Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Windows Vista... Shoot Me
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Windows Vista... Shoot Me - Jul 17, 2007 01:02
So my grandma buys a brand new $900 computer, 2 gigs of RAM, a blazing-fast processor, and windows Vista.

One of these things is different. One of these things doesn' t belong.

The PC has been set up for weeks now, but hasn' t had internet. The guy from Wide-Open West comes over today to set them up with a cable connection. He leaves, I boot up the computer, and to my dismay I see that they have IE7. Let me first start by saying that it' s the most dysfunctional web browser I' ve ever seen. It confuses me at times, and I' m incredibly technology savvy compared to my grandmother. Lord only knows how she' d take it.

So I figure hey, she has IE6 at the elementary-school where she works (and checks her email) I' ll just install that! So I head to the Microsoft update page, download IE6, and try to install it. Stupid me soon realizes that it won' t let me install because it has the newer " better" version already installed.

I go to delete IE7 directly from program files, only to be informed that deleting this may cause undesired operations to perform. I click ok 3 times, (yes, it asks me 3 times) and then it tells me that I can' t delete IE7 because I don' t have the permission.

I' m wondering how an administrator account doesn' t have permission to delete whatever the hell it wants, and I' m wondering who Windows Vista thinks it is to tell me that I' m not allowed to do something.

Vista blows. Any ideas? I' m posting this in Firefox, but my grandma barely understands how to get to Hotmail, no less use tabs.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll