Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 04:55
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 05:22
Graphic-wise it looks like Doom 3. Gameplay is what I expected.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 05:25
Just the sight of it being played shakes away a lot of naysayers.

As for the game itself... How the hell can it be judged by a few seconds of shacky cam?

Here' s hoping for more info at E3.
< Message edited by killemoff -- 5 Jun 08 21:26:26 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 05:35
Nobody ever doubted it' s existence in some form. We' ve been getting random media smatterings of the game in it' s different iterations since 2001

My thoughts? The game looks awful. " Forever" ' s visuals may have been acceptable in 2005/2006, but again and again, 3D Realms is living testament to the fact that the industry moves on, whether you do or not.

Because of the distance between sequels, 3D Realms simply can' t afford to be " as good" as the original titles. First-person shooters have come so far in the past ten years, that to simply emulate a " vintage experience" won' t be enough.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 5 Jun 08 21:39:43 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 05:56

Graphic-wise it looks like Doom 3. Gameplay is what I expected.

from that video it could look as much like Killzone 2 as it could Doom 3
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 06:23

Either my eyes need checked or you need to clean your monitor.

EDIT: I went back and watched it again, and to me, it looks like Doom 3 with better looking environments.
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 5 Jun 08 22:26:07 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 06:38

It doesn' t matter if it was 1080p direct footage. It still looks like ass in it' s current form.

You can see a distinct lack of quality in the hands and the guns, and while the environments are rather blurry, they look none to inspired.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 07:01
The game looks fine, and it would make a huge difference if it was 1080p direct footage. Having a picture of a video feed is going to be shit no matter what.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4052/crysis2007091517020426xg4.jpg
1280x720

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/10/crysis_hardware.jpg
some lesser resolution

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c255/PhotoBvcket/Crysis2007-10-2715-44-22-25.jpg
and you really can' t judge the graphics of an entire game based on some random photo.
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 08:19
I somehow doubt that is DNF....

I' d say fake, that' s my opinion. Looks more like a very good mod, only because if they really had DNF they would have made more footage than that sh** heap jsut to make it more legit...
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 11:48

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

...and you really can' t judge the graphics of an entire game based on some random photo.

Hahaha! You DO relize this is Kikizo, don' t you?! These muthafuckers will judge a game based on one pixel!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 11:50
Yeah wut fuckers.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 12:29
I' ll stand by my original statement. If it were Crytek, I would give them the benefit of the doubt. If it were Infinity Ward, I would give them the benefit of the doubt. If it were DICE I would give them the benefit of the doubt... but it' s 3D Realms. They' re not known for their works of graphical prowess.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 14:08
Duke Nukem 3D had the best graphics of it' s time until quake came out.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 16:41
Duke Nukem is all about humor, fun game play, and strippers! Some people just can' t handle the truth!

I reserve judgment, as always, until the product is in hand.
Vx Chemical

RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 16:58

I' ll stand by my original statement. If it were Crytek, I would give them the benefit of the doubt. If it were Infinity Ward, I would give them the benefit of the doubt. If it were DICE I would give them the benefit of the doubt... but it' s 3D Realms. They' re not known for their works of graphical prowess.

3d Reamls makes good games. Crytek made only one good game as far as im concerned and thats Crysis.

Dice are a one hit monkey, same game new package everytime, we' ll see how they fair when they release Mirror' s Edge, everything they made is standing in the shadow of 1942.

Given they havent realease anything in ages, they' ve still had their hands on plenty of good titles, they co developed Max Payne, and that by it self is enough to warrant a purchase.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 17:57

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Dice are a one hit monkey, same game new package everytime, we' ll see how they fair when they release Mirror' s Edge, everything they made is standing in the shadow of 1942.

Midtown Madness 3
Rallisport Challenge
Rallisport Challenge 2

Vx Chemical

RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 18:25

Midtown Madness 3
Rallisport Challenge
Rallisport Challenge 2

I have a tendency to disregard racing games as real games, sorry about that. Some people like em!

To be fair though, Rally Sports was a good game and i owned it at the launch of the first xbox.

In anycase, EA' s had them making battlefield games for so long im not sure they know anything else by now.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Holy sh*t, someone got to play Duke Nukem Forever and recorded it. - Jun 06, 2008 22:04
Rallisport Challenge 1 & 2 imo are the best racers of all time. Going down a ice road in the dark at 80+mph and running into a tree that pops up out of nowhere loosing all your head lights and knowing no you have another 5 miles to go while only being able to see 5 feet in front of you was the most intense stuff ever in a racing game. I covet those games.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll