Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Red-Steel 2 Announced!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Red-Steel 2 Announced! - Jun 28, 2007 05:12
Via Destructiod

The French site LiveWii brings word that UbiSoft has announced that they are making Red Steel 2. According to the article, they' re justifying making the second game by saying that they' re completely reworking the sword system. There' s no announcement yet as to whether or not the game will support online play or anything, but there should be more details rolling out soon.

I believe I' m the staff member who has played the most of Red Steel (~70% of the game), I actually do want to see how much of an overhaul they can give this game, and possibly turn it into something worthwhile. They really need to take their time and pull out all the stops on this, otherwise UbiSoft will be losing tons of fans for wasting money on this. Apart from the sword system, which can get mind-numbingly boring, they need to make sure the horrible rubber-arm graphics and still-shot cutscenes are done with.

So, with this little information available, who wants to start making predictions on the game' s score? Oh, and sorry Necros, you will have to endure me playing this game next year, and forcing you to watch.

[Thanks for the tips, Blindside and Joe! You were within seconds of each other for this]

I thought the game was fairly fun short of the terrible swordplay. I' m definately the only guy I know who' s sat through the whole thing.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Red-Steel 2 Announced! - Jun 28, 2007 05:17
Finished the game wasn' t as bad as many made it ou to be. I found it to be a decent first attempt for a fps on the Wii.

The swordfighting was the weakest thing about the game if you ask me. Looking forward to hearing more about this.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Red-Steel 2 Announced! - Jun 28, 2007 05:22
1:1 motion sensing, thats all we wanted!
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Red-Steel 2 Announced! - Jun 28, 2007 05:30
I really should get around to finishing the first one someday (maybe this weekend).

Anywhooo, if they get the controls sorted out this time (I suppose it was excusable, with Red Steel being a launch title and all) then maybe, just maybe, this might be just the kind of game I was refering to in my " Wii Software Rant" thread.

I pray for an online mode, but I won' t hold my breath.
< Message edited by Marink -- 27 Jun 07 21:31:45 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Red-Steel 2 Announced! - Jun 28, 2007 06:50
Guaranteed to be better than the first one.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 27 Jun 07 22:54:46 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Red-Steel 2 Announced! - Jun 28, 2007 06:54
Online multiplayer would be nice, but we all know nintendo is holding back a much needed online component for... erm... tax reasons?
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Red-Steel 2 Announced! - Jun 28, 2007 08:58
I heard somewhere else that Ubisoft denied it was making a Redsteel 2.

Well if Ubi keep to there word (ie improving there Wii offerings) then i might finally be excited again about this franchise, but i' ll make sure i read plenty of reviews before i serioulsy consider getting this title (i don' t have the original game FYI).

BTW the Wii can detect motion 1:1, however timing the animations accordingly seems to be alot more difficult. I mean The Godfather had pretty close 1:1 motion, i hope that Redsteel 2 comes closer.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 28 Jun 07 0:59:18 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Red-Steel 2 Announced! - Jun 28, 2007 10:21

I heard somewhere else that Ubisoft denied it was making a Redsteel 2.

I also heard that Ubisoft denied tossing their 3rd string developers on most of their Wii games... initially.

Ubisoft also initially denied that they were dropping 1:1 swordplay. If they had gotten the right martial-artists plotting out what worked and what didn' t, that could have been an awesome feature. Instead it winded up being a cheap 4 " button" diversion inbetween what was admittedly a pretty fun game.

For the most part, Ubisoft makes wicked cool stuff, but in the end they' re just like every other company. Deny all knowlege until it has monetary value to the company. Don' t talk sequel untill the negative hype from the first game is a thing of the past, then slap us silly with a blowout of screenshots that are supposed to revolutionise their prior revolutionary gameplay mechanics & watch the dough pour in.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll