Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 DEAD SPACE [Now w/ Trailer]
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
DEAD SPACE [Now w/ Trailer] - Sep 20, 2007 12:48
So EA decided to break away from its usual play it safe style and drop a hefty load of cash on a totally new IP. An internal team at EA first bought the idea up about a year ago and was just as surprised to get the greenlight from the then president of EA. Not only that EA wants to turn this into a massive franchise from graphics novels to possible sequals and eventually a movie as well. However the focus in on this new game first and formost.

After reading all about it in the recent Game Informer it sounds great. The screens are all in a 3rd person perspective similar to RE4 so it looks like it wants to head right in and take the big daddy of survival horror head on. And I think it has a huge chance in doing so as long as EA lets this team do what they want and how that want.

I' ll try and get scans up soon or ar least look for some that may be up already. Im sure im not the only one with game informer so hopefully someone who can actually write can give there impressions form the article and detail it more that I ever could.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 27 Oct 07 19:57:43 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: DEAD SPACE - Sep 20, 2007 16:39
I heard about this a while back. It' s a sci-fi horror set in space right? What was described to me sounded an awful lot like a cross between RE4 and System Shock 2. I never really thought anything would come of it...

Saying that, EA are making huge changes to their business model. Reinventing themselves if you will. I have a feeling that they' ll come out of this gen with far more critical acclaim and respect than they did the last.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: DEAD SPACE - Sep 20, 2007 17:06
Maybe Peter Moore is up to no good over there ;)

It would be cool if they moved away from tried and true! they have tne money to do epic stuff
Mass X

RE: DEAD SPACE - Oct 28, 2007 03:57
Debut Trailer Here

Maybe I shall scan and post the Game Informer article later as well.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 27 Oct 07 19:58:07 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: DEAD SPACE [Now w/ Trailer] - Oct 28, 2007 06:06

Saying that, EA are making huge changes to their business model. Reinventing themselves if you will. I have a feeling that they' ll come out of this gen with far more critical acclaim and respect than they did the last.

Yeah I like what' s happening with EA, in perticular the way they' re managing themselves in smaller chunks.

Dead Space looks decent.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 27 Oct 07 22:07:18 >
Vx Chemical

RE: DEAD SPACE [Now w/ Trailer] - Oct 28, 2007 14:02
im still not comftable with EA in control of Bungie. They also just did a downsize to maximize profits in EA mythic.
Mass X

RE: DEAD SPACE [Now w/ Trailer] - Oct 28, 2007 14:43
Well Im pretty sure you meant Bioware but we will forgive you.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: DEAD SPACE - Oct 28, 2007 14:48

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Maybe Peter Moore is up to no good over there ;)

isn' t peter moore in charge of only ea sports ?
Vx Chemical

RE: DEAD SPACE [Now w/ Trailer] - Oct 28, 2007 15:11

isn' t peter moore in charge of only ea sports ?
'

yeah its an old thread :P

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread