Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Duke 3d XBLA
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Duke 3d XBLA - Jul 11, 2008 04:32
Pure gold

Yeah baby! Ok, so Duke Nukem 3D was the shooter for the redneck in all of us… frantic action, pig-cops for bad guys and the added feature of being able to throw money at scantily clad dancers.

So rumours have been circulating that Duke Nukem 3D is heading to XBLA very soon and though we haven’t been able to get a definite launch date, we have turned up so more info. What we have managed to uncover is a brief list of the new features being added to Duke Nukem 3D to bring it in-line with what today’s gamer is looking for in a shooter.

First off, there’s going to be at least 39 levels of action for you to unlock as you follow Duke’s return to Earth to find that alien space maggots have taken over the police force, corrupting officers and chasing after our babes. The wonderful Pipe Bomb makes a welcome return as does the brilliant Shrink Ray and Freezer… but there’s more to come.

Your score will be show on an XBLA leaderboard so your mates can see how much you rock and of course there’s a bunch of achievements to get grab too. Completely new is the ‘painless death system’, that will allow you to rewind the play back to pretty much any point in the last few minutes of play. Handy if you get your ass kicked or just if you want to play a section through a second time to try it differently. This ties in the new User Clip system which will allow you to record, upload and share your favourite Duke moments, purely for bragging rights purposes.

And finally there’s the multiplayer side with online MP co-op games and up to 8 player deathmatch… and having cut my online gaming teeth with Duke over serial cable all those years ago, I’m particularly looking forward to that one.

Anyway, that’s all we’ve managed to discover for now, we’ll keep you posted as soon as we have anything else.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Duke 3d XBLA - Jul 11, 2008 09:50
Duke 3D Online > Halo, CoD, Quake, Starcraft, UTIII Online.

That being said though, I' m not sure I' d shell out 1000-1600 in Microsoft points just for this beastie, not when I' ve got it in pristine CD condition. It' s one of the few old games I like that I actually originally owned. I' ve got the cheesy jewel art & everything!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll