Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Castlevania hits Wii...
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Castlevania hits Wii... - Jul 02, 2008 19:36

Konami Announces Castlevania Judgement for Wii
Wii' s first Belmont tale is a fighter?

July 1, 2008 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced that Castlevania Judgment, the first Castlevania title in the fighting game genre, is currently in development exclusively for Wii. Developed by legendary Castlevania series producer Koji " Iga" Igarashi, Castlevania Judgment bridges the past with the present as it pits several generations of the Belmont clan against a host of characters that span the franchise' s 22-year history.

" We wanted to take this addition to the signature Konami franchise in a direction that really sets it apart from the previous Castlevania titles in the series," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. " The Wii Remote and Nunchuk capabilities, along with the iconic characters, make this game the ideal entry point into the fighting game genre. This combination is certain to thrill old and new fans of the franchise."

With 3D environments rendered on Wii, players can choose sides in an epic battle of good versus evil using iconic Castlevania characters designed by famed manga artist Takeshi Obata. Using the motion-sensing controls of the Nunchuk and Wii Remote, players can slash, stab and whip their way across a variety of stages and environmental elements with various surrounding objects as weapons. Select characters can also set traps and make use of monsters on the field to achieve victory in a clash of epic proportions. As an added bonus, players are also able to compete head-to-head using the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and connect with Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on the Nintendo DS to unlock bonus gameplay content.

Castlevania Judgment will be released in North America Fall 2008 on Wii.
ign article

I really don' t know what to think about this.

Konami managed to do something great with the wii-mote and nunchuck with PES but can they do it for this game? I just don' t know.

I guess only time will tell. I just hope it doesn' t end up like Soul Calibur Legends, although the game wasn' t horrible it wasn' t great either. Well atleast Konami didn' t forget an online part and there' s DS connectivity for fans. So I guess we' ll just have to wait and see how this one turns out.
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 2 Jul 08 11:39:33 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Castlevania hits Wii... - Jul 02, 2008 20:12

ORIGINAL: Demonoroth

So I guess we' ll just have to wait and see how this one turns out.

It' ll blow.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Castlevania hits Wii... - Jul 02, 2008 20:33

ORIGINAL: Nitro

ORIGINAL: Demonoroth

So I guess we' ll just have to wait and see how this one turns out.

It' ll blow.

Most likely it will.

I was really looking forward to Soul Calibur Legends. Well that certainly didn' t turn out well so I surely ain' t getting my hopes up for this one.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Castlevania hits Wii... - Jul 03, 2008 01:06

Konami managed to do something great with the wii-mote and nunchuck with PES but can they do it for this game? I just don' t know.

God, im still addicted to death with PES and STILL learning new moves, play tricks, GODLY gem..

As for Castlevania, if they have their strong team working on it, it could be magic, I have faith in Konami, So far they seem to understand Wii.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll