Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Revolution (N5) in November!!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Revolution (N5) in November!!! - Jan 19, 2006 09:46
It' s been confirmed by Iwata that Revolution will be released in November 2006. Nintendo expect the console to be shown in fully working form at E3 in May.

If Sony don' t make Spring, they' re gone...
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Revolution (N5) in November!!! - Jan 19, 2006 10:00
The next-gen wars in territories other than Japan is going to be VERY VERY interesting, especially seeing how Sony will fare this time around.. With the mindshare and momentum they have I have no real doubts that they' ll squeeze out another win BUT I get the feeling that it will be by the skin of their teeth. They' re not going to have a significant head start on the competition like they did this gen. The Xbox 360 has already launched and building up marketshare worldwide. Microsoft is hungry. Like the song " Hunger" from The Transformers: The movie, They want it so bad they can taste it ;)...

Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 is no threat in Japan, so it' s all up to Nintendo.. Other territories I believe are up for grabs.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 19 Jan 06 18:01:30 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Revolution (N5) in November!!! - Jan 19, 2006 10:03
i think sony will still rule the console world even it the PS3 was released late 2006/ early 2007..

I would love to see nintendo do a DS and totally dominate Sony with the Revolution but there are far too many Sony (fashion-accessory) fans out there to make this happen.

I know for sure Rev will get the most original and refreshing gaming experiences, its hardware is made for this.. i just fell even with a advantage start and being cheap it still wont compete with Sony saleswise..

I REALLY hope im wrong as i feel Sony are doing very little in bringing gaming forward and have to much control when it comes to insighting brainwhashed followers on what the futuer of gaming is all about...

Cant knock MS as much cos atlease they are pushing the ' online' (LIVE) side of things..
Nitro

RE: Revolution (N5) in November!!! - Jan 19, 2006 10:12
Well when it finally transpires that Sony have decided NOT to compete as we would all like them too, and instead focus on PS3 as a multi-media device that plays some games, rather than a dedicated games machine, ...allow me a little dance!

Do you realise just how much money they would stand to make if Blu-Ray is as successful as DVD?! If Sony can dominate the home movie market and make Blu-Ray work then they stand to make more money from people buying films than they do games.

PS3 will undoubtedly be a games console, but i think that it' s more a way to get an affordable Blu-Ray player into as many homes as possible. I also think that the expected price for Blu-Ray specific players ($1600-1800) is a ploy.

Just my thoughts.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Revolution (N5) in November!!! - Jan 19, 2006 18:02
Sony wont be finished, it takes two failed consoles to spell dissaster, Sega Saturn, and Dreamcast destroyed Sega.

I dont think they will fail., depending on the pricing and marketing, they could get out with the biggest market share again, but it will be close, very close!
Nitro

RE: Revolution (N5) in November!!! - Jan 19, 2006 21:34
No, it only took 2 failed consoles in Sega' s case.

My point though is that i seriously doubt Sony intend to compete using PS3 as a dedicated games machine.

They know that having virtually total control over the home video market they will make more money than they will with games, and since there' s no way that they can launch PS3 at less than $500 without losing money on every console they sell, i don' t think it' s too far fetched.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll