Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crysis - Halo for Adults
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Crysis - Halo for Adults - Dec 23, 2007 13:26
Re-purposed thread...

I' ve been thinking (dangerous i know)... why didn' t Crytek position Crysis as Halo for grown ups? It would have probably sold better...

Dorothy once said " ...I' ve got the feeling we' re not in Kansas anymore..." - well if Far Cry was Kansas, Crysis is definitey the Land of Oz. I don' t want to spoil too much, ...i get the feeling that there are only a couple of us playing this right now, and that many of you guys will be planning to play it a little further down the line. I guess it doesn' t help that it' s almost impossible to play the game on it' s highest listed settings at a reasonable framerate right now. It won' t be until the next generation of videocards that the game really comes into it' s own and it' s suspected that there are ' Ultra' settings that can' t yet be accessed. Something tells me that some assets that had been present in the demo never actually made it into the retail version and will be made available as some sort of graphical upgrade package in the future.

Anyhoo, i penned the game all wrong. Not only is it vastly different to Far Cry, it' s also the best FPS i' ve ever played and a game that simply shouldnt be missed.

EDIT: Removed the re-sized screens while i upload the original 1680 x 1050 images...

< Message edited by nitro -- 23 Dec 07 14:13:58 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message