Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Your latest Music CD purchases!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Your latest Music CD purchases! - Dec 17, 2004 04:18
Similar to the Latest game purchases and games you' ve beaten threads over in the gaming section I figured why not have one for music!

Anyways this week I got:

1. SegaAges Sound Track The Best Plus: Not bad. Comes in as a double disc set with the original arcade themes on the first disc and the Sega Ages sound versions on the second disc 2. There are 47 tracks containing music from Sega classics like Fantasy Zone, Space Harrier, Golden Axe, Gain Ground, After Burner II, Outrun, Alien Syndrome, and Virtua Fighter 2. There' s also a bonus track featuring arranged music of the After Burner theme. All in all I' d have to say that the CD isn' t really worth the price. I have most of the Sega Ages games and think they made some odd choices in some of the songs they included and some of the ones they left out. At a lesser price this CD could have been a good purchase as there ARE some good themes on here, just not enough of them.

2. Street Fighter Tribute Album: This one is nice. Cost the same as the SegaAges soundtrack CD and features a wide variety of arranged & remixed Street Fighter 2 music. In fact each character theme (there' s a total of 12) is done by a different composer. But what initially drew me to this CD and propelled me to buy it right away were two names listed on the disc: 1. Yuzo Koshiro (Streets of Rage series, Act Raiser series, Revenge of Shinobi) and 2. Shinji Hosoe (Dragon Spirit & Dragon Saber).... Squaresoft fans will also be happy to know that Yasunori Mitsuda has a track on here as well (Blanka' s theme). Overall I like what I' ve heard so far. Even though I' ve already listened to the entire CD I still need to give it a much better listen in order to fully appreciate the really good songs.

3. " Butterfly" - Fatal Frame Crimson Butterfly Image Song Single: I picked this one up mainly for the Japanese vocal theme song that was added to the Fatal Frame 2 trailer way back when. Totally loved it and it' s on this CD in very fine form. Being a single, the CD was of course cheap and there are a total of 2 tracks with the second track containing a pretty fruity sounding -- in a colorful platformer sense -- theme that seemed to be a last minute addition made just to throw in a bonus track to occupy some of the remaining space.

Last Week I got:

1. SEGA Saturn History part 2: Very nice 2 disc set containing a variety of cool songs heard throughout the Saturn era. The two discs contain mostly Sega and Capcom game themes. I' ll definitely be getting part 1 of this CD before the end of the year.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll