Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Who's going to see Transformers 2?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 20, 2009 01:35
This guy is.

He didn't know he'd bought five IMAX tickets, instead of regular ones till he'd looked at his credit statement either.

But, y'know, at first I was a little mortified, but now I'm looking forward to it. I haven't seen an IMAX movie in years. I don't recall if I saw Spiderman 3 in IMAX or not, but that's mostly because the movie was fucking garbage.

Who all's going to see what in the next couple of months?
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 20, 2009 01:58
All theatres should be IMAX
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 20, 2009 04:16
So emofag, can you tell the difference between real IMAX and fake IMAX?  Just because it says "IMAX" on the auditorium entrance you don't think they are all the same, do you? 
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 20, 2009 07:27
We've got a "Real" IMAX in the area. It was one of the first in the midwest, but I'm going to a "national amusements" chain theater. What's the difference, and how do I tell, theater-sensei?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 20, 2009 15:37
Megan Fox looks even hotter in 2.  But yes I'll be going to watch those robots in disguise once more, even if its more just for the cgi transformations than nostalgia for the original cartoons and toys.

If it's going to be IMAX I'm going to have to remember to get there 2 hours early so I can sit in the middle, rather than in the corner where IMAXs best feature is the amusement factor of making the actors have ridiculously large chins.  And fyi that's how you tell if its real IMAX or not. 
Joe Redifer

Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 20, 2009 16:53
Real IMAX auditoriums have screens that are fuck all in size.  Then there is MPX IMAX which uses the same 15/70 film but loses some of the sound components and the screens are generally a bit smaller.  Then there is Digital IMAX which is installed at quite a few multiplexes.  The screen isn't much bigger than a standard auditorium and the projector is digital.  In fact, it is the same make and model digital projector as used in regular auditoriums, it's just that two of them are stacked.  It's still only HDTV resolution, though.  The two projectors make for a brighter image, but not more resolution.  You'd have to be a real idiot to pay $5 extra for Digital IMAX.
emofag

Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 20, 2009 19:16
Stfu joe.
Joe Redifer

Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 21, 2009 01:36
I KNEW IT!
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 21, 2009 05:07
Fuck IMAX, put the movie directly into my eyes.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2009/06/19/eod.super.contacts.cnn
Joe Redifer

Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 21, 2009 06:37
I can't imagine anyone wanting a Transformers movie that close to them.  The first one was dogshit and the second one is getting similar reviews from the countries where it has already been released.  Michael Bay = teh ghey.
emofag

Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 21, 2009 17:18
I enjoyed it, it's a senseless action flick which is fine.  I don't know why some people think every movie should be a philisophical rollercoaster that explains the meaning of life.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 23, 2009 19:49
I'm planning to go see it just so I can b'tch about the serious lack of continuity and its inability to match the G1 series -- just like I did with Michael Bay's first Transformers film.
Joe Redifer

Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 23, 2009 22:07
But you get full frame IMAX Autobots at the head of reel #19!  OMG!!!  That's right, TF2 rips off the same technique that Dark Knight used with interspersed IMAX footage, good only at real IMAXes.

mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 26, 2009 22:31
I have seen the movie and let me be very clear about this. The Movie Sucked but the action scenes were great but again man this movie sucked so bad I felt like I watched a hell I dont have a joke for it. The movie just Sucked thats all. 

I loved the first one but this one michael bay droped the ball on. 

Check out this podcast review these guys feel about the same way as I do.

[font="verdana; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; border-collapse: collapse; "]http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/transformers-revenge-of-the-56 

Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 27, 2009 03:01

let me be very clear about this

...what?

Moving on. I just caught the movie tonight, and it was enjoyable, if severely incoherent. The pacing of the movie was inconsistent, and the at-times-excessive tongue-in-cheek humor cut through some pretty engaging plot and action, but the combat sequences were superb, and the cast put together a great showing.

Emo's right. It's a great popcorn movie. Don't expect it to be what you know it's not.

The plus sides were the trailers for the new Harry Potter flick, and GI Joe, which I hadn't yet seen in theaters. Roll on mid-July!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 27, 2009 03:18
I enjoyed the first one for what it was, how does this one campare?  I'm not in the mood for a movie but if its good I might see it.

Joe Redifer

Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 27, 2009 03:40
If you go, just know that the mob-rule applies in theater auditoriums as hundreds of people will collectively laugh uproariously, knee-jerk reaction style, at the most childish and gratuitous gags.  Thank you, Michael Bay, for your cinematic vision, bringing robot leg-humping into society's collective consciousness.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 27, 2009 04:03
Not too concerned about that. the theater I usually go to typically has less than 5 people in it.

Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 27, 2009 05:04
You silly Canadian rustics and your pitcher-shows.

I enjoyed the first one for what it was, how does this one campare?

It holds up alright. I wouldn't pay more than eight or nine bucks to go see it though.
emofag

Re:Who's going to see Transformers 2? - Jun 27, 2009 05:13
Shut yer trap joe.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages