Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 So, the GameStop I work at....
Tim Strickland

• Total Posts : 101
So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 10, 2006 15:00
Got word in that PS3 reservations start tomorrow!? My store is getting 16 - which is a HUGE number compared to the 3 we were expecting. We had to call the people that had pre-ordered games, and when we told them they had to make a down payment of $100 to gaurantee a system.....

The excitement dropped rather quickly.

But, on to the point, I am finally hit with the EXCITEMENT of yet another system launch. We begin Wii pre-orders next week, and in just 2 (TWO TWO TWO) short weeks we get the demo kiosks in!!! The holidays are soon upon us all ladies and gentleman, and for once, let us CEASE the " Flame Wars 2006" and revel in the fact that spankin' -new technology will be flooding our streets this year!

NEW ENTERTAINMENT FTW!!!!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 10, 2006 15:41
Im hoping i can afford a Wii, im looking forward to Zelda and Mario, and i dont wanna play Zelda on my GCN, id rather have it on the Wii and get the full expirience!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 10, 2006 15:47
Are you in the US Tim? I' m in Australia and i have already pre ordered my Wii several days ago, how come US only getting Wii preorders in a week?!?!?

Seems strange to me.
Vx Chemical

RE: So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 10, 2006 15:49
Denmark doesnt even have any official preordering, when i was in a Eb games store, the dude told me it would cost around 1000kr, which equals 130$ i just left, if the employees know so little, its not worth the bother!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 10, 2006 15:54
Did you say it would cost 1000Kr for ps3 or Wii (or US$130?) in Denmark? Or is that just the deposit required to preorder?

BTW i preordered from EB too.
Vx Chemical

RE: So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 10, 2006 16:16

Did you say it would cost 1000Kr for ps3 or Wii (or US$130?) in Denmark? Or is that just the deposit required to preorder?

Thats what he thought the Wii would cost, but it wont ofcourse, thats why i didnt bother preordering
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 10, 2006 18:07
Pretty soon we won' t have to call it " next Gen"
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 10, 2006 20:52
I pre-ordered my Wii two weeks ago in GAME for 20 Euro. I was told that it will cost more than 250 Euro because of VAT which is a pain. Maybe this is just GAME trying to screw people? I don' t know but the VAT rate in Ireland is pretty high so I will definitely be paying more than 250 Euro in GAME but if I can get a better deal on the net I won' t buy it in GAME.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 11, 2006 01:31
I' m going to steal one so I don' t really care about pre-orders. If you want to know how I got my Gamecube you' ll have to ask the twelve year old kid I hospitalised .
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 11, 2006 05:07
pre orders are stupid, just wait a few months and you will be guaranteed a unit, have better titles to choose from and most importantly get it cheaper, as everybody who pre orders gets ripped off.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 11, 2006 07:50
Next week, as in, starting Monday Nov 16? I' m just wondering when exactly, because I called back, and I was #2 on the list for pre-orders, and someone in my family turned down the offer. So I' m kindly talking to everybody, telling them that if EBgames calls for any reason short of sperm donation, I' ll say yes.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 11, 2006 09:04
I went to gamestop on my lunch break and pre-ordered it, the store was pretty empty.
Tim Strickland

• Total Posts : 101
RE: So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 11, 2006 13:15
The stats on the day:

50 Reserves at my GameStop! (All 16 PS3' s that are arriving, plus games; accessories haven' t gone up for pre-order yet)....

7 of the people to Pre-Order paid off the system in full, the rest dropped 100 on the system and at least 5 on games.....it will be an interesting launch for certain.

And soon, the Wii begins....
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 15, 2006 00:06
... And ends just as quickly. My brother has joined the angry letter writing gamer faction against EB Games for starting the pre-orders on a Friday morning when he was at school. They called him the day before and told him they could guarantee him a place in the pre-order line if he showed up at 8 AM. School starts at 7:15. To make things worse for him, it was the Friday at the end of the marking period, which is when the teachers catch up on their records and the students do absoluteley nothingof consequence all day. You know, it' s a little sad when we need pre-orders for the pre-orders.
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: So, the GameStop I work at.... - Oct 15, 2006 06:06
No worries about the Wii and the pre-orders. The Gamestop I was at had only 12 pre-order slots, but generally Nintendo does a first allocation which is small (they did it with Gamecube as well) then after a week or two they allow for more pre-orders.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll