Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Silly Nub Cake has PS3 problem
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Silly Nub Cake has PS3 problem - Jun 19, 2008 08:19
Ok, at my house my PS3 is connected to my TV via HDMI. I brought my PS3 to my moms house for a 5 day visit to let my little sister play MGS4(she loves the series), but Im getting no signal via the A/V cables.

My theory is that because it is set to HDMI in the settings it is refusing to play through A/V. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this without hooking it up with a HDMI cable and setting it to a non-HD signal then hooking it back up? There is no HDTV available here, so any help would be much appreciated.

BTW, anyone know when the SOCOM: Confrontation Beta will be available?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Silly Nub Cake has PS3 problem - Jun 19, 2008 08:40
when turning on the ps3 hold down the power button for 5 or so secs and it should reset the settings.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Silly Nub Cake has PS3 problem - Jun 19, 2008 09:11
Yeah, moving the PS3 to different TVs is a pain. You have to turn the HDMI off first. It demands that you have analog cables hooked up just so you can do that. It really should have an auto-detect... use the HDMI if it is there, use component cables f they are there, use s-video or composite if they are there. That' s not hard to do.

Silentbomber, I didn' t know of that method. Does that reset everything in the PS3?
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Silly Nub Cake has PS3 problem - Jun 19, 2008 09:51
Cut the ps3 off and hold the power on button until you here the second set of beeps. Then your good to go. I thinks its 5 secounds like silent bomber said.

Yo Silent you ever get your rank up in cod4.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Silly Nub Cake has PS3 problem - Jun 19, 2008 12:16
Thanks Silent and Mikayd, that did it.

Silentbomber, I didn' t know of that method. Does that reset everything in the PS3?

No, it apparently only resets the system settings.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Silly Nub Cake has PS3 problem - Jun 19, 2008 12:30
***, I would have liked to have known this when I first got my PS3. I tested my PS3 with AV because as I forgot to pick up a HDMI cable. Imagine my surprise when plugging HDMI for the first time. I ended up using a Youtube video showing the exact button presses to change the settings in the blind. lol
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 19 Jun 08 4:35:09 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Silly Nub Cake has PS3 problem - Jun 20, 2008 02:23

Yo Silent you ever get your rank up in cod4.

I think i' m 20 something now... but ever since i got home for the summer all I play is MGS. Im up for a game anytime your online.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll