Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kentucky Library Checks out Games
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Kentucky Library Checks out Games - Apr 13, 2007 00:41
LINK

Libraries are taking the first step to becoming cool. A three-branch public library in Kentucky will add games to its stacks of books and microfiches this month, reports Kentucky' s Community Recorder.

Each of the Campbell County Public Library' s three branches will carry games for different systems within the next few months. The Fort Thomas branch will host Xbox 360 games, the Newport branch will carry Wii games, and the Cold Spring branch will be stocked with PlayStation 2 games, says the newspaper.

The collection will lead off with about 50 family-friendly titles, such as Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 and Kingdom Hearts II.

However, don' t expect to pick up any of the Grand Theft Auto games at the book barns. " We won' t be collecting the violent games with the harsh language," said Dave Anderson, manager of the Cold Spring branch.

" The violent games with the harsh language" ... lol... I' ve seen the books my library stocks.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Kentucky Library Checks out Games - Apr 13, 2007 04:20
Y' see, they gots the violent games with the big guns and the dangerous criminals wot sleeps wit the sexy hookers!

This is kinda ridiculous to me, though. Are they hoping that the kids will come in for the games and accidentally stumble onto the fact that the best graphics are your own imagination -- in books!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Kentucky Library Checks out Games - Apr 13, 2007 06:28
Scary. A library here in Sweden just decided to do the same thing.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Kentucky Library Checks out Games - Apr 13, 2007 06:37

gots the violent games with the big guns and the dangerous criminals wot sleeps wit the sexy hookers!
LOL!

I can see Le' Var Burton from Reading Rainbow talking to kids about the importance of making a good active-reload. Now we' ll be reading " Marcus Fenix' s Adventures in Curbstompland" .
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Kentucky Library Checks out Games - Apr 13, 2007 10:57
Wow, kentucky of all places to start the first video game library
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: Kentucky Library Checks out Games - Apr 13, 2007 11:24
You mean you guys really don' t have video games in your libraries?

Most, or at least the National branch of the libraries in Singapore all carry video games for rental for at least a year now.

Though, they' re all PC games, naturally.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Kentucky Library Checks out Games - Apr 13, 2007 11:25
I' ve never thought about how hard it is to read quoted material until now.
mastachefbkw

RE: Kentucky Library Checks out Games - Apr 14, 2007 00:06
I really dont see the point of have video games in a library when you have places like Hollywood Video. Not like i ever go to any of my libraries
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: Kentucky Library Checks out Games - Apr 14, 2007 03:03
libraries are free
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Kentucky Library Checks out Games - Apr 14, 2007 04:24
If the word Edutainment appear anywhere near those ' games' . they arent games. [:' (]
mastachefbkw

RE: Kentucky Library Checks out Games - Apr 14, 2007 13:47

libraries are free

Im not poor, its not like $5 is gonna kill me to go to hollywood video where im pretty much guaranteed they' ll have it in stock than go to a library that most likely only has 1 or 2 copies of each game

... not to mention i dont have to worry about late fees. The only think hollywood does is basically give you a slap on the wrist. Libraries nag about everything being in on time. Do they give you a limit on how long you can keep the games?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Kentucky Library Checks out Games - Apr 14, 2007 23:25
My local Blockbuster is terrible with games. For 8 dollars, I get to keep the game for a week, & if I don' t get it back by noon on the 7th day it' s 3 dollars a day after that!

I' m thinking about trying Gameznflix actually, anybody have something like that?
mastachefbkw

RE: Kentucky Library Checks out Games - Apr 15, 2007 12:51

I' m thinking about trying Gameznflix actually, anybody have something like that?

im not even sure if iv heard of it

... i was thinking about trying gamefly, but iv heard negative and positive feedbacks, although iv heard more positive than negative
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Kentucky Library Checks out Games - Apr 17, 2007 11:05
It' s smaller than Netflix & Gamefly but they do both movies & games, which is good for me. Not to mention, they' re jumping on the HD bandwagon, so I won' t have to pay 22 bucks per Blu-Ray disk.

I' ve checked them out, & apparently the only problem they have is being prompt. It appears to take 3 to 5 days (real time, not on the site) to get you your movies, which is realistically what Netflix is. It' s honestly the reason I dropped Netflix. They take way too long to get you your movies, & when you finally get them you watch all three in one night & wait 3 days for something decent to do.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll