Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Well I learnt a couple things today
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Well I learnt a couple things today - Nov 24, 2005 17:28
I decided to really explore the 360 today since I had most of the day to myself. For starters I registered my system online (don' t forget).

Then I decided to play some Amped 3. It' s pretty fun so far, I' m still learning all the ins and outs. After playing for a little bit I finally got some Gamerscore points!

I never really explored Live marketplace, and since I had some points to blow I figured now was a great time. I was checking out some of the downloadable trailers when I realized you can download movie trailers too! So I downloaded the trailer for Aeon Flux.... looks weak. Still cool I can download it.

Then I downloaded a trailer for PGR3 and NBA26 just cause. I remembered I still had those pre-loaded trailers on my hard drive and decided to delete them.

So I go to delete the trailers when I realize my hard drive is only reading 13gigs! As it turns out the hard drives are 20 gigs, but 7 gigs is partitioned off. :mad:

Granted 13 gigs is still a lot of space (because I never got close to filling up my Xbox and I had some 300+ songs and maps). Regardless, 7 gigs is a lot to lose.

Afterwards I decide to download some more trailers. I see NBA Live 06 and decide to download the trailer for that. However, it wasn' t the trailer - IT WAS THE FULL DEMO!

The file is almost 500MB and takes a bit of time to download, but I had no idea you could download demos! Live 06 looks and plays pretty good..... but it ain' t no 2k6

I still have more time to blow before I head over to meet family so I call up Hollywood video to see if they have PD0 available to rent - they do! So I dash over there and pick it up real quick.

Afterwards I head over to my grandma' s WITH my 360. The family is there and they' re all asking about the 360. I hook it up in my nieces room because the family was watching a DVD in the other room.

The first game we pop in is PD0 and I play split screen with my brother. Lol I noticed a huge difference going from my 26 HDTV to my nieces 19 inch composite dinosaur!

Also decided to rip one of my brother' s burned cd' s to the drive, and as its ripping my bro touches the PSU to check it out and unplugs the system mid burn!! :mad:

I quickly turn it back on and check everything out. Everything was fine. We popped PD0 back in and amazingly a couple of the songs we started ripping was available to play. So we' re playing PD0 while listening to Common' s new CD. It was awesome!

Then my uncle comes in and gives my brother a burnt DVD (geez my family has a lot of burnt stuff ). I never tried a burnt DVD so I was like, " pop it in!" Worked flawlessly.

After watching that and letting him play Live 06 I headed back home. Well, and I had some food too!

When I got home I got to thinking exactly how my 360 would look using the regular AV slots on my hdtv. So I hook it back up using just the AV wires -- IT WAS UGLY! Woo boy! Not doing that again. I noticed a HUGE drop in quality.

So then I decided to hook it up using the component wires only this time I left the component wire set to " TV" . Again there was a pretty noticeable drop in quality. So I had enough of that and switched HD back on!

While playing Amped 3 I noticed the left side is cropped Part of the left side of the screen just cannot be seen. I looked online to find some answers and apparently other gamers have noticed certain games are cropped when using widescreen. I played Halo 2 and that wasn' t cropped but Amped 3 is.

Also, played some Half Life 2 as well! I don' t know why but apparently the game goes into a 4:3 mode. I have black bars on the left and right side. It' s weird.

Anyway, that' s what I learnt of the 360 today. Now I got a party to go to. I just hope people show up!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll