' ll most likely get get the dark one. The white one reminds me to much of a Dalmation, most ly the controller, and for some reason I hate Dalmations. It also reminds me of cookie dough ice cream and that pisses me off since I love that ice cream flavor but cant get ahold of any rigth now.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 10 Oct 07 9:42:07 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 10, 2007 17:40

I preferred that photoshopped red one, when' s that out?
gamer4eva

• Total Posts : 104
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 11, 2007 01:14
It' s pretty clear that the PS3 is a disaster. They are literally reaching into the box, ripping out peices of hardware and throwing them in the bin - and less than a year after launch.

It' s funny to look back at the PS3 as it appeared at E3 2005, with its umpteen USB ports, dual dvi output, and claims of massive hardware superioirity. Ever since then they' ve been involved in warp-speed backpeddle and feature-amputation. By E3 2006 and the $599 pricepoint, the enorminity of Sony' s delusion about what their games console was supposed to be able to acheive was becoming clear.

Online distribution was supposed to be key for this generation, yet while MS are expaning HD sizes, Sony are chopping them back for what can only be minisuclue savings (and when you starting installing BR games, 40GB ain' t going to last you long). I bet they are wishing they hadn' t put a HDD in the PS3. You have to wonder about Sony' s long term strategy for the PS3 - this latest move reeks of a confidence crisis in the platform, and a company already planning its bail out strategy. The PS3 will always cost more to manufacture than the 360 (and the Wii) and will always struggle with multiplatform games due to its GPU.

Sony look to be preparing themselves for weathering the next few years as best they can (slashing costs and bolstering their internal studios) with the hope that they can do better next generation.

It' s all going so very " Saturn" !
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 11, 2007 01:40
edit: forgot to add the quote

It' s pretty clear that the PS3 is a disaster. They are literally reaching into the box, ripping out peices of hardware and throwing them in the bin - and less than a year after launch.

It' s funny to look back at the PS3 as it appeared at E3 2005, with its umpteen USB ports, dual dvi output, and claims of massive hardware superioirity. Ever since then they' ve been involved in warp-speed backpeddle and feature-amputation. By E3 2006 and the $599 pricepoint, the enorminity of Sony' s delusion about what their games console was supposed to be able to acheive was becoming clear.

Online distribution was supposed to be key for this generation, yet while MS are expaning HD sizes, Sony are chopping them back for what can only be minisuclue savings (and when you starting installing BR games, 40GB ain' t going to last you long). I bet they are wishing they hadn' t put a HDD in the PS3. You have to wonder about Sony' s long term strategy for the PS3 - this latest move reeks of a confidence crisis in the platform, and a company already planning its bail out strategy. The PS3 will always cost more to manufacture than the 360 (and the Wii) and will always struggle with multiplatform games due to its GPU.

Sony look to be preparing themselves for weathering the next few years as best they can (slashing costs and bolstering their internal studios) with the hope that they can do better next generation.

Or, lets look at it from the prespective of an intelligent critic. When the ps3 came out, many said that it had many features that the average(mainstream) consumer didn' t want. Critics said that these things would raise the cost too much, while not offering enough of a compelling reason to spend the extra money just to have these features, and thus, reflecting in poor sales. Sony didn' t listen, and decided to go with the hardcore SKU, and dropped the less hardcore model, though even it was pricey.

It would appear they have decided to listen to the advice of the critics, and alo look at what is making the other consoles sell. With the 360, its a reasonable price, and a great games selection. With the wii, its basically all about the price, and the fad. So, Sony can' t get to the Wii price, and they can' t get the sales of the impulse buyer because Sony, and the playstation brand is old and not the " cool" thing to buy.

Your criticism of the HD size is laughable. Of everyone I know with a 360, none have the elite, only I do, and I don' t really need the HD space on it. Even filling up my ps3 with a ton of videos, music, demos, and saves, I' m still left with 17gigs left(60gigmodel), and I could easily delete 20gigs of demos I don' t use. Add in the fact that the ps3 can have a new laptop HD slapped in for $80, and that will give you 140gigs, there is no problem.

To say MS is upgrading HD sizes is cleary uninformed. The new Halo edition is a 20gig model with graphics on it. All the new 360' s with the 65nm process and HDMI port are 20gig models. MS offers a 120gb elite edition, and Sony provides an 80gb model. The two are close enough to be considered the ' hardcore" models for each brand, and each offer more than enough room for DL content.
< Message edited by Dagashi -- 10 Oct 07 17:41:50 >
gamer4eva

• Total Posts : 104
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 11, 2007 02:08

Your criticism of the HD size is laughable. Of everyone I know with a 360, none have the elite, only I do, and I don' t really need the HD space on it.

360 games don' t require Gigs HD space like most PS3 games. So no need for the laughable comparison.

Even filling up my ps3 with a ton of videos, music, demos, and saves, I' m still left with 17gigs left(60gigmodel), and I could easily delete 20gigs of demos I don' t use.

There you have have it Everyrything, everything apart from Games filling up your HD space.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 11, 2007 02:21

That' s more like a compliment than criticism to me
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 11, 2007 02:45

There you have have it Everyrything, everything apart from Games filling up your HD space.

Ohhhh, I get it, you fancy yourself and Xbot.

Well, if it' s games you want, how about Super Stardust HD, Tekken HD, Warhawk, Calling all Cars, Flow, Gran Turismo HD, and Blast Factor(admittedly a poor game). All downloaded and on my HD with room to spare.

Don' t try and deny it, you will find very few people on this forum who hate on the ps3, and don' t admit it has its merits. If you can' t afford a ps3, or can' t justify buying multiple consoles then so be it, but don' t go justifying it to yourself by pretending one of them is bad.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 11, 2007 03:46

It' s pretty clear that the PS3 is a disaster.

Erm... decidedly not.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 11, 2007 06:30
I love my PS3 It rocks. I got a xbox 360 and I still dont really like the thing. But hey I love having all 3 systems. I anit missing out on nuttin. Oh yeah halo3 is the shit a little slow but still very fun.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 11, 2007 12:22

If they took out half the shit in the PS3, Wii would still not even come close.
Vx Chemical

RE: Ceramic White PS3 + Dual Shock 3 (November 11th in Japan) - Oct 11, 2007 16:14
The PS3 will be great soon, when there are a bit more games, right now there really isnt anything id consider, but its going to change soon!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message