Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 More Evidence Next-Gen Games Will Cost Gamers More $$...
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
More Evidence Next-Gen Games Will Cost Gamers More $$... - Feb 17, 2005 08:57
In an article about next-gen Activision games, pricing for specific titles was listed.

And, guess what? For the most part, prices will be increased.

To read the article, just click here.

I' d say " Happy reading" , but this isn' t such good news...
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 17 Feb 05 16:57:38 >
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: More Evidence Next-Gen Games Will Cost Gamers More $$... - Feb 17, 2005 11:10
It does make sense though. With developement costs likely to be higher and with a much smaller initial user base charging an extra $10 does make sense. In addition with the new hardware being expensive, it tends to be the richer people who will be far more prepared to pay a premium for games who will have the hardware. You also have to take into account that a number of game publishers are either Japanese or European and the weak US$ against their currency isn' t helping their bottom line.

Anyhow surely you remember the 16bit days? Street Fighter II on the SNES cost £65 back in 1992/1993. Add inflation and that equates to over £100, or US$200. See, even with a slight increase in price, things are far better than they were back then.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: More Evidence Next-Gen Games Will Cost Gamers More $$... - Feb 17, 2005 15:49
and games should be of better quailty too.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: More Evidence Next-Gen Games Will Cost Gamers More $$... - Feb 18, 2005 04:23

You also have to take into account that a number of game publishers are either Japanese or European and the weak US$ against their currency isn' t helping their bottom line.

I obviously hadn' t considered the currency rates...excellent point, Gossi_the_dog!
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: More Evidence Next-Gen Games Will Cost Gamers More $$... - Feb 18, 2005 16:51
Well your average game in the UK on release is £40... that is $80 to you and me. So $60 for a next gen game would be £30 though they' ll probably just keep it at £40 I should hope, £50 at launch the most I should think. I just hope the consoles themselves don' t cost the earth. I plan to own them all.
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: More Evidence Next-Gen Games Will Cost Gamers More $$... - Feb 18, 2005 19:08
I don' t see next generation games costing £50 apiece. It' s too much. If prices do increase it will be by no more than £5 to bring the price up to £44.99. As for the hardware I' d expect prices to be relatively high, somewhere between £200 and £300.
Fragus_Maximus

• Total Posts : 156
RE: More Evidence Next-Gen Games Will Cost Gamers More $$... - Mar 05, 2005 20:12
I think this is a bad omen....if u look back there was a time where games cost about $70, then went down to $60, and are currently priced at $50. This could be a sign that there about to spike up again.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll