Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bungie admits
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Bungie admits - Jan 24, 2007 05:37
They Screwed Up...

Well I dunno. I enjoyed it still, but if it couldve been so much more then owell we' ll never know. Time to see what Halo 3 can bring.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 24, 2007 06:32
Wow, because they didnt admit that on the LE Halo 2 DVD
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 24, 2007 06:35
You can watch them screwing up if you watch the LE Making of DVD. So many poor choices flow from their mouths in it...but all that they did was confirm what I knew. Halo 3 should be outstanding though.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 24, 2007 06:45
He basically ended the quote with Halo 3 will be much better simply because Halo 2 sucked so much. LOL Do you guys remember when game developers didn' t say anything to the public. Sometimes they are better off just not saying anything at all.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 24, 2007 06:54
Hmmm. I personally thought Halo 2 beat out the original by leaps & bounds. The simple fact is that 50% of the original Halo was backtracking. It worked great in Metroid: Prime where new stuff in unexplored areas showed up, but in Halo it just seemed like lazy level design.

Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 24, 2007 07:10
Lmao! Well, at least he was honest.

Wish I had something funny to say about Hype and Halo 2 but...Nothing is coming to my mind right now.
< Message edited by Shikashi -- 23 Jan 07 23:10:23 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 24, 2007 07:41
Hah. It' s actually quite refreshing to have someone be so blunt about how they screwed it up. Halo 2 wasn' t bad, but it wasn' t as good as Halo. At least they know what they did wrong so - hopefully - they won' t make the same mistake again.

I don' t think they' ll screw it up. Both Microsoft and Bungie have too much riding on Halo 3. If things aren' t up to scratch, I wouldn' t be suprised if they delayed it to 2008.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 24, 2007 08:00
I deteste the level design in Halo 2 and I really hate Dual wield, the idea is retarded and you' d never see anyone at war using two guns at once. If i wasn' t so lazy i' d write a letter to Bungie about how gay Dual wielding is and how it kills the atmosphere and feel of the game.

EDIT: And yes I see the irony of the character in my avatar holding two guns. But he' s DeadPool, he can do whatever he wants, regardless of what he does he always kicks ass.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 24 Jan 07 0:04:22 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 24, 2007 08:26
Poor Bungie, stuck making Halo games untill the end of time.

If i wasn' t so lazy i' d write a letter to Bungie about how gay Dual wielding is and how it kills the atmosphere and feel of the game.

Dont bother, they' re never going to read it.
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 24, 2007 09:21

Unless they kill Master Chief; or Bill Gates.
< Message edited by papado -- 24 Jan 07 1:22:04 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 24, 2007 11:34
Yeah, halo 2 wasnt all done. I think if they would have had about 6 more months the game would have " teh roxzorz" . They should have enough time for halo 3 though, I mean theyve been working on it since how long? and plus it most likely wont come out till november so that gives them alot of time

Unless they kill Master Chief; or Bill Gates.

What are you talking about, Master chief and Bill gates are the same person... I just let the secret to halo 3 out. In halo 3, at the end of the game their gonna try to go back in time to stop the flood from ever escaping, but when they do they do the same thing they did before, thus starting the halo series all over again.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 24, 2007 13:47
That' s what happens when you' re owned by MicroSoft and they say the game needs to be ready on such-and-such a day OR ELSE! Yup, the game gets rushed to meet the deadline. This is why Nintendo games are so often delayed because as much as I hate to say it, Nintendo would just rather get it right. Although I think Nintendo should not give any kind of release dates until they are in final beta testing. I agree that it must kind of suck for Bungie to be working on Halo games and only Halo games until the end of time.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 24 Jan 07 5:49:01 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 24, 2007 15:26
I believe Bungie made a statement saying that this would be the final Halo game that they work on; subsequent games, like Halo Wars, will be made by other developers.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 24, 2007 16:45

ORIGINAL: Zoy

I believe Bungie made a statement saying that this would be the final Halo game that they work on; subsequent games, like Halo Wars, will be made by other developers.

Halo 3 will complete the trilogy of games focused on Master Chiefs story. Bungie will still develop games set in the same universe but they likely won' t have anything to do with the ringworld habitats themselves and so probably won' t adopt the Halo moniker.

They' ll probably make a Marathon sequel at some point too.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 25, 2007 01:33

EDIT: And yes I see the irony of the character in my avatar holding two guns. But he' s DeadPool, he can do whatever he wants, regardless of what he does he always kicks ass.

Yep. You are right. I have never played Halo2. But it seems like a good franchise, maybe to you fans Halo 3 will be magnificent.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 25, 2007 06:35
Halo 2 multiplayer is just a big nubfest. It is fun the first few times you play it and it is fun for people who straight up suck at games. But once you start getting into competetive play it sucks. Which gives it a short replay value. Halo 1 was fun the first time you played it and also had balanced multiplayer. Halo 1 is still fun.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 25, 2007 09:34

I deteste the level design in Halo 2 and I really hate Dual wield, the idea is retarded and you' d never see anyone at war using two guns at once. If i wasn' t so lazy i' d write a letter to Bungie about how gay Dual wielding is and how it kills the atmosphere and feel of the game.

Red Faction 2 did Dual Wield a million times better than Halo 2, it is a sad thing really.
Snipers Enck

• Total Posts : 4
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 25, 2007 09:43
Detest the level designs in Halo 2? Lockout is by far one of my favorite maps on any FPS. The other ones may be shaky, but still offer lots of fun. Except the super jumps. I hate the jerks who use them in matchmaking.

New maps for Halo 2 coming soon, can' t wait
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Bungie admits - Jan 25, 2007 14:51

is is why Nintendo games are so often delayed because as much as I hate to say it, Nintendo would just rather get it right.

I agree with this. The same is true for Blizzard. I don' t think I ever played a game of theirs that launched even close to when they said it would. But I don' t care because they have always made, complete, smooth, well rounded games with great production quality. I' m not a huge WoW fan, but they did a good job on the engine, smoothness and design. It' s just so easy and time absorbing.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll