Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Any broadband recomendations?
fish_wacker

• Total Posts : 142
Any broadband recomendations? - Feb 01, 2007 00:13
Hey
The internet I have at the moment is SH**!
I is always disconecting, somtimes doesnt connect ect...
The mode I have is a BT Voyager 105 and its terrible!
I really want to get 360 live somtime soon but this just makes it impossible!!!
If you have good broadband can you can you give me details about it: Price, speed ect?
THANKS!!
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Any broadband recomendations? - Feb 01, 2007 00:56
To be brutally honest, most Broadband ISP' s are as bad as each other, I personally use NTL...(Not through choice might I add.) and have no end of issues which could have been fixed on the first visit if they had listened to me but 6 visits later they tried what I said and we have been fine ever since.
However you will find that some people get on fine with BT and others don' t, unfortunately it is very much down to your location and who supplies in your area. Just bare in mind that some ISP' s do have download limits so if you plan on downloading stuff off XBL then take this into consideration.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Any broadband recomendations? - Feb 01, 2007 02:40
I' m with NTL too and they upgraded me to 2MB although I only pay for 1 because we have TV/Phone/net. I don' t really download music or movies, just stuff of Xbox live and I find I can host matches etc without any issues.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Any broadband recomendations? - Feb 02, 2007 07:20
Connection-wise? Go for cable. DSL is lacking, and fiberoptic is wicked expensive, not to mention it won' t be available for a while yet.

Service providers? If you' re in the US, check consumer reports for their top service. They all suck, but it' s a necessary evil.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Any broadband recomendations? - Feb 02, 2007 08:00
I had fiberoptic in my neighborhood a few years back. 10mps up and down, simultaneous. It could go much faster than that, I' m sure, but we were supposedly capped at 10, though I' d get more from time to time. The problem is that it failed a lot. My ISP switched to cable, but the old optical lines are still used to get the data to and from the junction boxes in the neighborhood. Now I suffer with a crappy 4mbps down and about 1mbps up. Near unacceptable!!!!
alijay034

RE: Any broadband recomendations? - Feb 02, 2007 16:53
Iad umboros I hate to burst your bubble but that upgrade was accross the board not just because you TV< phone and Internet. They had to get rid of the 1mb users as it was affecting the higher speed users.

Wow Joe you poor poor thing only 1Mb upload, howabout living with a 256 kbps capped upload limit.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Any broadband recomendations? - Feb 02, 2007 22:49
what about a 1mb down? yeah, you heard me right!
alijay034

RE: Any broadband recomendations? - Feb 04, 2007 02:23
Who are you with Silentbomber? Most UK isps are now at least 2Mb basic.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Any broadband recomendations? - Feb 05, 2007 00:29

ORIGINAL: alijay034

Iad umboros I hate to burst your bubble but that upgrade was accross the board not just because you TV< phone and Internet. They had to get rid of the 1mb users as it was affecting the higher speed users.

Sneaky bar stewards, that' s not what they told us! Although it didn' t cost us anything extra - I think it' s 7 quid a month, not bad at all
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Any broadband recomendations? - Feb 06, 2007 04:58

Who are you with Silentbomber? Most UK isps are now at least 2Mb basic.

I dont know how to break this to you, so I' ll be subtle, I' m Irish.

< Message edited by silentbomber -- 5 Feb 07 20:58:36 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message