Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Superhero 2 (SCI FI)
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
Superhero 2 (SCI FI) - Jun 30, 2007 05:00
What' s up, Kikizo peeps??

Did any of you guys catch that show on the Sci Fi channel last season, Who Wants to be a Superhero?? Contestants competed with their self-designed superhero persona' s...and Stan Lee cut-down-the-field until this guy' s character Feedback won!!

It was really good, I thought! I mean there are soo many " reality" shows out there that do the same thing all of the time...this was very refreshing.

And, as the winner...Feedback' s is going to be immortalized in a Stan Lee comic book coming out next month!!?!

There' s more info on the show here: www.agentthunderbolt.com

If you guys were on the show, what kind of superhero would you try out as??

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Superhero 2 (SCI FI) - Jun 30, 2007 06:22
Is there going to be a second season?
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Superhero 2 (SCI FI) - Jun 30, 2007 08:27

Is there going to be a second season?

Yes they are and I thought the first was really silly and am not looking forward to this one.

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Superhero 2 (SCI FI) - Jun 30, 2007 10:10

Yes they are and I thought the first was really silly and am not looking forward to this one.

I saw some of it, I thought it was kind of stupid the way the series went. They got voted off for retarded reasons.
Torr

RE: Superhero 2 (SCI FI) - Jun 30, 2007 14:36
I agree it almost had a shot but the way they made everything cg and picked really stupid superheroes(i.e the chick that ate for her power) and it was so obviously scripted I couldn' t watch more than one episode. Admitedly I hate pretty much hate all reality shows and this one was no exception. But on the other hand I am looking forward to the new season of Eureka the first season was great and I highly suggest you watch it. I lots of time would rather be on the web than watching tv but it is one of the few shows I am addicted to(the other isThe 4400).

alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Superhero 2 (SCI FI) - Jun 30, 2007 17:01
Hero' s pwns all
Eastwood

RE: Superhero 2 (SCI FI) - Jul 04, 2007 02:57
Yeah, Torr...Reality shows can be iffy...

But I thought Superhero was refreshing in the sense that it was unlike any other formulaic reality show...and they left the axing-decisions up to Stan-THE MAN-Lee!!!

I mean really, do comic book authors get any better? I' ll always remember him from the Saturday morning Marvel cartoons as a kid. It was so cool to see him animated in the Spiderman cartoon, and I think he’s even better on this show!

Imagine being selected by Stan Lee to work on and improve your very own Superhero persona…that would be amazing.
Torr

RE: Superhero 2 (SCI FI) - Jul 04, 2007 04:24

Hero' s pwns all

I most definately agree I am very disapointed that it is done (for now) and can' t wait till the next season.

But I thought Superhero was refreshing in the sense that it was unlike any other formulaic reality show...and they left the axing-decisions up to Stan-THE MAN-Lee!!!

I agree that I loved being able to see Stan the man but I believe that he has sold out(i.e all the crappy marvel movies) and so I am majorly disappointed that he has sunk so low. My biggest problem was the amount of just idiotic superheroes and I feel it is not helping the scifi genre when the channel that is it' s flagship airs crap like this. Usually I like Scifi but this is just really stupid(I will admit that most of their scifi original movies are atrocious but earttsea was not bad).

Eastwood

RE: Superhero 2 (SCI FI) - Jul 06, 2007 23:49
Hmm, yeah...

Well, I' m just glad that Stan is still up-and-about doing his thing!!! And, I think its kind of cool that Stan and SCI FI can have fun with themselves and the genre with this show.

Apparently, they visited 8 cities in search of the superhero contestants this time around, so the auditions show is bound to be HILARIOUS!

I’m also curious to see if I recognize anyone trying out for the show! If I do, then they are sooo busted.

Can’t wait for this to start up in July...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Superhero 2 (SCI FI) - Jul 07, 2007 10:33

I am looking forward to the new season of Eureka

I could have sworn that got binned. Was that a SciFi network aquisition? The one about the weird town?

Correction: It' s not getting cancelled. Dunno why I thought that.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 7 Jul 07 15:14:44 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Superhero 2 (SCI FI) - Jul 07, 2007 16:34
I watched the first episode and though it was utter sh!te, couldn' t believe something like that would ever even get thought of....
Eastwood

RE: Superhero 2 (SCI FI) - Jul 12, 2007 08:59
Ha ha...

The first episode is what actually got me to watch the rest!!

That dude Major Victory was so nut-so...I had to watch until he either won...or was kicked-off...little did I know that as one of the finalists...that would have me watching the entire 1st season!!?! Ha ha...

This time around should be better though...check out this article:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=42391
Eastwood

RE: Superhero 2 (SCI FI) - Jul 22, 2007 00:08
Those two hotties on the show will keep me watchin' this season as well...

Did you guys see Ms. Limelight and Basura?

Cuties!!!
Eastwood

RE: Superhero 2 (SCI FI) - Jul 28, 2007 01:27
So did anyone check out the premiere?

Now that I got a better look at Limelight and Basura...they aren' t as hot as the photoshopped pics on the website, portray...BUT...there is still the new costume/transformation ep. to come...so, I think they' ll turn around...

Kinda glad the rainbow-bright, braid chick got the boot, tho...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll